A game is not good just because it has mario in the title

#31DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:09:56 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
and the same things go for people saying that a game with Mario in it means its milked

Not really.
#32StickMen1090Posted 1/10/2013 1:11:29 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
and the same things go for people saying that a game with Mario in it means its milked

Not really.

well yes.... People See Mario is in the Title and they just go on and say "Wow Mario is getting milked even more" but the game is completely different then the other games he is in so it really makes no sense to say that
#33Oni_TaedoPosted 1/10/2013 1:16:47 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Pkshootout13 posted...
Nsmbu was good. Which games are you specifically talking about?

No it was mediocre and overpriced.

Oni_Taedo posted...
No, you're right. A game is NOT good because it has Mario in the title.

It just so happens that 85% of all games with Mario in the title ARE good.

Mario just has something most other games have, be it the memorable characters, the familiar settings, the music, the outstanding level design, the great physics, tight controls.

You see, all of those are where LBP failed. It didn't have memorable characters, it didn't have familiar settings, what music, the level design was superb, but the physics were wonky, and the controls were loose, wonky, and floaty.

Doesn't mean you have to pretend the other 15% are good and worthwhile.

Toads are memorable characters? Are you just trying to troll? Not even luigi is a memorable character and it's hard to even call mario a character since none of his games have any stories and he has zero personality. This is a very very bad and weak point.

How is familiar settings a good thing? It just means they are recycling worlds because they are too lazy to do something new.

Controls in LBP were tight, it's just the physics that were floaty, you are being redundant trying to make one point out of 2, and LBP has just as good music as NSMBU and less of it recycled.

Your only real point is the physics.

You remember toads. And you CLEARLY remember Luigi. So you just proved they were memorable. But on top of that, you have Peach, the Koopa Troops, the kids, Bowser himself, goombas, Dry-Bones, Tatanga, Wario, Daisy. You don't even NEED to look any of these characters up on Wikipedia to know who they are, you just automatically know who they are, because everything in Mario is memorable. The good AND the bad (NSMB series' music for instance).

Familiar locations IS a good thing. Lazy, yeah. But you seem to forget Nintendo is run by people, and not a team of sea monkeys, mind you, I can see where you'd think otherwise, so be aware that human creativity, unlike stupidity and ignorance (both of which are rather prevalent on this board, most of it from you) is finite.

I agree, Nintendo should try and be more creative the next time, but the level design is top notch, and some of the best in the series, if not better than most other platformers.

And LBP's controls are as loose as a fatman's abs. When I stop pressing right on the analog stick, my character should stop moving. And when I pull back on the analog stick WHILE moving, my character should brake to a sudden halt.

The only thing LBP has up on most games, is the creativity. It's quite creative. After all, that's it's main gimmick. It's plethora of user made content. I would love if Mario would use some of LBP's ideas. The level editor was great, as is some of the locales in the game, but outside of that, LBP is atrocious. And I'm being NICE to it.

And who's claiming the other 15% are good? Mario has some stinkers. Mario Tennis, and most of the Mario Karts, for instance. Hell, Dr. Mario (despite it's amazing music) is one of my least favourite games ever made.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#34YamiYugi4400Posted 1/10/2013 1:17:35 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Baha05 posted...
Whhiiine people are enjoying games! Oh no

Stop.

Hammer Time!
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#35trenkenPosted 1/10/2013 1:18:54 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
I'm so sick of people pretending mario games are great especially the ones that are mediocre at best for this day and age. The NSMB series especially, no online, no level editor, not that much content, insanely easy and a full priced retail game, if this had any other title it would be called a waste of money and a massive rip off, something that should be a eshop game, but since it's mario everyone pretends it's great.

We have 4 lame NSMB games that to me have killed the quality of that name on the front of a 2D Mario game.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#36jsb0714Posted 1/10/2013 1:24:42 PM
Doesn't mean it's bad or tired either.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#37xLittlekillxPosted 1/10/2013 1:25:58 PM
I agree. I don't like the mario party games. But NSMBU is great.
#38DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:29:01 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
You remember toads. And you CLEARLY remember Luigi. So you just proved they were memorable. But on top of that, you have Peach, the Koopa Troops, the kids, Bowser himself, goombas, Dry-Bones, Tatanga, Wario, Daisy. You don't even NEED to look any of these characters up on Wikipedia to know who they are, you just automatically know who they are, because everything in Mario is memorable. The good AND the bad (NSMB series' music for instance).

Familiar locations IS a good thing. Lazy, yeah. But you seem to forget Nintendo is run by people, and not a team of sea monkeys, mind you, I can see where you'd think otherwise, so be aware that human creativity, unlike stupidity and ignorance (both of which are rather prevalent on this board, most of it from you) is finite.

I agree, Nintendo should try and be more creative the next time, but the level design is top notch, and some of the best in the series, if not better than most other platformers.

And LBP's controls are as loose as a fatman's abs. When I stop pressing right on the analog stick, my character should stop moving. And when I pull back on the analog stick WHILE moving, my character should brake to a sudden halt.

The only thing LBP has up on most games, is the creativity. It's quite creative. After all, that's it's main gimmick. It's plethora of user made content. I would love if Mario would use some of LBP's ideas. The level editor was great, as is some of the locales in the game, but outside of that, LBP is atrocious. And I'm being NICE to it.

And who's claiming the other 15% are good? Mario has some stinkers. Mario Tennis, and most of the Mario Karts, for instance. Hell, Dr. Mario (despite it's amazing music) is one of my least favourite games ever made.

I also remember sackboy, so what's your point? Also using familiar character doesn't make a game good either, nobody remembers those characters from the game NSMBU not one single person they remember them from other games and they just happen to be in NSMBU.

I believe I asked how it's a good thing, something which you didn't answer. And you're the ignorant ones, thinking ps4/next xbox can't be significantly more powerful then wiiU...

How is LBP atrocious? You aren't being nice you are being ignorant.

Pretty much everyone on this and the 3DS and all the Nintendo trolls on the vita board.
#39DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:30:03 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
well yes.... People See Mario is in the Title and they just go on and say "Wow Mario is getting milked even more" but the game is completely different then the other games he is in so it really makes no sense to say that

Yeah but half of the mario games just have mario in the title to milk it... They milk it by having mario in the title.
#40xLittlekillxPosted 1/10/2013 1:30:22 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

I also remember sackboy, so what's your point? Also using familiar character doesn't make a game good either, nobody remembers those characters from the game NSMBU not one single person they remember them from other games and they just happen to be in NSMBU.

I believe I asked how it's a good thing, something which you didn't answer. And you're the ignorant ones, thinking ps4/next xbox can't be significantly more powerful then wiiU...

How is LBP atrocious? You aren't being nice you are being ignorant.

Pretty much everyone on this and the 3DS and all the Nintendo trolls on the vita board.

LBP has floaty platforming and, apart from the art direction, is only really interesting when fans use the level creator to make replicas of levels from better games.