A game is not good just because it has mario in the title

#101Infectedglore2Posted 1/10/2013 9:40:28 PM
JPdelaGhetto posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
it's hard to even call mario a character since none of his games have any stories and he has zero personality.

You've missed a whole lot of good Mario games if you think that's true. Just start with Mario RPG and keep going from there.

Mario games are my favorite but Mario actually was intended to be a more emotionless character so as to make him appeal to all audiences. Like Link and many other Nintendo games so that the player can feel as if they're the character.
#102Andrew21044Posted 1/11/2013 2:49:39 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

Not even 'Luigi' is a memorable characters.

*Gasp loudly*

He's one of my favorite characters from Mario..... :'(
---
P0371C M4573RM1ND
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gtp63s.gif
#103BuretsuPosted 1/11/2013 2:52:29 AM
That's Mama Luigi to you, puppy!
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#104Rasputin77Posted 1/11/2013 7:22:05 AM
GloryChaos posted...
Stop.

Replies: 103.

-___-

Let me guess... this turned into an attempt at a "Let's turn a 'troll' thread into a positive thread! / hijack it and talk about ice cream! / Tee hee, we're clever! / etc." thread... which, in turn, brought more attention to the OP and the topic.

Of course a game isn't good just because it has Mario in the title... that's like a thread titled "To eat, you put the food in your mouth, and not your ear". F***ing duh... but yet, because it is what it is, here come those responses.

You post in the threads, turn around, and whine about "trolls". LOL. What's the average IQ on here... in the 90's?
---
Wii U board rule: If the topic title has ANY adjective with a negative implication... it's time to pee pants.
http://alturl.com/hc9un
#105Oni_TaedoPosted 1/11/2013 10:23:59 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
You're one of the few. But you probably also enjoyed the Atari Jaguar (Cybermorph for teh win?)

Familiar characters help ease players into the games. Nobody important really knows who sackthing is, and nobody really cares, because LBP is a game for hipsters who think that they're too grown up for better made platformers like Mario, Megaman, Klonoa, Ghosts and Goblins or anything else.

What new characters were in NSMBU? I know the flying squirrel things, but aside from that, it's all familiar waters.

The next playstation and the next Xbox CAN certainly be more powerful than the U. But they won't be. Sony, because they're bleeding more than woman during a certain time of the month, and Microsoft because they'll probably just ride Kinect into this gen, like how they rode into last gen on the coattails of Xbox live, and a terribly designed controller.

Nope everyone who played LBP remembers sackboy.

That's one of the stupidest points I ever heard.

What are you even talking about now, I never said NSMBU had new anything...

Yeah they will. Like I said ignorant.

Except that Sackboy isn't a character in the same sense as Mario.
Mario is a person, there isn't two Marios (well, there is, but technicalities).
Sackthing (and it is a thing) is like Pikachu. Pikachu is a thing. Not a person. It's a race of creature. Except kids nowadays know who Pikachu is, largely because he's cute and memorable, and there's been at least one or two good Pokemon games. Nobody remembers Sackthing as he's rather ugly, enigmatic, and entirely up to the player on how he looks.

He's not memorable. I honestly forget Sony even exists sometimes, hell I do it while playing my PS3. Largely because I don't own a single Sony made game, so I don't have their stupid logo pop up whenever I pop in a game, nor will I ever buy a Sony made game, they should be happy I purchased their faulty product.

Sackthing is just that, a thing. It's not male, it's not female, it's a thing.

And of course you would never say NSMBU had new anything, because to an ignorant chimp like you, it's the same old Mario we've already played.
Despite it having the best level design, and improved controls.

And no, they won't. Assuming they will be is simply silly, and baseless. You have NOTHING to go on. No evidence to say they will be. Yet, Sony's losing money faster than me at a strip club, and Microsoft is going with the novelty of Kinect, to try and convince themselves it wasn't a total waste of money making the damn thing. Those two things are going against both companies. Sony is going down faster than a Thai hooker, and Microsoft thinks people still give a damn about motion controls done poorly.

Not saying they CAN'T be much stronger, I mean, if Sony wants to lose even more money, that's fine by me, who knows, they might even turn their financial troubles around if they do. And Microsoft might find it's market again if it dropped Kinect.
But they aren't going to be much stronger, if at all. Sony doesn't learn from it's mistakes (awful controller, PSN being breached, PSPblow, the PSP in general, the Vita, the PS3 being as fragile as a toddler made out of Chinese glass) , and Microsoft learns from Sony's mistakes (Good controller, XBLive is nigh impenetrable, they refuse to make a handheld, and the 360, though easily bricked at first, has largely improved).

Microsoft wants to be the best at everything, and fails, but it tries. Sort of like you.
And Sony is content with being fourth best, also in a similar fashion to you.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#106SagadegoPosted 1/12/2013 2:04:18 PM
JPdelaGhetto posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
it's hard to even call mario a character since none of his games have any stories and he has zero personality.

You've missed a whole lot of good Mario games if you think that's true. Just start with Mario RPG and keep going from there.

neither does sackboy, it's just a thing, nothing more nothing less. and his games are meh, with floaty physics and what not
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#107xxxxxnPosted 1/12/2013 2:10:37 PM
The only Mario game that I would never want to play is that CDI one
#108Xcalibur02Posted 1/12/2013 2:24:42 PM
NiftyManZ posted...
TC: I don't like a game/franchise and everyone that disagrees with my opinion is wrong.

I love this board.

Fanboy!
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#109Xcalibur02Posted 1/12/2013 2:38:05 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Stop.

Replies: 103.

-___-

Let me guess... this turned into an attempt at a "Let's turn a 'troll' thread into a positive thread! / hijack it and talk about ice cream! / Tee hee, we're clever! / etc." thread... which, in turn, brought more attention to the OP and the topic.

Of course a game isn't good just because it has Mario in the title... that's like a thread titled "To eat, you put the food in your mouth, and not your ear". F***ing duh... but yet, because it is what it is, here come those responses.

You post in the threads, turn around, and whine about "trolls". LOL. What's the average IQ on here... in the 90's?

And the Shining White Knight of Trolls strikes again.

TC made a topic clearly made to belittle, degrade, and generalize the opinions of Mario fans, and here you come right on time to try to paint him as some sort of victim.

This is why trolls are rampant here. Not only do they succeed at riling people up by purposefully making asinine statements, people defend them for it.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#110StealthlysPosted 1/12/2013 2:41:49 PM
User Name DemonDog666
User ID 6611615
Board User Level 5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours.
Account Created Monday, May 21, 2012 5:12 PM
Last Visit Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:45 AM
Karma 112
Active Messages Posted 272