Console Launch sales, for a little perspective

#11Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:39:03 AM(edited)
CrimzonHead posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65103052

Europe is a small market for video game sales. The North American market and Japanese markets are the most important markets for video games. Plus, we're talking about OVERALL sales, not select sales to a single market.
#12Wiiplayer111Posted 1/12/2013 9:35:00 AM
Sharky8 posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
And has an above average launch library.

hahaha! I love Nintendo, but unfortunately no on this point.

Hopefully Pikmin 3, Mario Kart Wii U, a Zelda game, and more will be available within the 18 month window. But right now, the selection of games is pretty poor.

I didn't mean in terms of quality, that goes person to person. But size. Launched with 30 games. Has even more now and keeps growing.

If you look at past launches they were never this big. Some launches were lucky if they had six games.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#13LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 9:35:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14ElGadoPosted 1/12/2013 9:42:14 AM(edited)
Sharky, you are just wishing too hard at this point. Your dreams will be crushed soon enough though, enjoy them while they last.
#15Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:39:50 AM
Wait, I see another ignored user has posted in this thread. Is it Kirbyfan? Is it ElGado? Who might it be. I guess I will never know...
#16StickMen1090Posted 1/12/2013 9:41:04 AM
Sharky8 posted...
Wait, I see another ignored user has posted in this thread. Is it Kirbyfan? Is it ElGado? Who might it be. I guess I will never know...

its linetrix he is just going on his childish rants again
#17StealthlysPosted 1/12/2013 9:43:10 AM
StickMen1090 posted...
Sharky8 posted...

its linetrix he is just going on his childish rants again
#18fhsfootball74Posted 1/12/2013 9:45:07 AM
Linetrix posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Linetrix posted...
That's the number of Wii Us shipped. Not sold. Dey see me spinning, dey hatin...

All sales figures for all video games, all consoles, all cans of soda, all bags of chips, is ALWAYS based on units shipped. Once a unit is "shipped" to a store it has been "sold" because the store has bought it. Thus, it's units sold.

That's how it works for ALL video games and most other products you buy at the store.

Yeah, and what do you think stores will do once they realize all those units they bought aren't selling? ROFLMAO. Just accept the fact that the Wii U is a failure.

A store does not buy more Wii U's unless there is a demand for more. I.E. selling out or at least selling down.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#19LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 9:47:35 AM
fhsfootball74 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Linetrix posted...
That's the number of Wii Us shipped. Not sold. Dey see me spinning, dey hatin...

All sales figures for all video games, all consoles, all cans of soda, all bags of chips, is ALWAYS based on units shipped. Once a unit is "shipped" to a store it has been "sold" because the store has bought it. Thus, it's units sold.

That's how it works for ALL video games and most other products you buy at the store.

Yeah, and what do you think stores will do once they realize all those units they bought aren't selling? ROFLMAO. Just accept the fact that the Wii U is a failure.

A store does not buy more Wii U's unless there is a demand for more. I.E. selling out or at least selling down.

Vita says hi! [2]

Hahahahaha.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#20Wiiplayer111Posted 1/12/2013 9:49:16 AM
Linetrix posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Linetrix posted...

Vita says hi! [2]

Hahahahaha.

Actually. Gamestop carries 3 Vitas and Wal-Mart carries 2. All the other systems have at least 7. So at least in my area your theory is pretty bunk.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com