So I got a Wii-U for Christmas... but no games.

#1Magnificent_11Posted 1/11/2013 9:45:39 PM
Still haven't opened the box.

Anyone recommend something I can play with this system? Anything good out? Should I return it (have gift receipt)?

Last great game I've played is Dishonored. Last Nintendo game I've played was maybe Zelda Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. In fact the Gamecube was my last Nintendo console before this.
#2HELZEROPosted 1/11/2013 9:47:36 PM
Just wait a few years. Im sure there will be some games
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 1/11/2013 9:48:04 PM
Don't you think it was a better idea in hindsight to ask the sender for a game along with a $300 console? I mean, yeah, you have all the time in the world to get a game, but all I'm saying is, the wait would be worth it if you actually knew what you were going to do on your new Wii U.
#4ZvolTxPosted 1/11/2013 9:48:10 PM
Do what you want.. Look up a games list and see if anything interests you, and look up to see upcoming games (not the list on GFaqs, it isn't complete at ALL). If nothing appeals to you, return it and then if something does appeal to you later, you can just get one again.

Dishonored was an excellent game, by the way.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#5SocranPosted 1/11/2013 9:57:21 PM(edited)
Was it the basic or deluxe version? If the latter, it should have come with Nintendo Land inside the box that you haven't opened yet. If not... Maybe look into getting Nintendo Land? It's surprisingly more fun than you'd think, especially if you expect other people to want to play with you often. Or, if you can get a full refund, return the system and exchange it for a deluxe model, which is $50 more but comes with the $60 Nintendo Land along with a 32GB hard drive (instead of 8GB), plus a discount-ish thing involving digital purchases (and other miscellaneous stuff). I'm sure whoever gifted you the system wouldn't be offended since you are still playing a Wii U as a direct result of them buying you one.

Also, New Super Mario Bros. U is a pretty fun game if you like platformers.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6MathewMansonPosted 1/11/2013 10:11:27 PM
Tell us what kind of game you're looking for.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#7ssbmrocksPosted 1/11/2013 10:23:13 PM
If there are no current Wii U games that interest you (which would be understandable, the console did just come out after all), there is a HUGE library of awesome Wii games you could look into, seeing as you haven't played any of them.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#8MordecaiRocksPosted 1/12/2013 8:23:44 AM
Wii U:
NSMBU
ZombiU
Nano Assault Neo(downloadable)

Wii:
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2
Zelda Skyward Sword
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime Trilogy
---
You know who else has the best tacos in town? My mom!
3DS FC: 1203- 9386- 4415 NNID: Shadow9000
#9NiftyManZPosted 1/12/2013 8:31:24 AM
You have the entire wii library. And a handful if great games for the wiiu.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#10PerfectAkumaPosted 1/12/2013 9:14:04 AM
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
ZombiU
Assassin's Creed 3 (if you don't have it on other platforms)
Darksiders II (if you don't have it on other platforms)
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (if you don't have the original version on other platforms)
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Scribblenauts Unlimited
---
My Streetpass ID http://passid.ca/ss929 StreetpassNYC Group http://facebook.com/streetpassnyc