What were your opinions on Bayonetta before the sequel was announced?

#21KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:14:32 AM
Poopcorn13 posted...
BirdGas posted...
Platinum has done nothing but makes games that I like, and every release cemented that more. When Bayonetta came out, I was elated, and absolutely loved the game. Since then, I've been madly anticipating every one of their releases. Loved Vanquish as well, and am currently going nuts playing Anarchy Reigns. So, Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U game is just about as fantastic an announcement as I could ever hope to get.

All of this.

I agree. Except I suuuuck at Anarchy Reigns so I no like it D:
#22StarBladeEdgePosted 1/12/2013 3:22:23 AM
to many cutscenes and to many boss battles. they should change that in 2.
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#23KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:24:30 AM(edited)
StarBladeEdge posted...

That's the worst opinion ever.
#24StarBladeEdgePosted 1/12/2013 3:31:11 AM(edited)
KroganBallEater posted...
StarBladeEdge posted...

That's the worst opinion ever.

and why is that ? the game had to many cutscenes , you fight 2 battles ( cs ) 3 battles ( cs) 1 battle ( cs) boss ( cs) boss (cs ) 1 battle ( cs ) boss , 2 battles ( cs ) ( cs) boss ( cs) 3 battles , boss ( cs)

thats the flow of the first game. better play the first one again ( if you ever played it in the first place ).

you can eat as many krogan balls as you like but thats the flow of the first game : O
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#25SocranPosted 1/12/2013 3:40:54 AM(edited)
When I first heard about it at E3 - "...Did that guy seriously just imply that he designed Bayonetta entirely off of his fetishes? Ugh. I'll be avoiding this like the plague."

When I heard the sequel was coming to Wii U - "Ugh, a sequel to that game where the developer was lusting over his own character? Well, at least they can't call it a casual game."

When I heard Tameem say that the old Dante was a horrible character and DmC would be the first time a game ever had a good story - "...Wow. I owe Bayonetta Guy an apology."

When I played Bayonetta - "Holy crap, that was actually a good game. ...If you pretend it wasn't genuinely trying to be sexy."
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#26SL68Posted 1/12/2013 3:41:49 AM
I'm not really fond of the free camera third person action title (except in Kid Icarus: Uprising where the camera is fast enough to cope with the action). I see Bayonetta, GoW and Ninja Gaiden as the same kind of game - fast flashy action, but without the level of control you have in games like God Hand where the camera is behind you at all times.

I didn't buy Ninja Gaiden, and I'm not sure I'll get Bayonetta 2 either. I never liked the DMC games because of the camera.
#27Metal_MercenaryPosted 1/12/2013 7:46:15 AM
One of my favourite games this generation. The boss battles are by far the best part of the game.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#28jmichaelbpPosted 1/12/2013 7:48:28 AM
It was an awesome game, if you played it on the 360.
The PS3 version......
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#29Xcalibur02Posted 1/12/2013 7:56:13 AM(edited)
OP is such an obvious deflection, it's not even funny.

Before Bayonetta 2, all I ever heard about Bayonetta was that it was a masterpiece if an action that needed more attention.

Ever since Bayonetta 2 got announced as a WII U exclusive, now it suddenly sucks. Bull-f***ing-****!!!!

You want to know how I know that's a load of crap? If Bayonetta truly wasn't worth a damn, there wouldn't have been so much butthurt about it being a WII U when it got announced.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#30Prince ShondronaiPosted 1/12/2013 7:58:11 AM
Played it on 360. Could have used more exploration and puzzle-solving, but the action was fluid and fun, the characters were interesting, and the music was great.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.