So Ken's Rage 2 is download only on Wii U

#1SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/11/2013 9:20:08 PM
It is coming Feb 5 along with the other version but.....

In a press release this morning, Tecmo Koei announced that the brawler based on the classic manga would not be getting a disc-based release when it hits the Wii U in February. The Wii U version of the game came in late in the development of "Ken's Rage 2," although to what extent this impacted the plans for a disc release, it remains unclear, however the 360 and PS3 versions will receive normal retail releases.

source - http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/01/11/fist-of-the-north-2-kens-rage-2-will-be-download-only-for-the-wii-u
#2DTY3Posted 1/11/2013 9:20:49 PM
So theyll actually make money off it? cool lol
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#3IcedEarthaholicPosted 1/11/2013 9:28:49 PM
Not from me they won't, congrads Koei, you just lost a sale. Dumbasses.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#4GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/11/2013 9:31:49 PM
>Forcing mandatory download only format on the ONLY console with a tiny ass hard drive

Good work Koei, and big ups to Nintendo for not telling them to publish it on disc as well. They just ensured that no white consoles with the EXTRA tiny hard drives will be buying this game

Stupid business decisions seems to be the most popular trend in gaming today, goddamn lol
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#5HughJorgennPosted 1/11/2013 9:33:31 PM
Wasnt the first one junk?
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 1/11/2013 9:34:00 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
>Forcing mandatory download only format on the ONLY console with a tiny ass hard drive

>>>Implying people are too stupid to buy a HDD in this day and age. And considering that the Basic is not selling as well as the Deluxe, I'm pretty sure the people who have the Basic package already thought about the space and how to deal with it. Fail...
#7silverbulltPosted 1/11/2013 9:35:00 PM
HAH

Looks like the Wii U will be the first out the gate with the no-used games policy.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#8BuretsuPosted 1/11/2013 9:35:44 PM
But Xeeh_Bitz says that digital is the future, and in 10 years, physical copies won't exist. Why is everyone getting so angry?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9AhnoldDoodPosted 1/11/2013 9:37:11 PM
silverbullt posted...
HAH

Looks like the Wii U will be the first out the gate with the no-used games policy.

Because digital downloads = anti used games? And developers choice is a policy?

I guess the PS3 and 360 already beat the Wii U then, since One Piece: Pirate Warriors is digital download only in America. Americans hate used games confirmed?
#10zetsuclonePosted 1/11/2013 9:39:16 PM(edited)
I guess they see the game selling more on ps/360 since it is multiplat, and has the same/worser graphics as the other consoles. there's really no reason for disc release with such small install base.
---
I can transform