Nintendo fans need to be more open to criticism.

#381BlueSophiaPosted 1/14/2013 10:40:20 PM
I think the real problem comes from the fact that most of these critics come in from an unfounded high horse. What is a VG platform but a... well... VG platform? The WiiU is not perfect, but it was well designed and thought out.

Most critics of Nintendo like to overemphasize small things like they would doom a system without considering the macro standpoint.

Lets take the PS3 and the 360. Both boasted next gen graphics, but that was it. All they gave us was a package that was more or less an expensive paperweight that didn't get better until the titles began rolling out. Most of their work was also largely undertested + fragile which is why we have the war on CFW and the RROD. Even during Sony's golden age (the PS2), they had major hardware issues to resolve.

Bottom line, small change. Complainers are all hypocrites.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#382TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 10:43:27 PM
BlueSophia posted...
I think the real problem comes from the fact that most of these critics come in from an unfounded high horse. What is a VG platform but a... well... VG platform? The WiiU is not perfect, but it was well designed and thought out.

Most critics of Nintendo like to overemphasize small things like they would doom a system without considering the macro standpoint.

Lets take the PS3 and the 360. Both boasted next gen graphics, but that was it. All they gave us was a package that was more or less an expensive paperweight that didn't get better until the titles began rolling out. Most of their work was also largely undertested + fragile which is why we have the war on CFW and the RROD. Even during Sony's golden age (the PS2), they had major hardware issues to resolve.

Bottom line, small change. Complainers are all hypocrites.

Expensive paperweight huh.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#383Koi_TenchiPosted 1/15/2013 2:03:38 AM
GloryChaos posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Tea sucks.

Lol coffee fanboy trying to reassure himself.

Hot chocolate is better than either and you're both trolls if you say otherwise.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#384GNSatanPosted 1/15/2013 2:21:29 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Tea sucks.

Hot chocolate is better than either and you're both trolls if you say otherwise.

pff, hot chocolate. Green tea FTW. :-P
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRantism?feature=guide
#385niels200683Posted 1/15/2013 4:29:49 AM
Hot chocolate and tea is SO KIDDY...

Real men drink rum & honey in hot milk.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#386IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/15/2013 6:57:05 AM
Hot Choco is definitely good if made right. My favorite being Stephens Peppermint Cocoa
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#387Koi_TenchiPosted 1/15/2013 8:16:48 AM
Hot Choco is definitely good if made right. My favorite being Stephens Peppermint Cocoa

I've never had that specifically, but I could see how it would be good. I've had Hot Chocolate mixed with Peppermint Schnapps and it was amazing. IMO, it's one of the only good uses for Peppermint Schnapps at all.
---
#388IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/15/2013 8:17:59 AM
Peppermint Schnapps and Rootbeer Schnapps are fine by themselves.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#389Koi_TenchiPosted 1/15/2013 8:22:07 AM
GNSatan posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Tea sucks.

pff, hot chocolate. Green tea FTW. :-P

: P Green Tea fans need to be more open to criticism.
---
#390BlueSophiaPosted 1/15/2013 8:36:46 AM
As far as new systems go, yes. Most of the time, launch titles are garbage and those that get the system early need to wait for the major ones to arrive. The WiiU actually did well here, not because its opening lineup is strong (not really), but because they have a strong follow up that makes you expect something. At processing power alone, the PS3 and 360 had strong cases but a poor follow up.

For the crazy theorists that assume that the 720 and PS3D(w/e they want to spin it), they aren't going to get anything off the ground for at least 2 years. Excluding in-house developers, no company can pull off a good next gen game without a year's head start, loads of money and the promise of future profit.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!