Nintendo fans need to be more open to criticism.

#41TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 8:36:00 PM
GoombaX posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...
Of course. But then you start to spend some time on the internet. Then you start spending time on this site, then this board. And you realize just how F***ed up Nintendo fans can be. I've seen you guys defend some things that other people with the simplest common sense would boycott.

And other people aren't "this bad" why? And what are these things that "people with the simplest common sense would boycott"?

thats what i wanna know

It's probably due to the fact that in contrast to the other systems the Wii-U is missing many valuable features with the system itself and the games at this point in time.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#42hyjinx17Posted 1/13/2013 8:37:13 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
Every time I hear somebody say something BARELY negative about the Wii U or Nintendo games Nintendo fans act like Nintendo HQ was bombed or something.

I'm not saying Sony fans, Microsoft fans, or Steam fans don't do this as well but I don't go on those boards...

I think Nintendo needs to learn that brand loyalty is affecting them negatively the past generation, they have released some mediocre games and their fans have been putting it on the highest pedestal acting like it's Super Mario 64.

I like how you complain that Nintendo fans react badly to criticism, and then throw that little dig in at the end.

7/10
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#43GoombaXPosted 1/13/2013 8:39:21 PM
TheBonfini posted...
GoombaX posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Of course. But then you start to spend some time on the internet. Then you start spending time on this site, then this board. And you realize just how F***ed up Nintendo fans can be. I've seen you guys defend some things that other people with the simplest common sense would boycott.

And other people aren't "this bad" why? And what are these things that "people with the simplest common sense would boycott"?

thats what i wanna know

It's probably due to the fact that in contrast to the other systems the Wii-U is missing many valuable features with the system itself and the games at this point in time.

no dvd player is that important in a video game system?
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#44PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/13/2013 8:40:21 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
I will. When there's actual criticism.

---
-
Good stuff
#45TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 8:44:02 PM
GoombaX posted...
TheBonfini posted...
GoombaX posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

thats what i wanna know

no dvd player is that important in a video game system?

Did I say any such thing?

If that's the only thing you can come up with on the spot than it is hardly a wonder at all why trolls swoop in here to provoke users so often.
---
#46geneticsftwPosted 1/13/2013 8:44:48 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
Every time I hear somebody say something BARELY negative about the Wii U or Nintendo games Nintendo fans act like Nintendo HQ was bombed or something.

I'm not saying Sony fans, Microsoft fans, or Steam fans don't do this as well but I don't go on those boards...

I think Nintendo needs to learn that brand loyalty is affecting them negatively the past generation, they have released some mediocre games and their fans have been putting it on the highest pedestal acting like it's Super Mario 64.

Vita
---
Sweet
#47GoombaXPosted 1/13/2013 8:45:33 PM
What valuable features is it missing exactly?
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#48darkjedilinkPosted 1/13/2013 8:53:21 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Did it occur to you that maybe, just MAYBE, we just like Nintendo's games, and involves no religious connotations OR problem with their business practices?

No considering wiiU has next to no Nintendo games.

It has the EXACT number of Nintendo titles as the SNES, N64 and GameCube. The Wii and NES only had one more.

Nice try, though.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#49TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 8:54:37 PM
GoombaX posted...

The topic is basicallt about Nintendo fans being offended by legitimate criticisms of the systems features, it's games and missing features in said games. Do you really need me to answer that? You're missing the point completely. You aren't accepting criticisms because you honestly don't perceive there to be any.

When you are ready to answer that question yourself the trolls won't be so tempted.

Do you honestly not see any legitimate concerns? Don't even think of them as criticisms because for some reason that word has a negative connotation associated with it.

Think of a "wish list". There's lots to be desired and could, should, or would be implemented if consumers could make the proper realistic demands.

No one with any sense should be making a mountain of a molehill like lack of DVD playback. That is a minor criticism but can be legitimately put on anyone's "Wiish Liist" and shouldn't be so vehemently combatted. That's what the trolls are anticipating.
---
#50darkjedilinkPosted 1/13/2013 9:05:48 PM
TheBonfini posted...
GoombaX posted...

The topic is basicallt about Nintendo fans being offended by legitimate criticisms of the systems features, it's games and missing features in said games. Do you really need me to answer that? You're missing the point completely. You aren't accepting criticisms because you honestly don't perceive there to be any.

When you are ready to answer that question yourself the trolls won't be so tempted.

Do you honestly not see any legitimate concerns? Don't even think of them as criticisms because for some reason that word has a negative connotation associated with it.

Think of a "wish list". There's lots to be desired and could, should, or would be implemented if consumers could make the proper realistic demands.

No one with any sense should be making a mountain of a molehill like lack of DVD playback. That is a minor criticism but can be legitimately put on anyone's "Wiish Liist" and shouldn't be so vehemently combatted. That's what the trolls are anticipating.

So, unless a game console launches with every possible feature and a hundred great games, trolling is acceptable and nobody can complain about said trolling?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie