Is there some kind of adapter to plug my GC controller into my Wiimote?

#1Ray Ledgend 46Posted 1/10/2013 10:18:57 AM
Because honestly, if there isn't, it seems like a major oversight. Old Wii games like Brawl and Mario Kart support that controller, so why shouldn't I be able to play those games with the controller I'm used to? And now that I've moved my Wii data to the Wii U it seems I've lost that functionality forever. Kinda pisses me off. I've done some minor googling, but I haven't come across one, not even from third parties. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction?
---
Pokemon Info: 3482 5724 5911, Name John. This and all of my other Friend Codes are in my profile.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 1/10/2013 10:22:39 AM
no. gamecube is 10 year old tech, why do you think they'd support it in 2013?
#3Ray Ledgend 46(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 10:24:36 AM
Because Wii games supported it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers playing those Wii games with the Gamecube controller.
---
Pokemon Info: 3482 5724 5911, Name John. This and all of my other Friend Codes are in my profile.
#4NiftyManZPosted 1/10/2013 10:26:03 AM
Just keep the games on your wii.

Wii for Gc and Wii games. WiiU for wiiu games.
That's what I am doing at least.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#5Ray Ledgend 46(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 10:26:53 AM
Wish I could, but I already moved them. It'd be a pain to re-unlock everything, too :(
---
#6Virus66Posted 1/10/2013 10:26:57 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...

This. Just let go man. Just like the Wii let you use GCN controllers, the Wii U lets you use Wii controllers. Why not just allow NES, SNES or N64 controllers also? Learn to adapt. There is nothing that the Pro/Classic Controller can't do that the GCN controller can.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#7NiftyManZPosted 1/10/2013 10:29:02 AM
Ray Ledgend 46 posted...
Wish I could, but I already moved them. It'd be a pain to re-unlock everything, too :(

Should have done more research :-/. All of my friends and I use Gc controllers for brawl, and that alone stopped me from moving stuff over, at least for now.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#8Ray Ledgend 46(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 10:30:26 AM
Virus66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

This. Just let go man. Just like the Wii let you use GCN controllers, the Wii U lets you use Wii controllers. Why not just allow NES, SNES or N64 controllers also? Learn to adapt. There is nothing that the Pro/Classic Controller can't do that the GCN controller can.

Why should I have to adapt when those games supported the Gamecube controller in the first place? I mean, I'm not sitting here asking for Smash Bros. 4 to use Gamecube, it's gotta go sometime, I get that, but hell, Brawl sold itself on having 4 control types.
---
#9NiftyManZPosted 1/10/2013 10:31:58 AM
Ray Ledgend 46 posted...
Virus66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Why should I have to adapt when those games supported the Gamecube controller in the first place? I mean, I'm not sitting here asking for Smash Bros. 4 to use Gamecube, it's gotta go sometime, I get that, but hell, Brawl sold itself on having 4 control types.

When was the last time a system went back two generations supporting controllers, let alone games...
---
#10ObtuseAnginaPosted 1/10/2013 10:32:27 AM
get a Wii Classic Controller Pro, the one that looks really similar to the PS2 controller, they are cheap they are like 20 dollars
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg http://www.stacksofdoom.com
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,....I'd give my life. Not for honor, but for you!