How do I unlock online multiplayer in New Super Mario Bros. U?

#1SolnotPosted 1/13/2013 2:07:21 PM
Do I need to 100% complete the single player mode first?
#2dcamp27Posted 1/13/2013 2:10:25 PM
Solnot posted...
Do I need to 100% complete the single player mode first?

Yes, that is what you need to do.
#3Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/13/2013 2:14:25 PM
DLC Unlock on E-shop is easier...it's just 99 cents.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#4wingo84Posted 1/13/2013 2:15:23 PM
You need to complete the game without losing a single life, take out the disc with the software still running, insert Nintendoland, sprinkle a circle of salt around the Wii U, chant 'Iwata 4 life' 67 times and then press X, X, X, A, X, up, down, left, right, A, B, C and then press the power off, go to the kitchen and make a chicken sandwich and then go to bed.

When you awake multiplayer will be unlocked.

Happy gaming
---
NNID - Wingo84
#5gumbyxcore99Posted 1/13/2013 2:16:40 PM
You need to find a secret exit at your local walmart. Go into the Unmarked grey door on the wall between the automotive and toy sections. Defeat the goombas and sell a horse to a man in a pinstripe suit . Only then will online multiplayer be unlocked
---
iller than phil schiller
#6TheGamingGolferPosted 1/13/2013 2:17:29 PM
You have to defeat 20 enemies in Cruel Melee.
---
Reggie for Super Smash Bros. 4!!
#7jmichaelbpPosted 1/13/2013 2:21:01 PM
wingo84 posted...
You need to complete the game without losing a single life, take out the disc with the software still running, insert Nintendoland, sprinkle a circle of salt around the Wii U, chant 'Iwata 4 life' 67 times and then press X, X, X, A, X, up, down, left, right, A, B, C and then press the power off, go to the kitchen and make a chicken sandwich and then go to bed.

Happy gaming

When did you figure it out?
I found ou about it on Dcember 3rd.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#8RobotPirteGhostPosted 1/13/2013 2:21:04 PM
TheGamingGolfer posted...
You have to defeat 20 enemies in Cruel Melee.

No, you have to beat 15 Minute Melee in 30 seconds.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#9TheGreatUnownPosted 1/13/2013 2:24:26 PM
Down, Down-forward, forward, punch. Then forward, down, down-forward, punch.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
#10wingo84Posted 1/13/2013 2:25:09 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
wingo84 posted...

Happy gaming

When did you figure it out?
I found ou about it on Dcember 3rd.

I worked it out 6 minutes before I got the game, and had multiplayer working 6 seconds before that. I was even able to play against people playing Halo 6.
---
NNID - Wingo84