Well, looks like I have to buy a new TV thanks to this console

#1MichaelollPosted 1/9/2013 11:43:54 PM
My dad complains how my tv does not show the full video game screen size and says I should get a TV that supports HDMI or something.

On a side note of freezes, my Wii U froze on day 1 when I went to load the Mii Maker/Mii Channel. It froze on the loading screen but it kept on loading for about half an hour, instead of stopping the animation of the circle looping. lol

Anyway, it may freeze often but that's not a big deal. The big deal is how I must get a new TV to enjoy the high quality.
#2xXSmash_BrosXxPosted 1/9/2013 11:46:45 PM
Time to move on tho
---
NN ID: Zmazh9000
#3Y34RX3R0Posted 1/9/2013 11:47:04 PM
Thank you for sharing this vital information.
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#4IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/9/2013 11:47:31 PM
Time to join the modern society and leave the SDTV CRT behind.
#53D_ShadoPosted 1/9/2013 11:47:43 PM
I'm guessing your dad isn't familiar with something called the "remote" and "aspect ratio" button.

Also, Wii U has really long loading times whenever it loses cache. If you use different apps in succession, this is much more likely to happen.
#6ElectricMolePosted 1/9/2013 11:50:18 PM
There are some people on this board who swore that theyd stay with using sdtv for the entire duration of their wii u ownership.

they secretly bought hdtvs recently.

This LOL is for those guys. *cheers*
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#7Tsutarja495Posted 1/9/2013 11:56:08 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Good thing the Wii U is still compatible with the SDTV CRT, using the Wii's adapter. Thanks Nintendo, you saved me from having to buy a new TV for yet another generation.
#8IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/9/2013 11:57:18 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Good thing the Wii U is still compatible with the SDTV CRT, using the Wii's adapter. Thanks Nintendo, you saved me from having to buy a new TV for yet another generation.

lol
#9niels200683Posted 1/10/2013 12:33:58 AM
Also, those LCD/LED/Plasma HD TV's don't even support lightgun games....

So NEW tv's cannot even support technology from the '80s, HD TV is garbage
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#10JKatarnPosted 1/10/2013 12:37:34 AM
Michaeloll posted...
My dad complains how my tv does not show the full video game screen size and says I should get a TV that supports HDMI or something.

On a side note of freezes, my Wii U froze on day 1 when I went to load the Mii Maker/Mii Channel. It froze on the loading screen but it kept on loading for about half an hour, instead of stopping the animation of the circle looping. lol

Anyway, it may freeze often but that's not a big deal. The big deal is how I must get a new TV to enjoy the high quality.

That doesn't bother you? That something you just invested in freezes constantly? If it's freezing up you obviously can't use it to game/anything else. That sure would bother me.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES