PS3 sold more in it's first december than WiiU

#41cycledancePosted 1/10/2013 7:35:05 PM
stop saying the ps3 was 600. that was just the 60gb model.
they had a 20gb model that cost 500 too.
#42Zato InfinitePosted 1/10/2013 7:38:16 PM
crowkillers posted...
I don't know why the average Joe is so worried about what system sold how many thousand copies and then try and throw numbers into people's faces like they know the first thing about big business.. Is this something that you people actually discuss in school or work or has an affect on your everyday lives..?

Are you kidding me? That's my line when I'm trying to get a phone number! Yeah, bro, I'm real smooth with the ladies- oops I meant I'm real smoove wif da honeys....
#43Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/10/2013 7:41:06 PM
pbandjames posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Can't sell something if you don't have it.

Yeah, you're right. PS3 sold out because Sony didn't meet their quota in NA by almost half. That's also what raised the Ebay prices, since it was hard to find in many areas.

Couple that with the fact that most of the Ebay sales were only high for less than two weeks after launch, and it all makes sense.

So no, the PS3 didn't do anything special to have shortages. There's was just less PS3s then there should have been. That also created some lovely PR for them, with many thinking it was sold out because it was special. But all they had for "special" was Ridge Racer 7. What a shame.

I like the PS3, but you need to stop acting like sales are conclusive data that aren't affected by other factors. It's also not the greatest console ever, especially its launch. It had a horrible launch, worse than the Wii U to many.

Whoa, you got all of that because I said it was sold out?

Damn, you're just full of assumptions
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#44Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/10/2013 7:42:55 PM
GLDanzego posted...
PS3 Ebay sales weren't high for longer than half a week at launch. I don't know how anyone else's recollection is, but I remember it because I was watching everything very closely at the time. I sold a 20GB PS3 on launch morning for $1500 buy it now and within a few days, people weren't even averaging a profit. Within a couple of weeks, PS3's were easy to find on store shelves.

But then when you launch with less than 200,000 systems, that sort of hysteria does occur. Either way, it was short lived. The PS3 sales numbers during the period weren't nearly as held back as certain people here would have others believe.

---

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/66547-PS3-And-Wii-Sell-Out-In-Retail-Ebay-Numbers

Check the date, seems like people were making profits and still selling them almost two weeks after launch.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#45BuretsuPosted 1/10/2013 8:28:45 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
pbandjames posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Yeah, you're right. PS3 sold out because Sony didn't meet their quota in NA by almost half. That's also what raised the Ebay prices, since it was hard to find in many areas.

Couple that with the fact that most of the Ebay sales were only high for less than two weeks after launch, and it all makes sense.

So no, the PS3 didn't do anything special to have shortages. There's was just less PS3s then there should have been. That also created some lovely PR for them, with many thinking it was sold out because it was special. But all they had for "special" was Ridge Racer 7. What a shame.

I like the PS3, but you need to stop acting like sales are conclusive data that aren't affected by other factors. It's also not the greatest console ever, especially its launch. It had a horrible launch, worse than the Wii U to many.

Those are called 'facts'. I understand that you're not familiar with them before you smear them with **** and post them in a topic.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#46Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/10/2013 8:32:21 PM
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
pbandjames posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Those are called 'facts'. I understand that you're not familiar with them before you smear them with **** and post them in a topic.

How can they be facts when I never said the PS3 was the greatest console ever, or anything about how the PS3 was sold out, I simply said it was sold out. Everything he said was just assumption of my intentions or mindset.

How about you stay out of other peoples business because you totally just made a fool of yourself
---
#47GLDanzegoPosted 1/10/2013 10:55:20 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
GLDanzego posted...
PS3 Ebay sales weren't high for longer than half a week at launch. I don't know how anyone else's recollection is, but I remember it because I was watching everything very closely at the time. I sold a 20GB PS3 on launch morning for $1500 buy it now and within a few days, people weren't even averaging a profit. Within a couple of weeks, PS3's were easy to find on store shelves.

But then when you launch with less than 200,000 systems, that sort of hysteria does occur. Either way, it was short lived. The PS3 sales numbers during the period weren't nearly as held back as certain people here would have others believe.

---

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/66547-PS3-And-Wii-Sell-Out-In-Retail-Ebay-Numbers

Check the date, seems like people were making profits and still selling them almost two weeks after launch.

Yeah, great, now why don't you try reading the article itself? It states: "Ebay has released sales numbers for both the PS3 and Wii during the first week of availability." It doesn't state or imply anything about sales over a period of two weeks. Fail more.
#48ChipChippersonPosted 1/10/2013 11:03:59 PM
I'm so distraught over this news that I may have to cut myself to let the pain out.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#49Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/10/2013 11:14:59 PM
GLDanzego posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
GLDanzego posted...

---

Yeah, great, now why don't you try reading the article itself? It states: "Ebay has released sales numbers for both the PS3 and Wii during the first week of availability." It doesn't state or imply anything about sales over a period of two weeks. Fail more.

You said few days, not a week and in 2 weeks it still = sold out.. not as you said.. try harder
---
#50GLDanzegoPosted 1/11/2013 7:02:35 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
GLDanzego posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
GLDanzego posted...

---

You said few days, not a week and in 2 weeks it still = sold out.. not as you said.. try harder

Indeed, I did say within a few days people weren't making a profit (that's after Ebay, shipping and Paypal fees, for the record). I also said that I sold a 20GB system for $1500 on day one. So did other people, along with those selling the more expensive 60GB system. The time frame the article is addressing is one week and they used an average for how much people were generally getting.

Do I seriously need to explain to you how averages work? When a bunch of people sell something for a lot at the beginning of the week and then some people sell something for not nearly as much toward the end of the week, the average lands somewhere in the middle. Capiche?

Finally, I don't need to try harder. You're falling flat on your own face just fine. But then that's nothing new. It's actually quite humorous watching you try to twist some random internet article to your favor when I saw with my own two eyes and remember quite vividly what was going on (seeing as how I had a vested interest in it at the time).

--