Where can I buy an extra gamepad ?

#1BadboybubbiePosted 1/11/2013 3:01:47 PM
Can't find anywhere that sells them does anyone know where I can get one?
---
Psn bubbypop666
#2ZvolTxPosted 1/11/2013 3:02:45 PM
You can not buy them currently I believe.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#3DougyBPosted 1/11/2013 3:03:24 PM
Maybe ebay
---
b
#4NikraPosted 1/11/2013 3:06:30 PM(edited)
As far as I know you can't. Yet. But many online sites where I live have them as "they will come soon". But the price is about half the price of a new Premium Wii U.
#5GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/11/2013 4:25:19 PM
You wont need one. Nintendo themselves MAY make one or two games at the most that use 2 gamepads, but its doubtful given the huge performance hit the system takes when having to stream to 2 gamepads.

I'm sure fanboys here will call me a troll, but its common sense and its how its gonna go. Its the same situation as the 3DS's 3d mode killing performance and devs ignoring making games that make use of it because its not worth the performance hit.

This is pretty much the natural progression of the 2 gamepad crap:

Nintendo rushes system to market without thinking the gimmick through and only thinks of production cost > Fans get angry only one gamepad can be used > Nintendo bull****s and says 2 will be supported later > Nintendo probably makes one or two games using 2 pads with weak graphics because of the performance hit > 3rd party ignores 2 pads entirely because of the performance hit, they weren't really supporting the system seriously anyway so they sure as hell aren't gonna go THAT far and grind their fingers to the bone coding a game that supports 2 pads and is optimized enough to not run at 20fps or less > Thus no real demand for second gamepads > thus stores have no desire to stock them > thus nintendo would be losing money producing extra gamepads and nintendo does NOT do anything risky anymore and is very stingy

Given this logical chain, don't expect 2 gamepads to ever be supported, nor extra gamepads to be sold outside of maybe japan at best (and they're region locked so its moot). Its cheaper for nintendo to just offer replacement gamepads for broken ones by mailing your broken system in. No retailer is going to want to stock a controller no one is going to need and thus not even buy. Thats a no brainer, it might as well be shrink if they did (look up shrink im not gonna explain it)

Nintendo made the claim about 2 gamepad support to shut up people on the fence about that sole issue to get them to buy the system. Its a vaporware claim for the naive.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#6CranberryPSOPosted 1/11/2013 4:42:17 PM
You're forgetting something Game_X_Revival, his gamepad could have been lost, stolen, or damaged. He might need to buy a replacement for his original.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#7vidalmorazaPosted 1/11/2013 4:47:41 PM
CranberryPSO posted...
You're forgetting something Game_X_Revival, his gamepad could have been lost, stolen, or damaged. He might need to buy a replacement for his original.

Then just call Nintendo, if the TC ask like just go to a store and get one, no, he canīt, but if a game pad breaks or gets stolen, calling Nintendo is the only way....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#8DiscostewSMPosted 1/11/2013 4:51:21 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
You wont need one. Nintendo themselves MAY make one or two games at the most that use 2 gamepads, but its doubtful given the huge performance hit the system takes when having to stream to 2 gamepads.

It only affects the Gamepad's frames-per-second. The Wii U's performance remains unchanged, as it still does the same amount of processing per frame, as it only focuses on one GamePad per frame.

In theory, if 60 Gamepads were linked to a single Wii U, they'd go at 1 frame per second each, and if lined up from player 1 to player 60, you'd see a ripple effect every second.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#9GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/11/2013 4:57:03 PM
CranberryPSO posted...

Like I said, I think in that case Nintendo is just going to force people to mail away for a replacement or order direct from Nintendo online, like you would for a replacement part from a different company or something.

Gamers have already shown they're whipped wimps with the whole mailing back 360s over and over and not abandoning the platform instead. I know so many people that mailed their 360s back at least twice and put up with the wait and the hassle and inconvenience.

Nintendo won't have any problem following that lead and making it a pain in the ass. Hell, they made it inconvenient as hell to replace bricked systems so far. Good customer service would of been to allow people to exchange at the nearest gamestop and transfer the NNID. Nope, gotta mail it away and wait a month or longer.

I'm 99.99999999% sure that the 2nd gamepad implementation will either be for like ONE 1st party game and then be brushed under the rug, or it'll just never happen at all.

Fanboys and naive consumers seem to not understand the gamepad was seriously only implemented into the system by nintendo as their latest trojan horse gimmick to make people find it more interesting than it actually was on its own merits as hardware (the system I mean). They have no real intention of making meaningful use of it, its a gimmick to move hardware faster. Nintendos own 1st party launch games proved that well enough, none of them made use of the gamepad that actually properly legitimized its existence.

The gamepads just a hook, not something they are about to waste more money and time on like they would have to to sell secondary gamepads or games that would cost more than nintendo is willing to spend on development (just look at the crappy launch games, and even pokemon XY compared to the DQ7 3ds remake, they dont want to spend money on games with better production values).

Given the terribly barebones architecture that demands absolute optimization to even match 360/ps3 performance levels, I dont see any dev, even nintendo themselves, going through the painstaking task of developing a game with such tight code that it supports 2 gamepads and doesnt end up 25fps or less. Nintendo didnt even care enough to make sure they had real heavy hitter first party AAA software at launch, not even one game. Anyone that truly believed the 2nd gamepad support lie is dreaming
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#10GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/11/2013 5:01:21 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

It only affects the Gamepad's frames-per-second. The Wii U's performance remains unchanged, as it still does the same amount of processing per frame, as it only focuses on one GamePad per frame.

In theory, if 60 Gamepads were linked to a single Wii U, they'd go at 1 frame per second each, and if lined up from player 1 to player 60, you'd see a ripple effect every second.

All this says is that it just makes more sense to buy a pro controller since the gamepad screen will be so lagged that 2 player games would only have static images on the gamepad making it gimmick novelty use only in 2 player games.

Again, given that there's really no incentive for anyone to invest in the idea, on the consumer side or the developer side. Its just pointless.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie