Erm, i want to play some music on my wii u

#151shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 4:26:53 AM
TheBonfini posted...
shaunme posted...
TheBonfini posted...
shaunme posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Who still has CD's? Get with the times! Next you will complain Wii-U doesn't play Beta or HD-DVD's

N.D.F

Ha, and I bet they still have a bunch of grey cartridges cluttering up their homes, too. It is so easy to be a minimalist in the digital age.

Your right! i have a nes, snes, n64 and a megadrive.

Ya and you can play them all on a PSP. It is pretty cool.

why play them on a tiny p.o.s psp when i can play them on my pc?
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#152TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 7:10:22 AM
I'll give you three guesses why some people like having entire generations worth of games on their Playstation Portables.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#153shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 7:13:50 AM
TheBonfini posted...
I'll give you three guesses why some people like having entire generations worth of games on their Playstation Portables.

because they are portable, but i don't game on the go so it's irrelevant to me.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#154Baha05Posted 1/13/2013 7:20:00 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Who still has CD's? Get with the times! Next you will complain Wii-U doesn't play Beta or HD-DVD's

I actually still have CDs just to have the physical media, however I also have an iPhone/PC/iPod for on the go, for playing close by, and for my care in that same order.

However having music on my gaming systems is just something I don't do.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#155adampeltzPosted 1/13/2013 7:29:50 AM
RahzarX posted...
adampeltz posted...
TC is asking a pretty reasonable question, about a pretty reasonable... if not necessary feature. Even though I have an Xbox 360, BluRay player, high quality CD playing carousel, music channels in my cable package, and wireless HDMI connection from my Laptop (and its huge music library) to my sound system... I still really want this feature on Wii U. Those who disagree seem to be missing the bigger picture, and the purpose of the Wii U.

Why? Well the Gamepad already is doing a lot for me....I use it as a social networking tablet on the couch, remote for my HDTV, remote for my cable box, a remote to control the volume of my sound system, as a general web browser, portable game player, full videogame console controller, etc... I even order dinner on it for me and my friends from time to time while playing Nintendo Land...

But It would really be nice if I could do all that, and if it ALSO allowed me to also choose the music I listen to without having to engage another piece of hardware which takes me out of the integrated experience and forces me change the input on my receiver (and thus my change what's being displayed on my HDTV).

I'd like to be able to have friends over, have them browse my Wii U Gamepad for songs, pass it around, and choose what songs we partying to in a nice jukebox/Karaoke sort of way.... That sort of experience becomes clumsy when you use a full laptop because people need to put their drinks down to type and browse with both hands,and it doesn't have the same casual flare. You don't pass it around. You set it down to type, point, and click. It takes you out of the conversation and out of the party. It's kind of sobering in the worst way. And for most people, there's a cord that tethers it to your system as well and makes it feel like a poor solution.... same thing goes for ipod docks which also are tethered to the sound system.

In other words, MP3 playback on the Wii U is actually quite important because it's the only device that has the casual touch interface of a tablet that can wirelessly determine the tunes heard on your surround sound system at the same time. There's really nothing else like it for the living room that has a solid HDMI connection and completely portable touch interface.

Anyway, I'm willing to bet Grooveshark will eventually run in the Wii U's browser. It already runs in HTML5 on iphone/ipad which doesn't allow for flash. But I'm sure would all prefer a first party solution.

You're the reason gaming sucks nowadays.

You want an all-in-one megasystem? Go buy a tablet.

NES - Only games.
SNES - Only games
N64 - Only games
GCube - Only games
Wii - Only games
Wii U - Only games

Nintendo is for GAMING.

I'm the reason gaming sucks nowadays? How does that make sense? Because I enjoy other things like music? I own and still enjoy all of those systems you listed and many more... In fact I even acquired a Virtual Boy last year in addition to my Wii U and 3DS. People like me who buy consoles at launch on good faith are the reason why console gaming EXISTS today.

Your suggestion to buy a tablet also makes no sense.... You didn't read my post and how I think Wii U is in a unique position in comparison to other devices. There's really nothing else like it for the living room that has a solid HDMI connection and completely remote touch user interface.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#156George TrevorPosted 1/13/2013 7:42:50 AM
Youtube

/topic
---
My Biohazard - RE Collection: youtu.be/1RpMCJiLUck
My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/AlienGenotype
#157shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:11:14 AM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...

I actually still have CDs just to have the physical media, however I also have an iPhone/PC/iPod for on the go, for playing close by, and for my care in that same order.

but at least you can accept that there are people who want to listen to physical media on their gaming systems,and for that I thank you.
---
#158TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 8:30:13 AM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...

but at least you can accept that there are people who want to listen to physical media on their gaming systems,and for that I thank you.

Yeah there's people that don't have all those overpriced devices and it would be awfully altruistic of Nintendo to let their blind followers at least hear the beauty music can bring to lives of the less fortunate.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#159shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:32:41 AM
TheBonfini posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...

Yeah there's people that don't have all those overpriced devices and it would be awfully altruistic of Nintendo to let their blind followers at least hear the beauty music can bring to lives of the less fortunate.

exactly :-)xx
---
#160Baha05Posted 1/13/2013 11:29:47 AM
shaunme posted...

Yeah I can accept that there are people, but when people find out they can I believe that they will find other ways or have other means of playing music on a different device. Spending $300 to 350 bucks for another thing to play CDs is a bit of a stupid thing to do.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz