Wii U game sales 'far behind launch levels for Gamecube and Wii'

#61Platinum_LuigiPosted 1/13/2013 8:34:34 PM
And they are surprised? Maybe Nintendo should have released more games near the launch window. Serves them right for delaying Pikmin 3 to May. They better stop relying on 3rd party for software sales, because it's clear they aren't getting the same software support as the 360 or PS3.

Gamecube had Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, and Smash Brothers Melee; perhaps the best console launch ever.

Wii had Twilight Princess(the Gamecube edition came out later, the Wii edition is the definitive version of the game), Trauma Center, Elebits, Excite Truck.

WiiU has New Super Mario Bros U, and a bunch of ports.

New Super Mario Bros U isn't a killer AAA launch game like Twilight Princess or Melee.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/awesome_user
#62Bigdaddy422Posted 1/13/2013 8:34:38 PM
Iv been a gamer since i was 3, now im 23. I played/owned every system since then. I mostly played my ps3 last gen and couldnt stand the Wii for its waggle controls and poor graphics.

I was hesitant to buy the Wii u, after being disappointed by the Wii, but decided to do so as an xmas gift for my son. Since then i now own 6 wii u games, not counting included nintendo land, and i dont regret my purchases. My ps3 has sat untouched since xmas day and will remain to do so.

I just like having the ability to play on the gamepad, or to use the game pad for other cool things such as inventory management. Sometimes i just want to go lay in my bed and play a game, or having a football game playing on the tv, while i play a game on the pad.

No coffin will go into Nintendos coffin. If anything, it will light a fire under their butts which benefits us all.
#63DemonDog666Posted 1/13/2013 8:37:35 PM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Iv been a gamer since i was 3, now im 23. I played/owned every system since then. I mostly played my ps3 last gen and couldnt stand the Wii for its waggle controls and poor graphics.

I was hesitant to buy the Wii u, after being disappointed by the Wii, but decided to do so as an xmas gift for my son. Since then i now own 6 wii u games, not counting included nintendo land, and i dont regret my purchases. My ps3 has sat untouched since xmas day and will remain to do so.

I just like having the ability to play on the gamepad, or to use the game pad for other cool things such as inventory management. Sometimes i just want to go lay in my bed and play a game, or having a football game playing on the tv, while i play a game on the pad.

No coffin will go into Nintendos coffin. If anything, it will light a fire under their butts which benefits us all.

Those 6 games are on the ps3 though? I mean wiiU only has 6 exclusives and 4 of those are shovelware.
#64TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 8:38:14 PM
Bigdaddy422 posted...

They better fire someone.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#65P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/13/2013 8:39:49 PM
Xcalibur02 posted...
It doesn't make any sense that the WII U could sell almost 3 million units in less than two months, yet no ones buying the games. The article even says that the Wii U has generated more revenue than the Wii, despite not selling as much AND selling at a loss. There's some missing link here.

Do these numbers track digital sales? I want the full story before jumping to any conclusions.

This. Something doesn't add up.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#66P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/13/2013 9:14:03 PM
Found some things.

Apparently, the Gamecube launched at record highs for it's first two months. In it's third month it's sales dropped to basically nothing. In it's first fiscal quarter it only sold 3.8m units. The Gamecube also did not profit originally even though the losses were in the single digits. It's attachment rate was roughly 9::1 at the end of it's life. The Wii's launch attachment rate was roughly 4::1. Thanks to the Gamecube's low console sales, it's easy for it's attachment rate to be so high.

That makes the Wii U's attachment rate around 2::1 not including eshop sales. With the Wii U making a profit after just one software sale, these numbers make sense.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#67Bigdaddy422Posted 1/14/2013 9:45:34 AM
I have SMBU, Scribblenauts, Zombi U, Dark siders 2, skylanders, an sonic. Who cares if they are ports, they are good games.
Plus little inferno and trine 2 are also good
#68MelkacPosted 1/14/2013 9:56:01 AM
Wii launched with Twilight Princess...
Gamecube (pretty much) launched with Melee...

That is all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#69DrumguyPosted 1/14/2013 11:29:03 AM
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...
Drumguy posted...
15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

Did this guy seriously create an account just to troll? Well, guess that's another for the ignore list...

It's saddening to know that just because you have a new account on gamefaqs, you're automatically branded a troll. The future looks bleak for me then...

On topic: Far behind launch levels for gamecube? hmm....... with games like Black Ops 2 and Assassins Creed 3 and the savior that was suppose to be Zombi U. That's bad. No spinning that...

No, what branded him a troll is that he's on here trolling.... herp derp
#70Coolbreeze32Posted 1/14/2013 11:31:10 PM
Smash is coming out in 2013 and Nintendo has a good deal of games as digital download. My brother has downloaded 2 online games. ZombiU is probably they best survival horror games currently out. I think only Deapspace games can even stack up. WiiU may not put out as many systems as the Wii but it appears it will not have to. I think it will move 65 to 70 percent of what they Wii did and have an increase in software sales retail and digital. I think it will also make more money than the Wii because of the higher price.