Will I even be able to buy a Wii U or other games in the future

#41FoppePosted 1/12/2013 6:31:56 AM
Guns don't kill, people do.
Thereby we have to remove every human from the planet.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#42Reginleif20Posted 1/12/2013 6:41:28 AM
Foppe posted...
Guns don't kill, people do.
Thereby we have to remove every human from the planet.

Or just lessen the options for killing. People will have a much harder time killing with guns if it's hard to even get your hands on one
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#43NorwegianWinterPosted 1/12/2013 6:45:21 AM
Do we have Piers Morgan in here debating or something? Seems like these guys mostly focus on numbers and body counts. The UK has some of the most strict gun control laws in the world, and sure they're gun crime is low compared to the US, but they're violent crime in general has sky rocketed since guns were banned after 97 or so.
The EU has ranked it the most violent country in the entire EU, which I'm pretty sure makes it very compared to the United States.
Since all this gun-buying frenzy California's crime has apparently dropped 28% while the people there are buying more guns than ever before.

It isn't really plausible to compare the US to the far more strict Europe on gun-related deaths, and especially the UK since American gun owners outnumber the British population by an estimated 20 to 30 million alone and our culture differs quite a bit in a lot of areas.
And for the people that refer to any AR15 or AK as an "assault weapon" or "machine gun" ,as I've already seen, is ridiculous. "Assault rifle/weapon" is a false, fear-instilling term used by the media and government to manipulate how people view those firearms. Assault rifles and other automatic weapons have been banned for years and make up a very small portion of guns owned in the US (about 600,000). You can own them, but you have to go through all kinds of crap with the federal government and local law enforcement to be authorized. A true assault file has never been used in a crime except maybe once or twice and that was buy police officers, but I can't remember the particulars.

So, no, guns are not the problem, people are the problem and it couldn't any more clear. There is a lot they can do with background checks and screening and other laws WAY before they ever ban a single gun, which will NOT solve the problem anyways. Chicago had over 500 gun homicides last year apparently and it has the most strict gun laws in the country. Hasn't worked there and it won't work else where.
Strict gun laws take guns out of the hands of honest, law-abiding citizens and strips them of the ability to protect themselves. Criminals don't care about gun laws to begin with so they sure the hell aren't going to care about even more restrictive laws, they'll just go on praying on the disarmed victims.
#44NorwegianWinterPosted 1/12/2013 6:47:02 AM
I only just rolled out of bed and haven't put my contacts in yet so I apologize for the errors in the message.
#45kyncaniPosted 1/12/2013 9:09:46 AM
Nikra posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Nikra posted...
Thank god that I'm not living in the US. Not because of the school shootings. But because that's not an issue over here (in PAL Land). LOL

Yep, cuz Europe's never had any gun violence at any point in it's history. As a matter of fact, Europe's never had any sort of violence at all! Clearly, the most peaceful land in all Creation, and has been since the beginning of time!

Ah, sarcasm. lol. Well at least we don't have a gun crazy organization like NRA which have way to much to say in US politics. An organization which claim that the more weapons the better. LMFAO
The response from NRA regarding the school shootings was: Lets arm the teachers. WHAT PLANET ARE THEY FROM? I would never send my kids in a school where the teachers where carrying guns.

Kids should have the right to protect themselves.
Let's arm the kids !
#46IRELANDforeverPosted 1/12/2013 8:41:43 PM
I live in New York and out of the hundreds of people I can say I truly know pretty well
(friends, family, co-workers, former classmates, etc..etc..etc..) I only know 3 people who actually own guns.

Don't believe what the BBC or Al-Jazeera tell you. Guns are not rampant in the United States. There are no gun toting yahoos roaming the streets. I mean maybe in Alabama and West Virginia there are a few, but in general It's pretty mild.

Don't confuse the "right to bare arms" with everyone actually running around wielding them. You will seem ignorant
---
Facebook is the enemy. Many of you will not understand this.......but in time.....you will
R.I.P. Adam "MCA" Yauch - May 4, 2012
#47Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/12/2013 8:44:36 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Nikra posted...
Thank god that I'm not living in the US. Not because of the school shootings. But because that's not an issue over here (in PAL Land). LOL

Yep, cuz Europe's never had any gun violence at any point in it's history. As a matter of fact, Europe's never had any sort of violence at all! Clearly, the most peaceful land in all Creation, and has been since the beginning of time!

Violent games are no issue there. Too busy rioting and burning down half their cities from being broke :(
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon