Why did Nintendo release the Wii U so early when they had no games ready for it?

#1SolnotPosted 1/11/2013 7:04:32 PM
Nintendo Land is just another Wii Sports ripoff and New Super Mario Bros. U is a cheap cash-in on an already stale franchise. Nintendo should have waited until late 2013 to launch the Wii U when they actually developed better games for it. Like Pikmin 3, which should have been a Wii U launch title from the start.
#2DiscostewSMPosted 1/11/2013 7:06:17 PM
The Wii U had more launch games than both the 360 and PS3, so I don't see why this is a problem.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3ShadowSkill11Posted 1/11/2013 7:07:00 PM
There was plenty of games for it on release. The problem is is that most gamers already played them a year ago, better version existed, and the remaining games only appealed to the Nintendo faithful.
#4TheStarCorePosted 1/11/2013 7:07:41 PM
I've already got 11 games for it :/ Not sure why you're finding it so hard to find games
#5BuretsuPosted 1/11/2013 7:09:37 PM
Wii U launched with 29 games, more than were available at the launch of the PS3 or 360, plus neither of those systems got more than a couple of games within the first 3 months of release.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6StickMen1090Posted 1/11/2013 7:10:30 PM
Solnot posted...
Nintendo Land is just another Wii Sports ripoff and New Super Mario Bros. U is a cheap cash-in on an already stale franchise. Nintendo should have waited until late 2013 to launch the Wii U when they actually developed better games for it. Like Pikmin 3, which should have been a Wii U launch title from the start.

Nintendo land is a lot different then Wii sports.... NSMBU actually is a decent game with new additions ...

sounds like you dont even own this console
#7Banjo2553Posted 1/11/2013 7:16:22 PM(edited)
They wanted to give third party devs the chance to shine. Everyone knows that Nintendo's games outshine third party games simply due to how popular they are, and how stubborn a lot of the fanbase is with only playing Nintendo titles.

With Nintendo, if you're trying to get third parties on board, it's best to not scare them off by releasing with a handful of their best and most recognizable IPs.

They're going to come later anyway, so it's not like the WiiU's a waste of money if that's all you're looking to get. Also, Nintendo Land and NSMBU are much better than you're giving them credit for. Unless you've played them, then more power to you. It's just inaccurate to call Nintendo Land a Wii Sports ripoff.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#8PannerPosted 1/11/2013 7:25:50 PM(edited)
The WiiU had 24 launch titles ready for the consoles release. More than any other console in history.
They also plan to launch another 13 games in the first 3 months of 2013.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Nintendo) – January 11th
* Sing Party (Nintendo) – January 18th
* Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft) – January 24th
* Scribblenauts Unlimited (Nintendo) – February 8th
* Fist of the North Star -- February 8th
* NBA 2K13 (2K Games) – February 11th
* Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) – February 28th
* F1 Star Stars (Codemasters) – March 1st
* Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcon) – March
* The Croods: Prehistoric Party (Namco Bandai) – March
* Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega) – Q1 2013
* Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA) – Q1 2013
* LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo) – Early 2013

Please tell me how this is having no games.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#9Beatperson14Posted 1/11/2013 7:25:16 PM
Nintendo doesn't love us anymore
#10ShadowSkill11Posted 1/11/2013 7:32:30 PM
Panner posted...
The WiiU had 24 launch titles ready for the consoles release. More than any other console in history.
They also plan to launch another 13 games in the first 3 months of 2013.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Nintendo) – January 11th
* Sing Party (Nintendo) – January 18th
* Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft) – January 24th
* Scribblenauts Unlimited (Nintendo) – February 8th
* Fist of the North Star -- February 8th
* NBA 2K13 (2K Games) – February 11th
* Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) – February 28th
* F1 Star Stars (Codemasters) – March 1st
* Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcon) – March
* The Croods: Prehistoric Party (Namco Bandai) – March
* Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega) – Q1 2013
* Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA) – Q1 2013
* LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo) – Early 2013

Please tell me how this is having no games.

Like the Wii it has games. It just doesn't have very good games.