NSMBWii
NSMBu
NSMB
SMG
SMG2
Mario is Missing
Mario's Time Machine
Dr. Mario

You have the right to dislike anything you want, but I think the fact that you don't like Dr. Mario speaks volumes.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#72HeaderHogPosted 1/10/2013 4:53:22 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
You're one of the few. But you probably also enjoyed the Atari Jaguar (Cybermorph for teh win?)

Familiar characters help ease players into the games. Nobody important really knows who sackthing is, and nobody really cares, because LBP is a game for hipsters who think that they're too grown up for better made platformers like Mario, Megaman, Klonoa, Ghosts and Goblins or anything else.

What new characters were in NSMBU? I know the flying squirrel things, but aside from that, it's all familiar waters.

The next playstation and the next Xbox CAN certainly be more powerful than the U. But they won't be. Sony, because they're bleeding more than woman during a certain time of the month, and Microsoft because they'll probably just ride Kinect into this gen, like how they rode into last gen on the coattails of Xbox live, and a terribly designed controller.

Nope everyone who played LBP remembers sackboy.

That's one of the stupidest points I ever heard.

What are you even talking about now, I never said NSMBU had new anything...

Yeah they will. Like I said ignorant.

We remember an anonymous hackey sack we could customize.
That pretty much removes all personality from him.

No, it means that we all know that there's going to be new things, but it won't be a big deal.

Who the hell are you? A clairvoyant?
Knowing Sony, they usually make somewhat weaker consoles than their main competition, which in the last gen was Microsoft, and Sony is losing money.
And Microsoft is hyping Kinect like crazy selling Kinect360 bundles.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#73squatch22Posted 1/10/2013 4:55:11 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
I'm so sick of people pretending mario games are great especially the ones that are mediocre at best for this day and age. The NSMB series especially, no online, no level editor, not that much content, insanely easy and a full priced retail game, if this had any other title it would be called a waste of money and a massive rip off, something that should be a eshop game, but since it's mario everyone pretends it's great.

Not that much content? Its like a 10 hour game. It also has a little something called replay value that I can't find in most games.

Dunno which Mario game you mean, but that's terrible. I'm currently playing Tales of the Abyss, a game which is anywhere from 40-70 hours long on a single playthrough, depending on difficulty settings and stuff like that. Then there's replay value on top of that, such as the new game+ with extra content, and "unknown" difficulty for experts.

And games with good replay value are not hard to find. You're not looking properly.

Expecting a platformer to have the lifespan of an RPG?
/facepalm
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#74Emperor_mateusPosted 1/10/2013 5:05:36 PM
Uh Mario games aren't good because they have name recognition. They have name recognition because they are good.

The new super Mario bros series is uninspired, but it still has all the things that made the previous 2d Mario's good.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#75HeaderHogPosted 1/10/2013 5:11:06 PM
Emperor_mateus posted...
Uh Mario games aren't good because they have name recognition. They have name recognition because they are good.

The new super Mario bros series is uninspired, but it still has all the things that made the previous 2d Mario's good.

Unlike this topic.
DemonDog topics aren't bad because they have name recognition.
They have name recognition because they are bad.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#76Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/10/2013 5:17:03 PM
Go back to the Vita board, DemonDog.

We don't need your piss poor trolling here.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#77Infectedglore2Posted 1/10/2013 5:21:49 PM
I'm pretty sure people here know that TC. Especially NSMB2. Still doesn't mean we can't enjoy em though. I'm sure you've enjoyed what "critics" or the "majority" have claimed are bad games.
#78Tsutarja495Posted 1/10/2013 5:23:31 PM
People don't "pretend" they like Mario games, they just do.
#79sonic777Posted 1/10/2013 5:29:14 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
well yes.... People See Mario is in the Title and they just go on and say "Wow Mario is getting milked even more" but the game is completely different then the other games he is in so it really makes no sense to say that

Yeah but half of the mario games just have mario in the title to milk it... They milk it by having mario in the title.

thats how it sells... kinda obvious to have the most iconic character in gaming history to be in the title if he is in the game

And somehow, that's not milking?

You're saying they're milking the character's NAME, not the character, so therefore, Mario isn't milked?

I knew there was a reason I didn't ignore you. And that's because you put some tripped out **** on this board.

:D
#80DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:33:57 PM(edited)
HeaderHog posted...
We remember an anonymous hackey sack we could customize.
That pretty much removes all personality from him.

No, it means that we all know that there's going to be new things, but it won't be a big deal.

Who the hell are you? A clairvoyant?
Knowing Sony, they usually make somewhat weaker consoles than their main competition, which in the last gen was Microsoft, and Sony is losing money.
And Microsoft is hyping Kinect like crazy selling Kinect360 bundles.

And yet he still has more personality then mario, weird how that works.

No idea what you are trying to say again, just more ignorance from you.

You don't need to be clairvoyant you just need common sense something which you appear to lack. WiiU is on par with ps3 give or take, the only way for Sony not to make a more powerful console then wiiU is for them to make something that's not more powerful then ps3, which isn't going to happen because releasing a console costs money and you lose your install base so if they were going to release a console that wasn't more powerful then ps3, they just wouldn't and would just make more games for ps3. Same applies to MS.

Infectedglore2 posted...
I'm pretty sure people here know that TC. Especially NSMB2. Still doesn't mean we can't enjoy em though. I'm sure you've enjoyed what "critics" or the "majority" have claimed are bad games.

Well if they know it they really are pretending.