Best twist for a Zelda game?

#51Argh4430Posted 1/14/2013 7:40:21 PM
I just remembered that the Zelda you save in Zelda II is not the same Zelda you saved in the first game. Yet it stands to reason that Link is about as old as both Zeldas when he saves them (at least it looks that way in Zelda II). So, what was this second Zelda doing while the events in the first game occured? Not really a game idea, just me wondering.
#52elheberPosted 1/15/2013 9:46:13 AM
Argh4430 posted...
I just remembered that the Zelda you save in Zelda II is not the same Zelda you saved in the first game. Yet it stands to reason that Link is about as old as both Zeldas when he saves them (at least it looks that way in Zelda II). So, what was this second Zelda doing while the events in the first game occured? Not really a game idea, just me wondering.

Oh no.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#53NightzardPosted 1/15/2013 10:10:54 AM
I'd love to see a game where both Vaati and Ganondorf team up.
---
The next sentence is false. The first sentence is true.
(3DS FC: 3222-5580-0349)(Wii U network: Nightzard)
#54Chocobo115Posted 1/15/2013 10:13:12 AM
Legend of Zelda gets an adult and interesting story.
But Nintendo has never been much for stories in games, sigh...
#55fawfulmark2Posted 1/15/2013 10:23:06 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
Legend of Zelda gets an adult and interesting story.
But Nintendo has never been much for stories in games, sigh...

they are slowly beginning to incorporate some stores in the game worlds, as seen with the Mario & Luigi series and Pokemon Black/White version.

also, hell yeah to steam/cyberpunk Zelda.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#56Muljo StphoPosted 1/15/2013 12:02:37 PM
Argh4430 posted...

... Really?

Okay, so in the backstory for AoL (mostly told in the manual), which is set some number of generations before LoZ, there was a great king of Hyrule who was preparing for his death and trying to determine which of his children was worthy of inheriting the throne and the Triforce. The royal wizard corrupted the prince and cursed the princess. The prince regretted trusting the wizard and tried to fight him, but the king had already settled on a plan. The king had broken the Triforce into its three parts, and he had hidden one of them away in a palace in a remote part of the kingdom guarded by trials designed to determine worthiness. The princess was stuck in a cursed sleep. The king died. The prince started an official tradition to name Hyrule's princesses after her to honor her. (Just take it as coincidence that we now have so many other Zeldas who have lived before this tradition started.) And the princess slept hidden away in a secret chamber in the North Palace for all time up until the end of AoL when Link reunites the Triforce and uses its power to wake her up. Link had earned the right to attempt the old king's trial for the third piece of the Triforce after he collected the first two pieces in LoZ.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#57Argh4430Posted 1/16/2013 12:58:20 AM
Muljo Stpho posted...
... Really?

Okay, so in the backstory for AoL (mostly told in the manual), which is set some number of generations before LoZ, there was a great king of Hyrule who was preparing for his death and trying to determine which of his children was worthy of inheriting the throne and the Triforce. The royal wizard corrupted the prince and cursed the princess. The prince regretted trusting the wizard and tried to fight him, but the king had already settled on a plan. The king had broken the Triforce into its three parts, and he had hidden one of them away in a palace in a remote part of the kingdom guarded by trials designed to determine worthiness. The princess was stuck in a cursed sleep. The king died. The prince started an official tradition to name Hyrule's princesses after her to honor her. (Just take it as coincidence that we now have so many other Zeldas who have lived before this tradition started.) And the princess slept hidden away in a secret chamber in the North Palace for all time up until the end of AoL when Link reunites the Triforce and uses its power to wake her up. Link had earned the right to attempt the old king's trial for the third piece of the Triforce after he collected the first two pieces in LoZ.

Thanks. I never got to read the manual, as I only own digital copies of the game. I heard the backstory for the game was immense, and this kind of proves it. Wow.
---
NNID: Snyder78
3DS FC: 3695-1354-4936