Stop being surprised the Wii U isn't doing so hot. This is what happens...

#41TheBonfiniPosted 1/10/2013 9:57:52 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
when a company once for TRUE GAMERS starts catering to CASUALS.

Proof:

Xbox 360 was curb stomping the PS3, then it came out with lol Kinect. And now despite the year head start, despite the higher price tag initially, the PS3 has finally OUTSOLD the 360.

This IS what happens when you are a hardcore company that dumps your REAL fans and caters to CASUALS.
Sony is too dumb to realize this so next gen they are probably going to make the same mistake. What a joke.

You sound bitter over the way a company directs itself to be profitable. On behalf of Nintendo, we apologize. Do you feel any better now?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#42TJSpykePosted 1/10/2013 10:13:17 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

Proof:

Xbox 360 was curb stomping the PS3, then it came out with lol Kinect. And now despite the year head start, despite the higher price tag initially, the PS3 has finally OUTSOLD the 360.

This IS what happens when you are a hardcore company that dumps your REAL fans and caters to CASUALS.
Sony is too dumb to realize this so next gen they are probably going to make the same mistake. What a joke.

First off, Xbox 360 is still outselling PlayStation 3, stop spreading lies. The prediction by the analyst is that PS3 has SHIPPED more. Shipped is NOT the same as sol.

And the Wii U is not selling as well as Wii (for various reasons) but it is still selling really well.
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#43oxnerdPosted 1/10/2013 10:42:12 PM
I seriously don't know what you define as a true gamer. Is it like people who make out with their games or something?
#44EvilSock1990Posted 1/10/2013 10:49:06 PM
blaze go be a terrible troll elsewhere.
#45ChipChippersonPosted 1/10/2013 10:50:48 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Nintendo hasn't changed. The gamers have.

Before, they were just game addicts that played whatever system they could get their hands on. Now they're whiny pr*cks, too stuck up in hardware specs than the games themselves.

Pretty much. I'm 35 and I've been at this hobby for almost 30 of those years. The games really haven't changed, the ''gamers'' have; they whine and kvetch more than crippled old women.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#46Arn544Posted 1/10/2013 10:56:34 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

Proof:

Ps3 has outsold the 360 because it's a better console. People can say what they want about their software preferences, like which games are better or they can compare the online services. When it comes down to it Ps3's hardware steamrolled the 360's

The only reason the 360 had an edge was because of Halo, Halo 2 was the ultimate party game of the gen before this one and started the online craze. So naturally when the new consoles come out people are going to be buying the console they could get the next halo for, and it became the popular system in america.

Popular however does not mean it was better, but 9/10 times people are going to cave to peer pressure over doing what they like better.

People are most likely going to once again go with xbox because it's the socially popular thing to do, however if ps4 can get some enticing titles or xbox's brand was damaged by the 52% failure rate or just that it was the inferior console then ps4 might do better out of the gate.
#47DorotimusWitikPosted 1/10/2013 11:27:09 PM
Personally I think the biggest problems with the Wii U in terms of sales are pretty obvious. The tablet isn't the kind of gimmick that draws a crowd like the motion controller of the Wii was. As a result there isn't much word of mouth. Nintendo very stupidly chose to use the Wii name in their new console, which isn't doing them much good because it doesn't elicit images of being anything revolutionary and world changing when you just stick a letter or a number on your last product name. The marketing for Wii U has been completely atrocious and there is no killer app selling the Wii U right now like there was with Twilight Princess did on the Wii. If Nintendo had hedged their bets right, they would have skipped Skyward Sword on Wii and made it a WiiU exclusive launch title. It ended up not selling as well as Twilight Princess in spite of being a slightly better received game and now it isn't mobilizing sales of the new console.

That said, they can probably turn on the hype machine sooner or later. They have a fairly large war chest, so they can buy the word of mouth and marketing that they need. They are probably just waiting for the Wii U to actually be finished before they do. It's kinda beta-y right now. Not a lot of exciting games for it yet either... though I loved NSMBU.
#48KHWyvernPosted 1/10/2013 11:29:11 PM
Trololololo.

Also, can't take anyone who uses the phrase true gamers and casuals seriously.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#49nedrithPosted 1/10/2013 11:51:04 PM
TJSpyke posted...
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

Proof:

First off, Xbox 360 is still outselling PlayStation 3, stop spreading lies. The prediction by the analyst is that PS3 has SHIPPED more. Shipped is NOT the same as sol.

And the Wii U is not selling as well as Wii (for various reasons) but it is still selling really well.

Ok, so go ahead and prove the shipped numbers wrong? News articles state the only actual proof which is by #'s shipped. For your argument to be true Sony would of had to have shipped more than 1 million more unsold consoles than MS. I know every store I go to in the US has a ton of 360s on display but few PS3s.

However catering to the casuals isn't the problem. MS hasn't wasted much on kinect. It just can't beat the reputation that the PS2 and Sony made. Not to mention the 360 will always be hurt by the RROD incident and the cost associated by the online service.
#50SSj7CloudSPosted 1/10/2013 11:55:49 PM
loltruegamers

I agree TC, you are a joke.

/thread.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77