Please Nintendo

#1xxxxxnPosted 1/12/2013 1:05:43 PM
Please please please make a proper Thousand Year Door succesor that is worthy of the name Paper Mario. Super Paper Mario was fine it had a good story and some memorable characters and I wouldn't mind if they made another game like it but we also need a true Paper Mario sequel.

And so help me god Nintendo if the Paper Mario sequel is like Sticker Star I will take my copy of Sticker Star out to the burning pile in my backyard get some kerosene and watch it burn.
#2sockesockePosted 1/12/2013 1:09:11 PM
haha i can kind of understand you since im not a big fan of sticker star either. a new paper mario should be like super paper mario imo, since thats my fave of the series.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#3HejiruPosted 1/12/2013 1:15:13 PM(edited)
I agree entirely. And I hate to tell you this, but Intelligent Systems said in the Iwata Asks interview that they want Sticker Star to become the future standard for the series.

The really sad thing is, the game was originally going to be a "real" Paper Mario game, just like the original E3 screenshots made it look. In that same interview, they discuss what the game was originally like and it sounds like it was going to be pretty much like TTYD with stickers playing some sort of role. Then Miyamoto came in and screwed everything up.

Basically, he told IS he didn't want any original characters (i.e. no partners) and minimal story. Which is why Bowser is inexplicably mute all of a sudden. I think he wanted to try and turn this into "New Paper Mario Bros." or something.

At least Super Paper Mario was a good game in its own right, even if it was different. Sticker Star just... isn't.
#4Tsutarja495Posted 1/12/2013 1:14:49 PM
I'd be happy either way, a game that builds off the first two, or another unique one. I've liked all four of them. The only thing I want is for them to go back to having different action commands for different attacks, instead of the mindless "mash A at the right time" they had for every single move in SS. That was my only complaint about the game.