Erm, i want to play some music on my wii u

#91shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 5:26:34 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
BUT YOU CAN PLAY THEM.

But it was still not that great, yeah you can play them, big whoop back in 1994, not so much in 2013 with a thing called an MP3 player that can store pretty much THOUSANDS of Songs on a tiny little device.

custom soundtracks came out in 2005 on consoles, not sure if the original xbox used them.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#92RahzarXPosted 1/12/2013 5:27:51 PM
shaunme posted...
RahzarX posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
ps1 played cd's fine.

Yeah but to play a CD on the PSone means you can't play a game. A issue they didn't fix until the PS3 and 360 to where you can copy or burn music from CD/USB onto the system.

BUT YOU CAN PLAY THEM.

You bought a Wii U to play CD's, you made a boo boo bro.

nope, but it's just a standard extra(in decent hardware,that is)

No... decent hardware is exclusive to a certain format.

Decent Stereo's can't play DVD's.

Herrr Derrr you made a boo boo bro.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#93shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 5:28:05 PM
Crimson10Blades posted...
shaunme posted...
ps1 played cd's fine.

Use a PS1 then.

silly fanboy and his cute little "friend code" awwww xxxxx
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#94Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/12/2013 5:28:17 PM
But it was still not that great,

But you can do it. And you cant on the wii u which is pathetic.

yeah you can play them, big whoop back in 1994, not so much in 2013 with a thing called an MP3 player that can store pretty much THOUSANDS of Songs on a tiny little device.

Can the wii u even play MP3s?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#95Baha05Posted 1/12/2013 5:31:44 PM(edited)
shaunme posted...
custom soundtracks came out in 2005 on consoles, not sure if the original xbox used them.

Actually that's a good question if the Xbox had that or not. But hey I never used any game systems for CDS that often (I think the PSone was the closest and the 3DS if not just to be able to screw with he pitch) I think I used far more PSOne games in CD players to find those little Easter eggs.

Like putting SOTN in a CD player gives you a song and a little message

@ Kirby: Yeah you can do it back then but honestly do you think that many people care about CDs? And with the Wii U i don't know I haven't tried to put MP3 files on it, though with no Music app I doubt it can but again this is a minor issue as the MP3 and CD player exists for music.

Now custom soundtracks on the system is another thing.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#96adampeltzPosted 1/12/2013 5:31:21 PM(edited)
TC is asking a pretty reasonable question, about a pretty reasonable... if not necessary feature. Even though I have an Xbox 360, BluRay player, high quality CD playing carousel, music channels in my cable package, and wireless HDMI connection from my Laptop (and its huge music library) to my sound system... I still really want this feature on Wii U. Those who disagree seem to be missing the bigger picture, and the purpose of the Wii U.

Why? Well the Gamepad already is doing a lot for me....I use it as a social networking tablet on the couch, remote for my HDTV, remote for my cable box, a remote to control the volume of my sound system, as a general web browser, portable game player, full videogame console controller, etc... I even order dinner on it for me and my friends from time to time while playing Nintendo Land...

But It would really be nice if I could do all that, and if it ALSO allowed me to also choose the music I listen to without having to engage another piece of hardware which takes me out of the integrated experience and forces me change the input on my receiver (and thus my change what's being displayed on my HDTV).

I'd like to be able to have friends over, have them browse my Wii U Gamepad for songs, pass it around, and choose what songs we partying to in a nice jukebox/Karaoke sort of way.... That sort of experience becomes clumsy when you use a full laptop because people need to put their drinks down to type and browse with both hands,and it doesn't have the same casual flare. You don't pass it around. You set it down to type, point, and click. It takes you out of the conversation and out of the party. It's kind of sobering in the worst way. And for most people, there's a cord that tethers it to your system as well and makes it feel like a poor solution.... same thing goes for ipod docks which also are tethered to the sound system.

In other words, MP3 playback on the Wii U is actually quite important because it's the only device that has the casual touch interface of a tablet that can wirelessly determine the tunes heard on your surround sound system at the same time. There's really nothing else like it for the living room that has a solid HDMI connection and completely portable touch interface.

Anyway, I'm willing to bet Grooveshark will eventually run in the Wii U's browser. It already runs in HTML5 on iphone/ipad which doesn't allow for flash. But I'm sure would all prefer a first party solution.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#97Beatperson14Posted 1/12/2013 5:29:41 PM
I think my 3DO can play CD's FFS
#98shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 5:31:26 PM
no... the ps3 plays games and is a good blu ray player

Herrr Derrr you made a boo boo bro
---
#99RahzarXPosted 1/12/2013 5:32:08 PM
adampeltz posted...
TC is asking a pretty reasonable question, about a pretty reasonable... if not necessary feature. Even though I have an Xbox 360, BluRay player, high quality CD playing carousel, music channels in my cable package, and wireless HDMI connection from my Laptop (and its huge music library) to my sound system... I still really want this feature on Wii U. Those who disagree seem to be missing the bigger picture, and the purpose of the Wii U.

Why? Well the Gamepad already is doing a lot for me....I use it as a social networking tablet on the couch, remote for my HDTV, remote for my cable box, a remote to control the volume of my sound system, as a general web browser, portable game player, full videogame console controller, etc... I even order dinner on it for me and my friends from time to time while playing Nintendo Land...

But It would really be nice if I could do all that, and if it ALSO allowed me to also choose the music I listen to without having to engage another piece of hardware which takes me out of the integrated experience and forces me change the input on my receiver (and thus my change what's being displayed on my HDTV).

I'd like to be able to have friends over, have them browse my Wii U Gamepad for songs, pass it around, and choose what songs we partying to in a nice jukebox/Karaoke sort of way.... That sort of experience becomes clumsy when you use a full laptop because people need to put their drinks down to type and browse with both hands,and it doesn't have the same casual flare. You don't pass it around. You set it down to type, point, and click. It takes you out of the conversation and out of the party. It's kind of sobering in the worst way. And for most people, there's a cord that tethers it to your system as well and makes it feel like a poor solution.... same thing goes for ipod docks which also are tethered to the sound system.

In other words, MP3 playback on the Wii U is actually quite important because it's the only device that has the casual touch interface of a tablet that can wirelessly determine the tunes heard on your surround sound system at the same time. There's really nothing else like it for the living room that has a solid HDMI connection and completely portable touch interface.

Anyway, I'm willing to bet Grooveshark will eventually run in the Wii U's browser. It already runs in HTML5 on iphone/ipad which doesn't allow for flash. But I'm sure would all prefer a first party solution.

You're the reason gaming sucks nowadays.

You want an all-in-one megasystem? Go buy a tablet.

NES - Only games.
SNES - Only games
N64 - Only games
GCube - Only games
Wii - Only games
Wii U - Only games

Nintendo is for GAMING.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#100RahzarXPosted 1/12/2013 5:33:16 PM
shaunme posted...
no... the ps3 plays games and is a good blu ray player

Herrr Derrr you made a boo boo bro

The best Blu-Ray player is not the Ps3. Sorry Shaunme, you is a big boo boo.

Don't try to steal my boo boo thing.
---