Wii U launch: What went wrong?

#61FlyinTonitePosted 1/11/2013 4:13:31 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
FlyinTonite posted...
I'm sorry, these nintendoomed topics don't fly when nintendo is doing well.

Lol they aren't

Let them believe it if they want, I guess.

oh hush you. You claim to be sad when nintendo is doing bad but you have some fascination with them doing horribly.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#62BuretsuPosted 1/11/2013 4:14:20 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
FlyinTonite posted...
I'm sorry, these nintendoomed topics don't fly when nintendo is doing well.

Lol they aren't

The 3DS is selling like hotcakes on a bacon hooker, the Wii U is selling well, Nintendo's stock price is going up. Yeah, I'd say they're doing fine.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#63Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:17:42 PM
I want Nintendo to do well. It's just that their consoles haven't been doing well in a long time. N64 and GCN obvious issue, Wii sold well but lost steam 2 years in due to Nintendo's short sighted vision. Sadly the Wii U looks like it is going to falter again.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#64DTY3Posted 1/11/2013 6:41:04 PM
utterly fail in Europe, do poorly in the US, an mediocrely in Japan?

wut lol
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#65suprsoliderPosted 1/11/2013 6:47:51 PM
I can tell you what has gone wrong.

Nintendo being Nintendo is what is wrong.

Folks, time to admit, Nintendo screwed you guys again.

Slow processor
weak ass hardware
poor launch titles (Dreacmast had a better launch than Wii U did and that was 13 years ago)

Sorry, but when PS4 and and new Xbox are shown, and the power of those machines will be much higher, it is going to leave the Wii U in the dust. It happened with the Wii, sure it sold more units but software sales are far less than the other 2 consoles.

Nintendo has got to realize the casual gamers don't buy that many games. It's just a simple fact. Plus now with Smart Phones and tablets in the market, the Wii U is more novelty than inspiring.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#66blankempathyPosted 1/11/2013 6:56:30 PM
suprsolider posted...
I can tell you what has gone wrong.

Nintendo being Nintendo is what is wrong.

Folks, time to admit, Nintendo screwed you guys again.

Slow processor
weak ass hardware
poor launch titles (Dreacmast had a better launch than Wii U did and that was 13 years ago)

Sorry, but when PS4 and and new Xbox are shown, and the power of those machines will be much higher, it is going to leave the Wii U in the dust. It happened with the Wii, sure it sold more units but software sales are far less than the other 2 consoles.

Nintendo has got to realize the casual gamers don't buy that many games. It's just a simple fact. Plus now with Smart Phones and tablets in the market, the Wii U is more novelty than inspiring.

And in the end none of that matters. Its always come down to the games. Same reason 3ds is still killing it inspite of being outpowered by modern smart phones and the vita.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#67suprsoliderPosted 1/12/2013 7:12:20 AM
And in the end none of that matters. Its always come down to the games. Same reason 3ds is still killing it inspite of being outpowered by modern smart phones and the vita.
---

Outperforming the Vita, yes I agree. But that is mostly Sony's fault there.

As for killing Smart Phones and tablets, Nope, the iOS store sells more game apps in 5 minutes than Nintendo 3DS does in a month.

And PS4 and next Xbox WILL have the games to back it up, and the Wii U won't have the power to play those games and it will be the Wii all over again.
Just wait and see.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#68Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 12:12:03 PM
Bump.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#69BuretsuPosted 1/12/2013 12:13:03 PM
Chump.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#70squatch22Posted 1/12/2013 12:17:09 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I want Nintendo to do well. It's just that their consoles haven't been doing well in a long time.

Yeah, i mean the DS and Wii werent the best selling systems last gen, and the 3DS isnt doing massively well this gen.
And the WiiU hasnt sold nearly 3/5ths of Nintendos target with over 2 months to go.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg