I heard a rumor that you can use your 3DS as a Gamepad in the future?

#11rockyminPosted 1/11/2013 3:41:15 PM
Nikra posted...
I haven't. But why would you use a small screen over the Wii U gamepad???

Actually, the XL's screen isn't that much smaller than the gamepad's. You'd probably need that second stick add-on though.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#12NikraPosted 1/11/2013 3:43:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13NikraPosted 1/11/2013 3:48:34 PM
X2SB posted...
Paddle008 posted...
The GamePad comes with the Wii U.

Nikra posted...
X2SB posted...
Nikra posted...
I haven't. But why would you use a small screen over the Wii U gamepad???

I guess if it breaks? Or you already have a 3DS and want a Wii-u so you save money by not buying the pad?

I'll bet you that you will never be able to buy a Wii U where the Gamepad is optional.

craigslist? Some friend who doesn't want it anymore? Gamefaqs? Gamestop's refurbished ones?

I don't think that Gamestop or any one else serious stores would try and sell a Wii U without the gamepad. They would vulnerable themselves for a lawsuit.
#14EoinPosted 1/11/2013 3:51:17 PM
rockymin posted...
Actually, the XL's screen isn't that much smaller than the gamepad's.

Well, the bottom screen (the touchscreen) is 4.18 inches, versus 6.2 inches on the GamePad. That'd make the GamePad 2.2 times bigger - if they were the same aspect ratio. The potential need for black bars on the 3DS XL bottom screen to give it a 16:9 area would give the GamePad a further advantage.

The GamePad has a significant area advantage over even the larger upper screen on the 3DSXL - it's slightly over 50% bigger. That extra inch-and-a-bit counts for a lot more than it might seem.