Erm, i want to play some music on my wii u

#11GloryChaosPosted 1/12/2013 12:55:12 PM
Set up your WiiU to access your computer via the Internet (cloud sharing websites work if you don't know how to do this.)

Convert the music you want to play to .ogg format. That's all it supports (music wise).

Play your music on the WiiU via the Internet browser.

Take a sledgehammer and smash your wiiU. Take pictures.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#12shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 12:56:46 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
THIS.SYSTEM.CANNOT.PLAY.MUSIC.???

PS1 PLAYED MUSIC
SATURN PLAYED MUSIC
DREAMCAST PLAYED MUSIC

you people are not serious? i just tried the zelda cd that came with skyward sword, does not work? do i have to put it on a pen?

Those were really sad in how they played music (Well at least the PSone was but I assume the others did the same thing too). Hell if anything I'm more surprised you don't bring up the 360 that can play/store music and allow for music to play during games.

But if you just want to listen to music alone without playing a game why don't you have an MP3 or something?

i've never tried a cd before so i thought id give the zelda symphony a spin and see if i could use the miiverse at the same time .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#13shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 12:58:01 PM
Buretsu posted...
shaunme posted...

PS1 PLAYED MUSIC
SATURN PLAYED MUSIC
DREAMCAST PLAYED MUSIC

you people are not serious? i just tried the zelda cd that came with skyward sword, does not work? do i have to put it on a pen?

> Spends $350 on a Wii U at launch
> Can't afford a $10 CD Player for music

the absolute worst NDF the board has ever seen, defending missing features, only on nintendo.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#14zetsuclonePosted 1/12/2013 12:58:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15Baha05Posted 1/12/2013 12:58:42 PM
shaunme posted...
i've never tried a cd before so i thought id give the zelda symphony a spin and see if i could use the miiverse at the same time .

Wait you never tried a CD on the system or you never tried a cd in your life...?
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#16geneticsftwPosted 1/12/2013 12:59:02 PM
I once tried playing a BD on my 360.
---
Sweet
#17GloryChaosPosted 1/12/2013 1:01:28 PM
zetsuclone posted...
350 dollars and u cant even play your own music? Nintendo suuuuuuucks let me guess no videos, pics either?

It can do pics via the wii channel (don't know about USB drives).

As for videos it can't play DVDs/blu ray. It can play mp4 videos (and some Mkv files) through the Internet browser. So you can play your videos by having your wii access your computer via internet.

I'm trying to cut out the middle man and just hook my computer up to the tv via hdmi but I'm having trouble with that...
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#18shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 1:01:43 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Wait you never tried a CD on the system or you never tried a cd in your life...?

a cd in the system silly .
---
#19Baha05Posted 1/12/2013 1:02:43 PM
shaunme posted...
a cd in the system silly .

Wow that's kinda sad. But either way it's a minor issue at best though they should have had a Nintendo sound but ehh
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#20ADHDguitarPosted 1/12/2013 1:03:07 PM
shaunme posted...
Buretsu posted...
shaunme posted...

PS1 PLAYED MUSIC
SATURN PLAYED MUSIC
DREAMCAST PLAYED MUSIC

> Spends $350 on a Wii U at launch
> Can't afford a $10 CD Player for music

the absolute worst NDF the board has ever seen, defending missing features, only on nintendo.

See, now you pretty much confirmed you just created this topic to troll.

The Wii U does not play music. Boohoo.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2