Perhaps it's a good thing we don't have a level editor for 2D Mario games ...

#21FoppePosted 1/12/2013 3:08:53 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Z_Tous posted...
OH NO! Some one could make a hard level!.... User generated content is always a bonus there really is no argument against it.

Well, except for the fact that almost every single piece of UGC ever made for any game sucks balls. That's an argument against it, and a very good one.

SKyrim alone got UGC that's better than the official DLC and we have a lot of bugfixes that Bethesda will never fix.
Remember how Counterstrike, DotA and DayZ started? UGC.
It exist tons of great UGC.
You are however correct, for every great UGC, it exist 1000 crappy UGC.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#22LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 3:12:18 AM
Foppe posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Z_Tous posted...
OH NO! Some one could make a hard level!.... User generated content is always a bonus there really is no argument against it.

Well, except for the fact that almost every single piece of UGC ever made for any game sucks balls. That's an argument against it, and a very good one.

SKyrim alone got UGC that's better than the official DLC and we have a lot of bugfixes that Bethesda will never fix.

For every good Wii game, there are 1000 crappy shovelware titles. Now ask him if he bought a Wii nonetheless. Nintendouble standards. Hahahahaha.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#23domranguayPosted 1/12/2013 3:17:57 AM
Linetrix posted...
domranguay posted...But 99% of LBP levels are absolute crap.

Prove it. Give me the source that confirms that.

Load the game up (assuming you actually have it) and pick the "Lucky Dip" option in the community levels. How many good levels did you get?

Many of them are just empty levels put up for the "publish a level" trophy or H4H/P4P levels...

And many of them are awesome levels that aren't even platformers. Your point?

My point is that although there are many thousands of great levels there somewhere, there are millions of levels and the vast majority of them are crap. Pretty much every game with user generated content has and will always have this problem.
#24FoppePosted 1/12/2013 3:18:13 AM
Seeing that Wii doesn't even have 2000 retail disc games, what is the only good Wii game?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#25LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 3:34:17 AM
domranguay posted...
Linetrix posted...
domranguay posted...But 99% of LBP levels are absolute crap.

Prove it. Give me the source that confirms that.

Load the game up (assuming you actually have it) and pick the "Lucky Dip" option in the community levels. How many good levels did you get?

Load the game up (I know you never played it, but whatever) and pick "Mm Picks" option. How many SUPERBLY FANTASTIC levels did you get?

Hint: I asked for proof that 99% of the games are garbage. You gave me nothing. You shouldn't let me refute you that easily. It is not fun. =(

And many of them are awesome levels that aren't even platformers. Your point?

My point is that although there are many thousands of great levels there somewhere, there are millions of levels and the vast majority of them are crap. Pretty much every game with user generated content has and will always have this problem.

Because you are forced to play those levels. I told you not to let me own you that easily. Come on man.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#26LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 3:36:08 AM
Foppe posted...
Seeing that Wii doesn't even have 2000 retail disc games, what is the only good Wii game?

Resident Evil 4.
---
#27darkjedilinkPosted 1/12/2013 3:36:41 AM
Foppe posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Z_Tous posted...

I'm well aware of the fact that good UGC exists.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#28STE573Posted 1/12/2013 3:43:21 AM
So one if the components of your argument is to not have a level editor to encourage you to buy more Mario games. TC do you work for Nintendo or are you just an idiot?
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#29LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 3:47:34 AM(edited)
^
I don't see why he can't be both. I mean, it were obviously Nintendo employees that made the Wii U and Skyward Sword.
---
#30AsellusPosted 1/12/2013 3:50:29 AM

So you include some sort of rating system to make it easier to find the good stuff and help people avoid the bad. Problem solved, no?