Wii U launch: What went wrong?

#11Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:21:22 AM
RisingWater posted...
Click on this

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/compare/

Yep, you know it's not good when your names are so similar you have to make a chart like that.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#12Lemmywinks13Posted 1/11/2013 4:23:26 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
RisingWater posted...
Click on this

Yep, you know it's not good when your names are so similar you have to make a chart like that.

Why do you care so much about a system you have no interest in?
#13RisingWaterPosted 1/11/2013 4:23:39 AM
That chart makes WiiU look like some new Wii sku.
#14Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:25:54 AM
RisingWater posted...

Indeed, like comparing an iPod Shuffle to an iPod Touch.

I just don't understand why they stuck with the Wii name, the damn thing lost its sales momentum what, 2 years ago?
---
#15BuretsuPosted 1/11/2013 4:26:26 AM
RisingWater posted...
Click on this

I love how it's not a problem that Microsoft just added a number to the end of their last console, but Nintendo adding a letter is all of a sudden super confusing and stuff.

And if marketing is brought up, Microsoft's pre-release commercials didn't even make it clear they were for video games.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#16Lemmywinks13Posted 1/11/2013 4:29:58 AM
RisingWater posted...

Indeed, like comparing an iPod Shuffle to an iPod Touch.

I just don't understand why they stuck with the Wii name, the damn thing lost its sales momentum what, 2 years ago?

This might be the only time I ever agree with you. I think the name is a mistake. I see it as a very short term mistake though. People will learn the difference soon enough. Just like they are learning now with the 3DS.
#17Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:31:39 AM
I sure hope they do, because the Wii U is starting to falter. December and November are the busiest shopping months of the year and they put out very lackluster numbers.
---
#18BuretsuPosted 1/11/2013 4:36:09 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Why do you care so much about a system you have no interest in?

That's his schtick. He pretends to act all concerned and sympathetic so people don't realize he's trolling. It's incredibly effective too, at least with the braindead GameFAQs mods, because he always managed to get away with it.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#19StarBladeEdgePosted 1/11/2013 4:40:53 AM
what went wrong ? tc , people like you went wrong. trolling the boards talking trash.
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#20wingo84Posted 1/11/2013 4:42:22 AM
Unless it has a "2" after the name people will just have no idea what's going on.

Nintendo should have better advertised this, I seen an advert for PS3 all throughout the Xmas period opposed to 1 rubbish Nintendo advert that explained nothing about the system.
---
NNID - Wingo84