Nintendo Stock Rises

#21Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/11/2013 8:33:18 AM
digiblaster posted...
TediousMatt posted...
digiblaster posted...
Also, if anybody mentions Microsoft or Sony shares in this thread I will hit you.

Microsoft and Sony shares!

Come at me bro. Do you even lift?
:)

Crap. I kinda hope the threat would be enough D:

No need to mention Microsoft, the stock has been around the same for the past 5 years.
Up and Down around 5 or 6, but that's typically normal as no stock stays the same price forever

Not like Sony or Nintendo's stock.

Nintendo - July 2008, stock at over 70
July 2012, stock at around 14

Sony - 2008 - 60ish
2012 - 11

Microsoft
2008 - 32
2012 - 26

Granted we're going through a recession so obviously most stocks will go by some margin.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#22Darth_ElusivePosted 1/11/2013 8:36:16 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Who cares about their stock? it can rise and fall and Wii U lack of any great game would still be the same. LOL

Don't be so mean to them. Nintendo fans need every positive Nintendo-related news to feel good about themselves and the console they own.

So, be nice. Next time when you come across any positive news ranging from Nintendo stock price rising to Nintendo's President Iwata hooking up with a hot chick at a dinner party, post it here. Nintendo fans will appreciate your good deed.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#23digiblasterPosted 1/11/2013 9:26:43 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
digiblaster posted...
TediousMatt posted...
digiblaster posted...
Also, if anybody mentions Microsoft or Sony shares in this thread I will hit you.

No need to mention Microsoft, the stock has been around the same for the past 5 years.
Up and Down around 5 or 6, but that's typically normal as no stock stays the same price forever

Sony - 2008 - 60ish
2012 - 11

Microsoft
2008 - 32
2012 - 26

Granted we're going through a recession so obviously most stocks will go by some margin.

The reason I said not to mention MS or Sony is that they aren't gaming only like Nintendo - they have many departments, and the performance of them all affects the prices.
#24wingo84Posted 1/11/2013 9:29:47 AM
Nintendoomed?
---
NNID - Wingo84
#25PaladinAlikPosted 1/11/2013 9:36:56 AM
PillyChickle posted...
Stock price - down to 12 dollars from 76 dollars five years ago.

What does that tell you about Nintendo investors and stock prices?

Stocks also split from time to time, and may have happened in Nintendo's case (but idunno)
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#26DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/11/2013 9:54:39 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
digiblaster posted...
TediousMatt posted...
digiblaster posted...

Sony - 2008 - 60ish
2012 - 11

Microsoft
2008 - 32
2012 - 26

Because Microsoft owns the home and business computer market. Microsoft Windows is essential to more than half the population in any healthy nation, purely for software support.
They may be trying to shoot themselves in the foot right now because Apple managed to convince it's own fanbrats that paying more for less is a good thing, but they'll be around for a long time to come.

On the other hand, Nintendo is 100% reliant on the videogame market for it's income, and Sony... Well, Sony is just doing pretty poorly, and can't keep hold of any market it's in right now. They're mostly an expensive brand-name alternative to more affordable, and often better-value goods, offering excellence in this or that feature to fill a niche in the market.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#27lt519Posted 1/11/2013 9:58:33 AM
PaladinAlik posted...
PillyChickle posted...
Stock price - down to 12 dollars from 76 dollars five years ago.

What does that tell you about Nintendo investors and stock prices?

Stocks also split from time to time, and may have happened in Nintendo's case (but idunno)

It didn't, I just checked for that. I'd say it was more of a bubble when the Wii got released. Consumer perception can drive a stock price up way past what it is worth.
#28elsmittyPosted 1/11/2013 10:06:00 AM
step one buy Nintendo stock
step two ?
step three profit!!!!!!
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
#29DTY3Posted 1/11/2013 10:08:45 AM
MichaeIPachter posted...
All this really means is gullible fanboys are being taken advantage of by smart investors.

Every day im starting to think this is actually Pachter, lol.

Talks just like him.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#30Reza1982Posted 1/11/2013 10:22:54 AM
Royce Gracie never lifted.
---
N3DS: 2191 7662 0237
NNID: D.Reza_Anaheim