Best twist for a Zelda game?

#31RobotPirteGhostPosted 1/13/2013 3:32:25 PM
Other: Tired of being hated and looked down upon, Tingle usurps Ganon's throne and power to become the bad guy.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#32userfrigginamePosted 1/13/2013 3:36:44 PM
Link joins the local debate team. Maybe not actually a twist, but yeah.
#33TheGreatUnownPosted 1/13/2013 3:41:58 PM
Argh4430 posted...
Game set in the future.

Dammit, I came here to post that.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
#34Lord_ValkirePosted 1/13/2013 3:46:38 PM
Wow I read that as worst twist...
---
Wii would like U to play
#35Muljo StphoPosted 1/13/2013 4:14:54 PM
I could see there being a female hero* but it's really stupid to think that she would be the same character and it's even dumber to think that this would mean that all other characters in the series must be gender swapped as well. "Prince Zeldo"? "Lady Ganondora"? Horrible horrible ideas of horribleness. (What the hell? The spellchecker doesn't mark "horribleness" as wrong?)

*Honestly, the hero doesn't even need to be the "Link" stereotype every time. Those are the ones we've focused on, but I think Hyrule can have many different types of heroes. Rusl, Ashei, Shad, Pippit, Karane, Groose, Ralph, etc. The series has many men and women who are potential hero types.

Also technically, Zelda is steampunk already. Something has to power all those machines and stuff in the dungeons. I don't buy the evil magic pixie dust, or whatever.

"Evil magic pixie dust"? Where the hell are you getting this from?

Anyway, the ancient advanced technology filling up all these old temples and tombs and stuff is clearly some sort of technology and magic hybrid with heavy emphasis on the magic. We press switches or we strike these invincible targets, and some sort of power is routed through to whatever sort of mechanisms make the doors and traps move. It would seem that this energy is derived from timeshift stones, possibly after some sort of refinement process to control the properties of the stones. (You want to channel the magic energy into a controlled mechanism. You don't want to randomly blast out the natural transformation magic of the stones at everybody standing too close to the device.)

However, when the series has gone into a more obviously technological route with things it has been what might more accurately be described as "clockpunk" or "gearpunk". Specifically, I'm talking about the Spinner-operated mechanisms seen in a number of places in TP.

with the Triforce actually revealed as computer chips

I've actually made a comment similar to this somewhere. If they step further back in time for another prequel we'll be in (or getting awfully close to) a time when the three goddesses were still present in the world, and I made some remark about how with the most advanced tech in the series all being in the past we may soon be finding out that the "goddesses" were alien invaders that came to the planet and overthrew the native "demon" warlords and had their army of robot servants impose a new world order on the survivors. And of course the "Triforce" is some sort of ultra-advanced alien computer in this idea.

I'm not really serious with that idea of course, but then again who knows... Nintendo used Tetrads as pieces of some sort of alien computer in StarTropics 2...
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#36TrueKirbyPosted 1/13/2013 4:23:52 PM
Link is Anakin Skywalker.
Groose:YOU WERE DA CHOSEN ONE!
Link:NOOOO!
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#37sentoworfPosted 1/13/2013 4:28:15 PM
Other: Groose is Ganondorf
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#38guineapigofdoomPosted 1/13/2013 5:14:56 PM
Other: At the end of the game Link dies, Ganon wins and the world falls to ruin.
#39GoombacrusherPosted 1/13/2013 5:58:55 PM
None of those sound like good ideas
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#40GrinceventPosted 1/13/2013 6:53:58 PM
Ok, another view:
Link is still against Ganon in another big adventure, saving Zelda in the process or any classic twists that comes with it.
But he is an NPC. The player controls a new, different "hero" with his own (personal or not) quest. Of course the story of Link is important, he has to save Hyrule again, etc... But your quest is something special (it's up to the dev team, I won't do all the work...), it can be tied to Link's quest, but I'd like to see something unique in that new hero story, maybe just an intriguing atmosphere like in Majora's Mask.
Anyway, you don't play Link but the story can make you interact with him and the rest of the cast: fighting alongside Link at times (vs the final boss, it's an easy guess), or even fighting him for example.