A game is not good just because it has mario in the title

#61SegavsCapcomPosted 1/10/2013 3:23:26 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
I'm so sick of people pretending mario games are great especially the ones that are mediocre at best for this day and age. The NSMB series especially, no online, no level editor, not that much content, insanely easy and a full priced retail game, if this had any other title it would be called a waste of money and a massive rip off, something that should be a eshop game, but since it's mario everyone pretends it's great.

Mario has been in a ton of ****. 2 of the 4 NSMB games, mostly all the Mario party games, and the plethora of educational games. But a lot of what Mario has been in has been great.

Also, why do you need online for a platformer game? What purpose could online serve.

And a level creator? It's a nice option but also kinda pointless.

Not that much content? Its like a 10 hour game. It also has a little something called replay value that I can't find in most games.

Yeah, the levels are a little easy, but they're very well designed. Name one Mario game that's hard. Difficulty has never been Mario's angle.

And not many people pretend it's great. People who actually played it (unlike you) are quite satisfied. I'm quite happy with the game myself.

Just a question, TC. Should Little Big Planet have been an eShop game. It's not too different from most platformers I've played.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#62nb003_99Posted 1/10/2013 3:26:14 PM
Yes it is!

Troll! Vita!
#63Enigma149Posted 1/10/2013 3:28:30 PM
Actually, I agree, in principle. In practice, however, many Mario games end up being fun.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#64KAMMYqueenPosted 1/10/2013 3:32:39 PM
"looks at paper mario stcker star" the tc is one smart guy
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#65TrueBlue91Posted 1/10/2013 3:41:09 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
I'm so sick of people pretending mario games are great especially the ones that are mediocre at best for this day and age. The NSMB series especially, no online, no level editor, not that much content, insanely easy and a full priced retail game, if this had any other title it would be called a waste of money and a massive rip off, something that should be a eshop game, but since it's mario everyone pretends it's great.

Not that much content? Its like a 10 hour game. It also has a little something called replay value that I can't find in most games.

Dunno which Mario game you mean, but that's terrible. I'm currently playing Tales of the Abyss, a game which is anywhere from 40-70 hours long on a single playthrough, depending on difficulty settings and stuff like that. Then there's replay value on top of that, such as the new game+ with extra content, and "unknown" difficulty for experts.

And games with good replay value are not hard to find. You're not looking properly.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#66DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:42:36 PM
HeaderHog posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Rayman is coming.
Everybody is anticipating it.
It has nothing you mentioned here.
Your point?

Rayman has online co op so you are factually wrong. Probably more content and more challenging too.

SegavsCapcom posted...
Mario has been in a ton of ****. 2 of the 4 NSMB games, mostly all the Mario party games, and the plethora of educational games. But a lot of what Mario has been in has been great.

Also, why do you need online for a platformer game? What purpose could online serve.

And a level creator? It's a nice option but also kinda pointless.

Yeah, the levels are a little easy, but they're very well designed. Name one Mario game that's hard. Difficulty has never been Mario's angle.

And not many people pretend it's great. People who actually played it (unlike you) are quite satisfied. I'm quite happy with the game myself.

Just a question, TC. Should Little Big Planet have been an eShop game. It's not too different from most platformers I've played.

Online serves the same purpose as local only you don't have to be in the same room to play with your friends.

Pointless? It add endless new content, and there have been tons of mario mods on pc and stuff so it's obviously a wanted feature.

It actually has very little replay value. As for 10 hours it takes 10 hours to 100% going out of your way to get things you really don't need, snes mario games had more content, you could beat the game in 4 hours easy if you wanted to.

Mario lost levels.

Plenty of people in this thread alone are pretending it's great.

LBP has way more content so no it shouldn't have been, if it was the same game but with no online or level editor and the same amount of content as NSMB just with the physics then it should be a psn game.
#67ADHDguitarPosted 1/10/2013 3:43:05 PM
But most games with Mario in the title are good, thus the confusion.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#68DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:43:14 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
You're one of the few. But you probably also enjoyed the Atari Jaguar (Cybermorph for teh win?)

Familiar characters help ease players into the games. Nobody important really knows who sackthing is, and nobody really cares, because LBP is a game for hipsters who think that they're too grown up for better made platformers like Mario, Megaman, Klonoa, Ghosts and Goblins or anything else.

What new characters were in NSMBU? I know the flying squirrel things, but aside from that, it's all familiar waters.

The next playstation and the next Xbox CAN certainly be more powerful than the U. But they won't be. Sony, because they're bleeding more than woman during a certain time of the month, and Microsoft because they'll probably just ride Kinect into this gen, like how they rode into last gen on the coattails of Xbox live, and a terribly designed controller.

Nope everyone who played LBP remembers sackboy.

That's one of the stupidest points I ever heard.

What are you even talking about now, I never said NSMBU had new anything...

Yeah they will. Like I said ignorant.
#69ColorfulColorsPosted 1/10/2013 3:44:42 PM
Oh dear God... A DEMONDOG TOPIC.

Prepare for floods of butthurt of how Nintendo is the spawn of satan and the Vita is the second coming of Jesus.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#70SegavsCapcomPosted 1/10/2013 3:45:32 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Oh dear God... A DEMONDOG TOPIC.

Prepare for floods of butthurt of how Nintendo is the spawn of satan and the Vita is the second coming of Jesus.

Too late, the first one already happened!
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.