time to give mario a rest?

#1SectionX2Posted 1/13/2013 3:27:30 PM
Too many mario games lately. SMG1 & 2, NSMBwii, Mario 3D Land, NSMB2, NSMBU in a span of 5 years.

Give it a well deserved rest before gamers and mario gets burnt out.
#2SolnotPosted 1/13/2013 3:28:53 PM
Time to give Luigi his own game again.
#3PendragoonPosted 1/13/2013 3:30:03 PM
Mario games always sell multi millions, why put something to rest when it prints money? At least Nintendo doesn't milk Mario as badly as Activision milks their current cash cows. (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#4ColorfulColorsPosted 1/13/2013 3:30:44 PM
500 post topic.

I'm calling it now.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#5SectionX2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:30:49 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Mario games always sell multi millions, why put something to rest when it prints money? At least Nintendo doesn't milk Mario as badly as Activision milks their current cash cows. (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty)

actually the milking of mario is approaching CoD levels now.
#6PendragoonPosted 1/13/2013 3:31:37 PM
Solnot posted...
Time to give Luigi his own game again.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is coming out on the 3DS soon.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#7Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/13/2013 3:31:51 PM
Mario games are in demand. So long as Nintendo can maintain the right balance in putting out enough games to meet that demand without overwhelming that demand, Mario won't be getting any more rest than he's been getting.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#8Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/13/2013 3:32:23 PM(edited)
At least the NSMB games are only one per console.

Call of Duty gets yearly releases on the same console.

Mario prints money, and Nintendo is not going to put him to rest anytime soon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#9TheGreatUnownPosted 1/13/2013 3:33:11 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...

I don't think they do Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero anymore, especially after Warriors of Rock. They moved on to Skylanders.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
#10SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/13/2013 3:42:41 PM(edited)
PENDRAG0ON posted...

Nintendo has always milked Mario from the very beginning he is their mascot after all. Fortunately the majority of his games are good.

Asking Nintendo not to use Mario is like asking McDs not to use Ronald McDonald or Disney not to use Mickey Mouse.

If Sony had a mascot they'd be using it too.