Console Launch sales, for a little perspective

#21fhsfootball74Posted 1/12/2013 9:49:27 AM
I'll make it easy for you. I used to manage a produce department. When ordering your next truck say you need green peppers. Lets say you've sold two cases of green peppers in two days since your last truck. Lets say the truck you are ordering for will have to last you another two days.

Those two days are not a holiday or a weekend (when sales are generally up) so it is safe to assume that you can reorder 2-3 cases of green peppers to get you through until your next truck. You DO NOT order 5-6 cases of green peppers unless you are expecting to sell that many.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#22LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 9:54:10 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Actually. Gamestop carries 3 Vitas and Wal-Mart carries 2. All the other systems have at least 7. So at least in my area your theory is pretty bunk.

Which part of this discussion about launch sales figures you couldn't grasp, child? I know you were too young to remember the Vita shipping huge amounts even though it wasn't selling, but that's what happened.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#23Wiiplayer111Posted 1/12/2013 9:55:56 AM
Linetrix posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Actually. Gamestop carries 3 Vitas and Wal-Mart carries 2. All the other systems have at least 7. So at least in my area your theory is pretty bunk.

Which part of this discussion about launch sales figures you couldn't grasp, child? I know you were too young to remember the Vita shipping huge amounts even though it wasn't selling, but that's what happened.

Yeah it shipped huge amounts. Then people realized no one wanted it. Then it began shipping less.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#24LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 9:56:55 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...

Yeah it shipped huge amounts. Then people realized no one wanted it. Then it began shipping less.

Indeed. That's already happening to the Wii U.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#25Wiiplayer111Posted 1/12/2013 9:59:09 AM
Linetrix posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...

No.
---
didyouknowgaming.com
#26LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 10:04:32 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...

No.

NPD numbers would like a word with you.
---
#27fhsfootball74Posted 1/12/2013 10:05:16 AM
I'll make it easy for you. I used to manage a produce department. When ordering your next truck say you need green peppers. Lets say you've sold two cases of green peppers in two days since your last truck. Lets say the truck you are ordering for will have to last you another two days.

Those two days are not a holiday or a weekend (when sales are generally up) so it is safe to assume that you can reorder 2-3 cases of green peppers to get you through until your next truck. You DO NOT order 5-6 cases of green peppers unless you are expecting to sell that many.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#28Wiiplayer111Posted 1/12/2013 10:06:38 AM
Linetrix posted...

Let me refer you to TC's first post.
---
didyouknowgaming.com
#29LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 10:07:13 AM
trollfootball, you were already refuted with a real life example, son. You're just embarrassing yourself now. I advise you to stop trying to make people laugh at you with that silly peppers analogy.
---
#30LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 10:08:39 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Linetrix posted...

Let me refer you to TC's first post.

You mean the one with the link that is talking about the Wii? What about it?
---