Erm, i want to play some music on my wii u

#51Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/12/2013 2:37:49 PM
Yeah people have the right to complain in moderation. The issue is a lot of the minor issues are more often then not blow out of proportion and there is this odd mentality that the system should have hundreds of features at launch.

I don't think it is unreasonable to have basic inexpensive features that its competitors have had (and still have) for over a decade.

Also my "method" doesn't exist. If people have complaints there is a little things called Nintendo Customer Services. Send a letter to them about the issue instead of making the issue seem bigger then it really is.'

There is no "bigger than it is". The more people complaining simply means the issue is big enough to them.

Also with new consoles it is just that, still new. I don't expect the best looking games on it in it's first year and I don't expect for future consoles that not all options would be released at launch. Hell the 360 before it's first dash update did not have Party Chat, nor a lot of the features it has now, same with the PS3 and the Wii. They weren't all there when they first started. Hell the Vita didn't have access to the PSOne classics.

The 360 and PS3 launched 6/7 years ago. Features they have made the norm years ago should be in a next gen console at launch. And I did not know the wii added anything. I thought all it did was take away BC.

The bottom line is some things do take time to either fix or add. Or some features might not even come if the company feels like they don't need to add the option.

The bottom line is if nintendo did not rush the console out due to the horrendous support the wii was getting we would not have to wait for many of these inexpensive basic features.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#52shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 2:43:15 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Yeah people have the right to complain in moderation. The issue is a lot of the minor issues are more often then not blow out of proportion and there is this odd mentality that the system should have hundreds of features at launch.

I don't think it is unreasonable to have basic inexpensive features that its competitors have had (and still have) for over a decade.

Also my "method" doesn't exist. If people have complaints there is a little things called Nintendo Customer Services. Send a letter to them about the issue instead of making the issue seem bigger then it really is.'

There is no "bigger than it is". The more people complaining simply means the issue is big enough to them.

Also with new consoles it is just that, still new. I don't expect the best looking games on it in it's first year and I don't expect for future consoles that not all options would be released at launch. Hell the 360 before it's first dash update did not have Party Chat, nor a lot of the features it has now, same with the PS3 and the Wii. They weren't all there when they first started. Hell the Vita didn't have access to the PSOne classics.

The 360 and PS3 launched 6/7 years ago. Features they have made the norm years ago should be in a next gen console at launch. And I did not know the wii added anything. I thought all it did was take away BC.

The bottom line is some things do take time to either fix or add. Or some features might not even come if the company feels like they don't need to add the option.

The bottom line is if nintendo did not rush the console out due to the horrendous support the wii was getting we would not have to wait for many of these inexpensive basic features.

Everything you just said is correct.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#53SteamedRicePosted 1/12/2013 2:43:43 PM
This makes it seem like nintendo is confused with where they want to go.

They just released TVii, the all in one portal to your living room TV experience (which is laggy and incomplete)

then you realize the wiiu can't play movies or music and the stream capabilities are limited to Stereo sound because they didn't want to pay for a dolby license.
#54Baha05Posted 1/12/2013 2:46:45 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Not unreasonable but their choice to add or not to add. Also for DVDs you have licensing fees, not so sure about CDs but I wouldn't be surprised.

And yeah there are a lot of degrees of complaining. If I say go to McDonalds and ask for no pickles and I get pickles I don't go online and argue about it. I simply go back and explain that my order was messed up.

And yeah those features from the past systems might be in the newer ones, but that's the thing, they are features of the previous system. CD/DVD playback isn't a feature of the previous system. So if anything if they were to add them they would be new features. Which guess what? New consoles ALSO don't launch with all the new features.

And again rushed or not, things do in fact take time to update or add.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#55shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 2:48:42 PM
SteamedRice posted...
This makes it seem like nintendo is confused with where they want to go.

They just released TVii, the all in one portal to your living room TV experience (which is laggy and incomplete)

then you realize the wiiu can't play movies or music and the stream capabilities are limited to Stereo sound because they didn't want to pay for a dolby license.

as long as it does not cost money or take effort nintendo will include it.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#56GloryChaosPosted 1/12/2013 2:55:37 PM
It's not about money. It's about them trying too hard to be unique. Why offer media services that everybody else has offered for years? Who's going to buy a wiiU to watch movies and play music? That's how I assume they see it anyway. Tvii is something they tried to push because it's not too similar to many widespread and common services. It needs some work though.

But the lack of mp3 support in the browser or .aac? Yeah, that's probably a money thing. The browser only plays .ogg if you want audio. So they didn't have to open their wallets on that one.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#57Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/12/2013 2:59:49 PM
Not unreasonable but their choice to add or not to add. Also for DVDs you have licensing fees, not so sure about CDs but I wouldn't be surprised.

Everything is their choice to add or not seeing as they make the console. As the consumer we have the right to have a certain set of expectations, and if we feel that our wants are not being adequetly met, we have the right to be vocal about it.

And yeah there are a lot of degrees of complaining. If I say go to McDonalds and ask for no pickles and I get pickles I don't go online and argue about it. I simply go back and explain that my order was messed up.

Bad example. Your personal problem with McDonalds is nothing like a widespread issue that thousands, or millions of people have with an expensive electronic item.

And yeah those features from the past systems might be in the newer ones, but that's the thing, they are features of the previous system. CD/DVD playback isn't a feature of the previous system. So if anything if they were to add them they would be new features. Which guess what? New consoles ALSO don't launch with all the new features.

The fact that their last system was gimped and missing features that millions of people complained about online, does not somehow make it ok for them to skimp out on the same basic inexpensive features again. Did nintendo even say they were going to add these features? Stop going around the board telling everybody that nintendo can add in these certain features if nintendo has said nothing of the sort. You are spreading misinformation.

You keep saying this as if it a valid excuse. We know that things take time. Since nintendo rushed out this console, they obvously never had the time to add in basic features. In the mean time, people are going to be annoyed. That is Nintendos fault.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#58alifeofwinterPosted 1/12/2013 3:06:00 PM
shaunme posted...
THIS.SYSTEM.CANNOT.PLAY.MUSIC.???

PS1 PLAYED MUSIC
SATURN PLAYED MUSIC
DREAMCAST PLAYED MUSIC

you people are not serious? i just tried the zelda cd that came with skyward sword, does not work? do i have to put it on a pen?

yes put the CD on a pen and itll play just fine.
---
PSN User Name - alifeofwinter "Attack Me If You Dare, I Will Crush You!"
NP: UMVC3, MK9, DOA5
#59Baha05Posted 1/12/2013 3:08:10 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Everything is their choice to add or not seeing as they make the console. As the consumer we have the right to have a certain set of expectations, and if we feel that our wants are not being adequetly met, we have the right to be vocal about it.

Bad example. Your personal problem with McDonalds is nothing like a widespread issue that thousands, or millions of people have with an expensive electronic item.

The fact that their last system was gimped and missing features that millions of people complained about online, does not somehow make it ok for them to skimp out on the same basic inexpensive features again. Did nintendo even say they were going to add these features? Stop going around the board telling everybody that nintendo can add in these certain features if nintendo has said nothing of the sort. You are spreading misinformation.

You keep saying this as if it a valid excuse. We know that things take time. Since nintendo rushed out this console, they obvously never had the time to add in basic features. In the mean time, people are going to be annoyed. That is Nintendos fault.

Then as consumers you should already know that there exists devices called DVD players o CD/MP3 players that pretty much makes the issue pretty damn lol. The only issue it bings now is space but since things have been changing the past decade or so such DVD and CD players have been getting cheaper and smaller so space isn't an issue.

And it's not a bad example as it's common little problems like this that tend to happen quite a bit. We have how many Mcdonalds in the US alone? Looking it up brings up 13,000 and that's just the US, not worldwide.

And are we sure millions complained about the lack of DVD playback? If so then I feel sorry for those millions who did complain. Also I'm not spreading misinformation, I'm saying that if they can and wanted to they could work something out to add an option. As again not all new features are ever brought up, over time they can add new things to the system.

And it's a valid reason. New consoles in the past generation or so don't launch with all features and later on new features can be thought up and implemented. Again rushed or not it would make no difference especially since CD/DVD play back AREN'T common features of Nintendo consoles. Whatever reason people get annoyed by they have the right to be but if they just stay upset about it then chances are these people would never be happy in the first place.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#60shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:16:59 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

there is no point my friend, baha is delusional.
---