I've heard this all before

#11Lord_KagatoPosted 1/13/2013 8:55:24 AM
shaunme posted...
sales do not make a system, sales....do...not...make....a......system, say it with me drones............

Looks like someone forgot that Nintendo was a business. Sales are everything in a business.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#12DeathSoul2000Posted 1/13/2013 8:59:13 AM
shaunme posted...
sales do not make a system, sales....do...not...make....a......system, say it with me drones............

tell that to sony.
#13HungoverHero777Posted 1/13/2013 9:03:47 AM
Not_King_Boo posted...
shaunme posted...

Then why do people keep bringing up these "horrible sales"?

+2
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#14Ness0123456789Posted 1/13/2013 9:06:08 AM
Yesterday I was trolling. This time I am being more logical. 720 and PS4 will get the same type of ports Wii U has now. Only Wii U has had a year and has more to offer by then.

While yes, you are right that the 720 and PS4 are going to get the same "love" from Third Parties that the WiiU is now, there's a very large difference between the two.

The 360 and PS3 are roughly on par with the WiiU, if only a bit below it, and have a much higher established userbase than the WiiU does. Who do you think the third party publishers are going to put their new games on, even a year from now, when the PS4 and 720 are slowly picking up steam? Here's a hint: It's not the WiiU.

And in a year, when the developers have a better grip on making games for the 720 and PS4, which if we're to believe Microsoft and Sony, will be more powerful than the WiiU, who do you think developers are going to publish their triple A titles on? Here's a hint: It's not the WiiU.

I'm not saying the WiiU is a bad system, I haven't played it yet, nor do I own one, so I can't make an accurate assumption of if it's actually a good console or not. However, I do know the specs like most others, I have seen comparison shots, and I have been keeping up on what the third party support has been like, and none of them are really all that incredible. The problem all lies with the Wii. Nintendo has no fall-back console with an established user base to go to. No developer is going to publish on the Wii, it's an out dated piece of plastic with a gimmick that most developers stopped using.

The Wii is going to cause Nintendo problems going forward while they're trying to build a user-base for the WiiU. In all honesty, if they didn't have the 3DS to fall back on, or if the 3DS continued to fail horribly like it did in it's first year, Nintendo would likely be in a lot more trouble than they are right now. The Wii was an outlier, no console ever comes out the front door swinging, and yet Nintendo has NEVER acknowledged this. Every time a new console in the past comes out, they immediately drop all support for the last and just assume their consumer base will jump ship.

However, it's been a very long time since Nintendo actually released a next generation console (honestly, the last major jump was from the N64 to the Game Cube, the Wii really wasn't that much of a leap in generations from the GCN, despite what the most rabid of Nintendo Fanboys will try to argue otherwise). The game has changed a lot since than, and I don't think Nintendo realizes that yet.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#15Xcalibur02Posted 1/13/2013 9:28:17 AM
b1gt0ne posted...
Not_King_Boo posted...
shaunme posted...

+3

---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#16EazyERockPosted 1/13/2013 9:33:42 AM
im not really a fan of taking sides, but how can ignore xboxes' failure rate? it took them what, 4 , 5, years to get a console that actually worked and had wi fi? and sure, its selling now, but because its alot more cheaper and affordable..

like i said, i dont choose sides, and imo this (or last whatever you want to call it) gen sucked all around imo, but cmon man, youre acting like the xbox is perfect, which it clearly isnt..
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive.. Ya Mad Bro?
#17Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/13/2013 9:38:30 AM
shaunme posted...

Because nintendo fanboys spent all of last gen talking about sales, in an attempt to mask the low amount of great games being released for the wii.

It is understandable that you all no longer want to talk about sales...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#18Kiro_namiPosted 1/13/2013 9:40:53 AM
Not_King_Boo posted...
shaunme posted...

+4
---
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
#19Not_King_BooPosted 1/13/2013 10:06:46 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
shaunme posted...

Because nintendo fanboys spent all of last gen talking about sales, in an attempt to mask the low amount of great games being released for the wii.

Did you just claim people didn't want to talk about sales...in a topic about sales?
#20Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/13/2013 10:11:03 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
shaunme posted...

Did you just claim people didn't want to talk about sales...in a topic about sales?

People don't want to talk about sales. At least certain people seeing as they are continuously whining about people making topics about it.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif