Stop being surprised the Wii U isn't doing so hot. This is what happens...

#81rajin_donutsPosted 1/11/2013 10:06:28 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
rajin_donuts posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

-Miyamoto

That's why I like playing Angry Birds so much. It gets me in touch with my primitive and primal side.

Primal- Being first in time; original; of or relating to the earliest ages; young

Primitive- Relating to, denoting, or preserving an early stage in the evolutionary or historical development

You do realize that there are multiple definitions for those words in addition to what you provided. You also do realize that it is in no way clear to the reader of this quote as to the way Miyamoto is using those words. Granted he is talking about adults and children in the next sentence, but the distinction he is trying to make there is more appropriate for what differentiates serial killers and Wall Street thugs from the rest of the population. My issue is not with you, P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N, but with what Miyamoto is trying to say.
#82DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/11/2013 10:07:40 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
Yea I personally never really liked pineapple pizza, it just seems like such an odd combination? Like you said anybody else feel the same?

I agree. Canadian all the way. Pepperoni, Mushroom, and BACON?!
BACON?!?!
oh god yes.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#83leeko_linkPosted 1/11/2013 10:49:09 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
when a company once for TRUE GAMERS starts catering to CASUALS.

Proof:

Xbox 360 was curb stomping the PS3, then it came out with lol Kinect. And now despite the year head start, despite the higher price tag initially, the PS3 has finally OUTSOLD the 360.

This IS what happens when you are a hardcore company that dumps your REAL fans and caters to CASUALS.
Sony is too dumb to realize this so next gen they are probably going to make the same mistake. What a joke.

So we're hating on casual gamers now. What did casual gamers or companies who make games for them ever do to you, you were one of them before this?
#84Semi45aPosted 1/11/2013 11:12:02 PM
you take that back! once zelda wii u is out, you will be sorry!
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#85GenoPosted 1/12/2013 12:32:33 AM
I can explain PS3 outselling 360:

1.) Free online!
2.) Huge backlog of games $5 - $20 that range from decent to amazing!
3.) Free online!
4.) Trophies may not be Gamerscore, but still, achievements!
5.) Free online!
6.) Price tag on the PS3 doesn't cause sticker shock in this economy.
7.) Free online!

Honestly, it all kinda boils down the PS3's online, if you couldn't tell. Why pay $120+ a year for what amounts to online access and the privilege of being bombarded with ads, when you can fork over $150 for a PS3, get online in seconds, and stay online for free? And the only ads that the PS3 throws at you the moment you boot up is in a tiny little bar by the clock, that slowly scrolls by with new shop releases. Best of all, even if you do pay for Playstation Plus, you actually get something out of it. Xbox Live Gold doesn't give you diddly squat 'cept for more ads and the 'privilege' to play your games online.

I'm hoping Microsoft takes the hint and either charge less money for their internet services or does what Sony did and follows their model.

tl;dr: It all boils down to money: PS3 + Huge Backlog x Free Online = High Sales.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#86Infectedglore2Posted 1/12/2013 5:35:04 PM
JKatarn posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
All video games were meant for children. Even nasty blood-riddled violent games and supposedly "complicated" RPGs.

You do realize that the average age of game audience is 24-36, right? Then again, I imagine you created this account purely to create troll threads/posts.

So what? The average age of MLP watchers are 21-30 too and that show was targed for little girls. The gaming industry was always for children. You realize that GAMING itself is a childish thing to do? Video games just like any other toy sells more because of kids.

And no, the average age of HARDCORE players are 24-36. The majority of gamers as you can see by the huge sales of Pokemon and Call of Duty are still 8-16 year olds.

And lol I mainly defend Nintendo so no, you have no idea what you're talking about. I suspect that you were one of those unpopular losers back in school and thus you believe that more people play games than is actually true.
#87EndgamePosted 1/12/2013 5:42:56 PM
Nintendo hasn't changed.

oh yes they ****ing have

I..... I don't even know where to begin explaining this to you, you'd have to be blind to not see this
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#88DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/13/2013 12:42:35 AM
Endgame posted...
Nintendo hasn't changed.

oh yes they ****ing have

I..... I don't even know where to begin explaining this to you, you'd have to be blind to not see this

They really haven't, actually. Aside from being a bigger business in a bigger market, that is.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#89darkqueenhelbaPosted 1/13/2013 1:18:44 AM
who cares
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#90CrysianiaPosted 1/13/2013 5:41:11 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
who cares

People who post in this thread? :P
---