stop assuming the WiiU will recover like the 3DS

#41StealthlysPosted 1/12/2013 9:50:14 AM
*grabs popcorn*
#42fhsfootball74Posted 1/12/2013 9:50:48 AM
I'll make it easy for you. I used to manage a produce department. When ordering your next truck say you need green peppers. Lets say you've sold two cases of green peppers in two days since your last truck. Lets say the truck you are ordering for will have to last you another two days.

Those two days are not a holiday or a weekend (when sales are generally up) so it is safe to assume that you can reorder 2-3 cases of green peppers to get you through until your next truck. You DO NOT order 5-6 cases of green peppers unless you are expecting to sell that many.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#43LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 9:51:28 AM
300 million dollars made in revenue.
Stock rose about 4 percent.

Awesome!! Where can I buy those games? Wait...

Half a million consoles sold in Japan in less than a month.

What? Only half a million in real life Nintendoland?? Hahahahaha, and how can we forget NPD numbers showing the sales plummeting after launch? Even Japan doesn't want that thing.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#44KouramaPosted 1/12/2013 9:52:26 AM
Linetrix posted...
Kourama posted...
Ship is a sale for Nintendo. The retailer orders the merchandise from Nintendo due to demand, Nintendo sells and ships the merchandise to the retailer, then the retailer marks up the price and sells to the public. Thats how it works for any product.

I don't care if you want to rile up Nintendo fan boys but don't spout false information.

It doesn't matter if it's a sale for Nintendo. If stores aren't selling Wii Us (which they aren't) then they won't buy more Wii Us from Nintendo. It doesn't really mean "sold" if a unit is gathering dust in a store.

Nintendo makes money from the sale to the store. If it doesn't sell at the store, then yes there is less demand. Even so, the Wii U needs to be out a few more months to assess if it's going to be a failure or not.
#45CranberryPSOPosted 1/12/2013 9:52:51 AM
Your post is totally giving me a craving for Green Pepper pizza.

fhsfootball74 posted...
I'll make it easy for you. I used to manage a produce department. When ordering your next truck say you need green peppers. Lets say you've sold two cases of green peppers in two days since your last truck. Lets say the truck you are ordering for will have to last you another two days.

Those two days are not a holiday or a weekend (when sales are generally up) so it is safe to assume that you can reorder 2-3 cases of green peppers to get you through until your next truck. You DO NOT order 5-6 cases of green peppers unless you are expecting to sell that many.

---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#46HeaderHogPosted 1/12/2013 9:53:19 AM
So, either way Linetrix, whether or not they are actual sales or just shipments, right now you're just acting like a little kid sticking his fingers in his ears yelling "LALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" to an adult telling him there is no Santa Claus.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#47HeaderHogPosted 1/12/2013 9:58:54 AM
Linetrix posted...
300 million dollars made in revenue.
Stock rose about 4 percent.

Half a million consoles sold in Japan in less than a month.

What? Only half a million in real life Nintendoland?? Hahahahaha, and how can we forget NPD numbers showing the sales plummeting after launch? Even Japan doesn't want that thing.

Less than a month.
Like, January 1st to right now, probably even less time.
And more than half a million, mind you.
More than 600,000.

Typical resorting to other topics, I see?
You never change.
Revenue is revenue, whether it be from Wii U or the games.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#48fhsfootball74Posted 1/12/2013 9:59:52 AM

---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#49GoombaXPosted 1/12/2013 10:01:33 AM
LMAO at how hard Linetrix is trying.
You shouldnt try an use sales as a tool to troll when the sales are good.
wanna pull that crap go to the vita board.
kids these days
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#50LinetrixPosted 1/12/2013 10:02:05 AM
HeaderHog posted...
Less than a month.
Like, January 1st to right now, probably even less time.
And more than half a million, mind you.
More than 600,000.

Only that in real life Nintendoland? Damn, no wonder even the Vita is outselling it in other regions of the globe.

Typical resorting to other topics, I see?
You never change.
Revenue is revenue, whether it be from Wii U or the games.

Great!! And what exactly gamers and 3rd parties will do with the revenue Nintendo makes? We all know Scrooge McNintendo likes to sit on a mountain of money without doing anything with it.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation