Any ps3 owners got a Wi U also and dont regret it?

#1AnthonyanaPosted 1/10/2013 12:04:19 PM
I am thinking of getting a wi u very soon. Just want to feel out how u guys feel about your purchase? Do any of you have a ps3 and still love th wi U? Or is having the ps3 and Wi U just to much of the same? I have lots invested in ps3 but at the same time seeing Mario and the nintendo lineup in HD has tempted me to buy one very soon. I
#2DemonDog666Posted 1/10/2013 12:09:23 PM
The only exclusive worth a damn is zombiU and it's not even close getting the system for. Unless you are a Nintendo fanboy or the play on the tablet thing would significantly benefit you in some way because of your living arrangement I don't see any reason to get wiiU.
#3DinglesteedPosted 1/10/2013 12:13:33 PM
I have the Wii U and all last gen systems as well. I love my Wii U and would buy another one today if I needed to. Nintendo Land, Mario, Zombi U, Tekken, and Black Ops 2 are more than enough to keep me busy until more games come out.

My Xbox is used for Madden, NHL, and various other sports games. Probably my second most played console. My PS3 is now basically my 3D blu ray player. Had a good run with it but I don't have much I want to play on it now.

3DS gets played for at least 15 minutes a day and sometimes more. Vita I use randomly at night for a quick round of Strikers 1945 or some P4G before bed.

Out of all, the only system I can say I ever regret buying would be the Vita, but even then not so much (Got a good deal on it).
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#41shadetail1Posted 1/10/2013 12:14:20 PM
I've got both, and I'm quite happy with each.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#5shampoowarriorPosted 1/10/2013 12:19:10 PM(edited)
1) Don't listen to DemongDog. He's probably one of the craziest Sony fanboys I've ever seen. Evidence: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita

2) I do own both a PS3 and a Wii U and unless you have several people in your household for couch multiplayer I would hold off until more games come out. The Gamepad is actually really cool, and the 5-person multiplayer (even 2-person multiplayer with different perspectives) is a blast, but the gaming library is very limited right now.

People seem more satisfied with Razor's Edge than anyone ever was with NG3 and ZombiU has a lot of positive reaction from most players. There are plenty of other well-received games right now as well, of course, but the problem with the Wii U right now is the matter of whether there are enough worthwhile things that you can only find on the Wii U right now.

Eventually, the answer will be yes, if you have an open mind. This is the reason Nintendo is still around today. They have fantastic exclusive games. It will be worth it eventually, despite the company's multitude of stumbles, but there is very little reason to buy one right now if you already own a PS3.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#6DemonDog666Posted 1/10/2013 12:21:36 PM(edited)
Dinglesteed posted...
I have the Wii U and all last gen systems as well. I love my Wii U and would buy another one today if I needed to. Nintendo Land, Mario, Zombi U, Tekken, and Black Ops 2 are more than enough to keep me busy until more games come out.

My Xbox is used for Madden, NHL, and various other sports games. Probably my second most played console. My PS3 is now basically my 3D blu ray player. Had a good run with it but I don't have much I want to play on it now.

3DS gets played for at least 15 minutes a day and sometimes more. Vita I use randomly at night for a quick round of Strikers 1945 or some P4G before bed.

Out of all, the only system I can say I ever regret buying would be the Vita, but even then not so much (Got a good deal on it).

Both tekken and BO2 is on ps3 and better versions of them might I add so you saying there's nothing you want to play on it is just being a Nintendo fanboy

shampoowarrior posted...
1) Don't listen to DemongDog. He's probably one of the craziest Sony fanboys I've ever seen. Evidence: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita

2) I do own both a PS3 and a Wii U and unless you have several people in your household for couch multiplayer I would hold off until more games come out. The Gamepad is actually really cool, and the 5-person multiplayer (even 2-person multiplayer with different perspectives) is a blast, but the gaming library is very limited right now.

People seem more satisfied with Razor's Edge than anyone ever was with NG3 and ZombiU has a lot of positive reaction from most players. There are plenty of other well-received games right now as well, of course, but the problem with the Wii U right now is the matter of whether there are enough worthwhile things that you can only find on the Wii U right now.

Eventually, the answer will be yes, if you have an open mind. This is the reason Nintendo is still around today. They have fantastic exclusive games. It will be worth it eventually, despite the company's multitude of stumbles, but there is very little reason to buy one right now if you already own a PS3.

1. Tells him not to listen to me
2. Gives him the exact same advice I did
3. ???
4. Profit?
#7EazyERockPosted 1/10/2013 12:20:14 PM
Dinglesteed posted...

Holy crap... do u do anything other than play video games?
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive.. Ya Mad Bro?
#8PaladinrjaPosted 1/10/2013 12:21:54 PM
Anthonyana posted...
I am thinking of getting a wi u very soon. Just want to feel out how u guys feel about your purchase? Do any of you have a ps3 and still love th wi U? Or is having the ps3 and Wi U just to much of the same? I have lots invested in ps3 but at the same time seeing Mario and the nintendo lineup in HD has tempted me to buy one very soon. I

I have both as well. I'm pretty keen to see what this thing can do. If Gearbox Randy Pickford talks up the console like its a beast, then Aliens Colonial marines should be a defining moment for the U.
#9Sharky8Posted 1/10/2013 12:25:37 PM
The fundamental problem with your premise is you would first have to find a PS3 owner.
#10geneticsftwPosted 1/10/2013 12:35:43 PM
I have and don't regret it.
---
Sweet