Nintendo 1st party Western games?

#1PangLaPosted 1/10/2013 12:27:34 PM
Just curious are they even any out there? Seems like all the Nintendo 1st party games are from Japanese developers. I wouldn't mind some variety like Sony.
#2GloryChaosPosted 1/10/2013 12:28:03 PM
Metroid Prime series and Donkey Kong Country Returns.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#3Virus66Posted 1/10/2013 12:50:42 PM(edited)
Retro Studios is the big Western developer. However, Nintendo actually has development studios in Redmond, WA. Nintendo SCT being the main one which is heavily linked with DigiPen. Next Level Games is also a second party studio that is located in Canada, and they put out a few titles like the Mario Striker games, Punch-Out!! and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#4NeojianXPosted 1/10/2013 2:33:46 PM
A JP developer could have made Brokeback Mountain the Video game. Seeing how a JP director made it. : )

They make a number of western style JRPGs, like Wild Arms 3. Some Western style in some of the Shadow Hearts games. Specially the last one, that also had Al Capone in it. : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#5AkaneJonesPosted 1/10/2013 4:42:40 PM
I was going to say Dillon's Rolling Western for comedy effect, but there was always Tin Star. Ah ha ha, coincidently both were made by western companies for Nintendo too. So still on topic.
#6YojimboohPosted 1/10/2013 4:55:26 PM
Quote:A JP developer could have made Brokeback Mountain the Video game. Seeing how a JP director made it. : )
@NeojianX

Ang Lee is Taiwanese ^_^
---
I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. - John Constantine