Why Wii U is weaker than the 360 and PS3, explained intuitively.

#5140DribylfPosted 1/11/2013 2:52:53 AM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
And yet ME3 runs better on the U than it does on the PS3.

No it doesn't.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-mass-effect-3-wii-u-face-off

Aside from some cute but non-essential gamepad features, it's safe to say that Mass Effect 3 on Wii U is a solid enough conversion but offers nothing of substance to elevate it over the existing Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game - it's clearly an improvement over the lacklustre PlayStation 3 release with a higher performance level
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#52niels200683Posted 1/11/2013 3:03:11 AM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
And yet ME3 runs better on the U than it does on the PS3.

No it doesn't.

But AC3 does.
Trine 2 definitely does
Puddle does too
Sonic & Sega all stars racing too

ME3, I could not spot a difference

Darksiders 2 is better on PS3
Batman arkham city is better on PS3 too

Epic Mickey 2 is bad on all platforms

I really spent a lot of time comparing to decide which version to get... as I want to keep my PC for movie-rendering only (not as a game PC even though it can easily handle high-end games), and I don't have or want an Xbox (not enough exclusives that I like to warrant the purchase).
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#53omniryuPosted 1/11/2013 3:28:28 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
omniryu posted...
It affects on how many third party titles we get.

Go ahead and try to name 5 multiplatform games that were made worse for all systems just so the Wii U can get a copy. I'll wait. I'm 98% sure that you can't because it's all the same case as with the Wii and multiplatform games where the Nintendo system gets a port with reduced features and special control support.

These arguments are as petty and BS as when people were claiming that the Xbox 360 was holding back the PS3's multiplatforms, unwilling to accept that both systems can play 98% of the same games at the same quality (albeit, more discs on 360). It's all pretty much people nitpicking and just TRYING to find something wrong with a system they don't like just to justify to themselves and others why they don't like it, as well as convince everyone else that their opinion is the correct one.

If someone wants to buy something, leave them the hell alone, we all have the right to buy whatever product we want.

I'm not concerned about current titles. I'm concerned about the next gen titles. You think I'm dumb enough to believe the Wii U can't run majority if not all the content on the 360? That's not the issue. Is the next gen third party title.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#54calhoun1389Posted 1/11/2013 3:38:49 AM
omniryu posted...
I'm not concerned about current titles. I'm concerned about the next gen titles. You think I'm dumb enough to believe the Wii U can't run majority if not all the content on the 360? That's not the issue. Is the next gen third party title.

The Wii didn't ruin any 7th gen multiplatforms either. If a developer didn't believe the Wii could handle their game, they simply didn't port it. If they did, they ported it and decreased resolution a bit. It did nothing to the PS3 or 360 copies of the games inmost cases. I mean, when was the last time you hear a professional reviewer remark that the PS3 version of a game was made worse because the developer ported the game to the Wii? It just doesn't happen. More often than not, a developer will have 2 teams working on 2 different versions of the game.

Sure, the games may have felt worse on the Wii than the PS3, but that's because one is an HD version and the other isn't.. isn't even supposed to be. The controls might also feel vastly different on the Wii version, but that's the price for (what I feel are) gimmicks like motion controls. All that said, if you feel the Wii U versions are inferior, then do yourself a favor and buy whichever console you feel has the superior version.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#55omniryuPosted 1/11/2013 6:26:14 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
omniryu posted...

The Wii didn't ruin any 7th gen multiplatforms either. If a developer didn't believe the Wii could handle their game, they simply didn't port it. If they did, they ported it and decreased resolution a bit. It did nothing to the PS3 or 360 copies of the games inmost cases. I mean, when was the last time you hear a professional reviewer remark that the PS3 version of a game was made worse because the developer ported the game to the Wii? It just doesn't happen. More often than not, a developer will have 2 teams working on 2 different versions of the game.

Sure, the games may have felt worse on the Wii than the PS3, but that's because one is an HD version and the other isn't.. isn't even supposed to be. The controls might also feel vastly different on the Wii version, but that's the price for (what I feel are) gimmicks like motion controls. All that said, if you feel the Wii U versions are inferior, then do yourself a favor and buy whichever console you feel has the superior version.

Ok,it was obviously my statement was taken out of context. I was saying a weak CPU could affect whether or not the Wii U get some third party games or not.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#56calhoun1389Posted 1/11/2013 6:53:36 AM
omniryu posted...
Ok,it was obviously my statement was taken out of context. I was saying a weak CPU could affect whether or not the Wii U get some third party games or not.

So get the console that gets the games you want, I'm not seeing the issue here. I'm also not seeing how not getting certain 3rd party games is justification to try and belittle others who don't care or try to convince them not to get the system they want to purchase.

"Well, maybe I want the Wii U, but it's not getting the games I want."
Well then get both the Wii U and the system that gets those games.
"But I can't afford both."
Looks to me like you have a decision to make. Which is more important, console you want or games you want?
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#57Viscount_ShadowPosted 1/11/2013 7:22:13 AM
So, if I'm building a house, how many bricks can the wii u carry?

It better not be a slacker like them ps3s and 360s.
---
quickly browse the web. www.freedomslink.com
#58Red_hot_smasherPosted 1/11/2013 7:22:53 AM
SSJMario posted...
This is stupid. Why am I responding to give it attention?

---
www.avaaz.org, www.allout.org, www.amnesty.org
All these organizations for human rights, and yet noone cares about the victims of copyright law. ;,(
#59ninjanickxPosted 1/11/2013 8:24:15 AM
If you think about it it can seem that the PS3 is weaker then the 360 because the mulitiplats are made on the 360 and then ported to the PS3 with worse performence.

The PS3 is not weaker than the 360. Its (split)ram has bottlenecked it which is why the multiplats look and play better on the 360. The Wii U is overall more powerful than both the PS3/360, but its low cpu has bottlenecked the system....which is why most current multiplats play better on the PS3/360.

It will only get worse when the PS4/720 comes out.
---
Not changing this sig until M$ gets off their lazy @$$ and make Killer Instinct 3.
-Started 12/5/09
#60digiblasterPosted 1/11/2013 8:28:21 AM
But what if one of the guys can lift three bricks per arm but another only two?

What about wind speed?

Does one live in a bad neighbourhood? You'd need to walk quicker to stay safe...