stop assuming the WiiU will recover like the 3DS

#91GoombaXPosted 1/12/2013 10:58:55 AM
Illuminoius posted...
gommbax

NEW CHALLENGER
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#92darkjedilinkPosted 1/12/2013 11:01:51 AM
In what way does Wii U need to recover? It's almost sold 3 million units.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#93HeaderHogPosted 1/12/2013 11:03:39 AM
Linetrix posted...
HeaderHog posted...
Less than a month.
Like, January 1st to right now, probably even less time.
And more than half a million, mind you.
More than 600,000.

Only that in real life Nintendoland? Damn, no wonder even the Vita is outselling it in other regions of the globe.

Awesome!! Where can I buy those games? Wait...

Typical resorting to other topics, I see?
You never change.
Revenue is revenue, whether it be from Wii U or the games.

Great!! And what exactly gamers and 3rd parties will do with the revenue Nintendo makes? We all know Scrooge McNintendo likes to sit on a mountain of money without doing anything with it.

Well, gamers give money for games and the Wii U,Nintendo has funds to make a new game and console, and then gamers buy them.

Also, the only thing selling at all in Europe is the Vita.
Probably because nobody had one for the past year while it was available.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#94HeaderHogPosted 1/12/2013 11:15:08 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Especially since it has already sold 2.5 million units in less than 2 months.

See this topic for further discussion: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65160998

See, it's hard to compare that 2.5 million to previous console sales because they were out of stock(I'm referring to major consoles that didn't fail, ie Dreamcast, TG16, Jaguar, etc) majority of the time with limited shipments.

2.5 Million consoles sold out of a previous consumer base of roughly 100 million from it's previous console is kind of sour, especially since it's easily in stock and has been after 2-3 days of launch.

Xeeh_Bitz, I am happy to see you.
At least with you I can go against a logical arguement instead of Linetrix's four-year-old self-convinced drivel.
Anyway, people probably haven't gotten onto the Wii U because they are either waiting for a price drop or a killer app.
Although it definitely isn't an insta-hit like the Wii was.
---
#95Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/12/2013 11:18:05 AM
LuigisBro posted...
there's 3 major differences, profit, competition & 3rd party support

And those three things the 3DS didn't have much of at the start. Now look at it. And the Wii U has more 3rd party support than the 3DS did when it started. The 3DS opened up to more people after one or two firmware updates, and I'm sure the Wii U will too after a couple.

The profit wont come until it beats the other two. It currently has more 3rd party support than the 3DS had when it started, and it's currently on equal ground with the competition, sd things are relatively okay for now.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#96RazumPosted 1/12/2013 11:20:32 AM
I will never understand these kind of topics.

If you enjoy "AAA" games and nothing else (CoD, AC3, GoW, RE6, Skyrim, etc), you get an Xbox ("AAA" games tend to start on Xbox and get ported to PS3, makes sense).

If you enjoy a wide range of games you get a PS3 AND a Wii/Wii-U. PS3 covers all the multiplats that are also on Xbox while simultaneously giving you the Sony exclusives, while the Nintendo system gives you access to a HUGE library of exclusive titles (that are generally overlooked admittedly).

If you are too much of a fanboy to get multiple systems, then you are cutting yourself off from a large library of fantastic games for no reason other then to be a fanboy.

A little more on topic, the Wii-U already has some solid revenue generated, and that's with almost nothing announced for it yet. Personally, I've had a blast with it and have Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 to look forward to in a couple of months. Add to that, E3/Nintendo Direct will likely announce a solid chunk of great games for it, and I'm pretty confident it'll do just fine.
---
UMvC 3 Team:
Hagger/P.Wright/Spencer
#97HeaderHogPosted 1/12/2013 11:23:46 AM
Linetrix posted...
I should and I AM mad that I won't get "Huge Open And Empty World To Artificially Extend Playtime: Link's Snoring", "Rehashed Mario Bros", "Niche Game No One Cares About" and other awesome shovelware titles.

=(

So, you like driving series names down into derogatory terms, eh?
Let me try it out.

"ModNationAllThatPeopleDoHereIsMakeTracksWithSpiralsRacersDriftDown"
"LessThanThousandPlayersOnlineBigPlanet"
"Humanoid Alien That Shoots Oversized Weapons At People &
His Weak Robot Sidekick"
"Niche Game That No One Cares About"
"Annoying Generic Platformer About Monkeys"
"Bad Indiana Jones Rip-Off"
"EyeGimmick"

Shall I go on?
---
#98AwesomeMarioPosted 1/12/2013 11:24:40 AM
fail topic
---
Friend Codes,NN and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 16
#99HeaderHogPosted 1/12/2013 11:25:26 AM
Razum posted...
I will never understand these kind of topics.

If you enjoy "AAA" games and nothing else (CoD, AC3, GoW, RE6, Skyrim, etc), you get an Xbox ("AAA" games tend to start on Xbox and get ported to PS3, makes sense).

If you enjoy a wide range of games you get a PS3 AND a Wii/Wii-U. PS3 covers all the multiplats that are also on Xbox while simultaneously giving you the Sony exclusives, while the Nintendo system gives you access to a HUGE library of exclusive titles (that are generally overlooked admittedly).

If you are too much of a fanboy to get multiple systems, then you are cutting yourself off from a large library of fantastic games for no reason other then to be a fanboy.

A little more on topic, the Wii-U already has some solid revenue generated, and that's with almost nothing announced for it yet. Personally, I've had a blast with it and have Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 to look forward to in a couple of months. Add to that, E3/Nintendo Direct will likely announce a solid chunk of great games for it, and I'm pretty confident it'll do just fine.

Exactly.
I realized this, so I got a Wii U AND a PS3.
I just hate people who only have a PS3 and act superior to everybody.
---
#100linuxuser2006Posted 1/12/2013 11:59:00 AM
Pinoy441 posted...
The current console trend is this

SNES > Genesis
PS2 > Xbox/Gamecube
Wii> 360/PS3

AKA the least powerful have been the ones that win the console generation

That makes sense because the less powerful system tends to be the one with the lowest cost, and the best value.
---
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken