Seriously Nintendo?

#21pbandjamesPosted 1/10/2013 5:40:40 PM
STE573 posted...
The way the fanboys dive in to here to say it's a rumour is fantastic, if this was anything even remotely positive, it would be fact according to you guys

First of all, I can't remember the last time I saw someone believe a rumor without lack of proof. You're just generalizing and making crap up. When I see positive rumor threads, most people ask for proof just like now, and the other comment that mainly comes up in those is "I hope this is true".

People are suspicious of rumors in general, it's not something specific to "fanboys". And the fact that, in your views, people asking for proof in a negative rumor makes them a fanboy is extremely ignorant.

But, be as you will.
---
Game news is the best news.
#22STE573Posted 1/10/2013 5:41:54 PM
Baha05 posted...
STE573 posted...
The way the fanboys dive in to here to say it's a rumour is fantastic, if this was anything even remotely positive, it would be fact according to you guys, lets not forget that the site is one that is constantly touted as being a good source on these boards, despite their expected bias.

Maybe it is a rumour, but what if it is true, which is entirely possible given evidence of how strict the Miiverse is? I've been modded myself for a post containing so called spoilers for NG when it is within the first 10 minutes of gameplay and on the back of the box.

What I don't get is how the mods found out it was a 10 year old posting the pic?

I tend to stay more on speculation so any rumor I have to question. However the negative rumors pop up FAR more often then the positive.

And if the rumor is true then it just means they need to work on the moderation, but with the source again what was preventing the original poster from taking pictures?

I know they do, it's the nature of this board, the PS3 board was worse than this a few years back, and the Vita board is just as bad now, but it's a uniqueness on this board to out and out to debunk any rumours that are negative and decorate with honour positive ones, I mean look at Knitimex's topic for example. I do agree that we should have proof, but it still bothers me that this could so easily be true.

For the record, I actually don't mind the way Miiverse is modded, I just think the extremes that I have heard of are just that, extremes, and as such, are rare in occurrence.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#23Kooky_von_Koopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:45:41 PM
pbandjames posted...
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Look who's late to the "I'm going to pretend this proof-less rumor is real!" party.

Prove it isn't real.

That's not how arguments work lol. Proof is what keeps us from silly assumptions.

"The PS4 will only be able to play games in 3D on a 4K TV and it'll cost $1000, and $100 per game."

Prove that isn't real. It's a rumor I made. Disprove it.

Done.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#24STE573Posted 1/10/2013 5:53:43 PM
pbandjames posted...
STE573 posted...
The way the fanboys dive in to here to say it's a rumour is fantastic, if this was anything even remotely positive, it would be fact according to you guys

First of all, I can't remember the last time I saw someone believe a rumor without lack of proof. You're just generalizing and making crap up. When I see positive rumor threads, most people ask for proof just like now, and the other comment that mainly comes up in those is "I hope this is true".

People are suspicious of rumors in general, it's not something specific to "fanboys". And the fact that, in your views, people asking for proof in a negative rumor makes them a fanboy is extremely ignorant.

But, be as you will.

Where was I saying that people were asking for proof of negative rumours? Whats that? I wasn't? Cheers. The way you've taken this out of context makes you the ignorant one here.

But alas, I refuse to have this argument, due to the absolute volume of topics that can prove the contrary, go look up some of Knitimex's topics for example.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#25pbandjamesPosted 1/10/2013 6:23:36 PM
STE573 posted...

Where was I saying that people were asking for proof of negative rumours? Whats that? I wasn't? Cheers. The way you've taken this out of context makes you the ignorant one here.

But alas, I refuse to have this argument, due to the absolute volume of topics that can prove the contrary, go look up some of Knitimex's topics for example.

By stating it's a rumor, it's to counteract the idiots that would believe it. They just post "rumor" because the TC didn't offer any proof. So I didn't take it out of context. Why would they be "fanboys" just for posting "Rumor"?

Admittedly, I've been on other boards much more than this one, so what you're saying could happen here a little more. But still, I don't think it would be that much more.
---
Game news is the best news.