A game is not good just because it has mario in the title

#91blankempathyPosted 1/10/2013 6:48:19 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
insanely easy

Get past the first couple of worlds then come talk.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#92bigtymer84Posted 1/10/2013 6:50:06 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
No, you're right. A game is NOT good because it has Mario in the title.

It just so happens that 85% of all games with Mario in the title ARE good.

Mario just has something most other games have, be it the memorable characters, the familiar settings, the music, the outstanding level design, the great physics, tight controls.

You see, all of those are where LBP failed. It didn't have memorable characters, it didn't have familiar settings, what music, the level design was superb, but the physics were wonky, and the controls were loose, wonky, and floaty.

I agree.Only most.
---
"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin R.I.P.
#93MercuriusPhiPosted 1/10/2013 7:53:24 PM
I gotta agree to disagree here. Personally, I do enjoy SMBU and as of late Sticker Star. But U does make me yearn for a game like SMW to make an appearance, or even a new SMRPG (which won't happen so long as Square-Enix holds license to characters from it). The Galaxy series was nice, but lacking in replay value and diversity. 3D Land IS the equivalent to iMario (not that that's a bad thing). Couldn't get into Sunshine.

But ignore me, I'm one of those freaks who ENJOYED Super Mario Bros 2.
#94KirbyIsAwesomePosted 1/10/2013 7:58:07 PM
What Mario games lack in features, they make up for in flawlessly executed gameplay rivaled by none.
---
"3DS is simply incapable of making games as good as vita games"
- DemonDog666
#95oxnerdPosted 1/10/2013 8:04:48 PM
NO SH*T SHERLOCK. Mario vs Sonic, Mario All Stars, Mario Baseball. Its obvious.
#96SagadegoPosted 1/10/2013 8:26:45 PM
demon is warn'd about damn time.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#97cdogg3Posted 1/10/2013 8:28:53 PM
I agree with TC, Mario's Missing and Mario Cement Factory were pretty meh. Pretty much all other Mario games are awesome though...
#98TiamatKillerPosted 1/10/2013 9:13:51 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
What Mario games lack in features, they make up for in flawlessly executed gameplay rivaled by none.

To be fair, there isn't that much gameplay to be tinkered with, but it is nice that they've managed to hone their craft after so many years of Mario...some game series still have flawed gameplay.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#99Infectedglore2Posted 1/10/2013 9:30:47 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
HeaderHog posted...
We remember an anonymous hackey sack we could customize.
That pretty much removes all personality from him.

No, it means that we all know that there's going to be new things, but it won't be a big deal.

Who the hell are you? A clairvoyant?
Knowing Sony, they usually make somewhat weaker consoles than their main competition, which in the last gen was Microsoft, and Sony is losing money.
And Microsoft is hyping Kinect like crazy selling Kinect360 bundles.

And yet he still has more personality then mario, weird how that works.

No idea what you are trying to say again, just more ignorance from you.

You don't need to be clairvoyant you just need common sense something which you appear to lack. WiiU is on par with ps3 give or take, the only way for Sony not to make a more powerful console then wiiU is for them to make something that's not more powerful then ps3, which isn't going to happen because releasing a console costs money and you lose your install base so if they were going to release a console that wasn't more powerful then ps3, they just wouldn't and would just make more games for ps3. Same applies to MS.

Infectedglore2 posted...
I'm pretty sure people here know that TC. Especially NSMB2. Still doesn't mean we can't enjoy em though. I'm sure you've enjoyed what "critics" or the "majority" have claimed are bad games.

Well if they know it they really are pretending.

Pretend... what? That they like the newer Mario games regardless if its relatively bad compared to the others? People can enjoy any game. Sure, its worse than the other ones but it doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it. Not everything is tip top perfect.
#100JPdelaGhettoPosted 1/10/2013 9:36:47 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
it's hard to even call mario a character since none of his games have any stories and he has zero personality.

You've missed a whole lot of good Mario games if you think that's true. Just start with Mario RPG and keep going from there.
---
"This is my gift, it is my curse." - Peter Parker