Nintendo fans need to be more open to criticism.

#51Devil_wings00Posted 1/13/2013 9:08:46 PM
It's so much easier not having a bias any which way. Just buy more then one gaming box and you will notice that your frustrations with any one console become a whole lot less important when you can go play on a different machine and take a break from the other.

I understand not everyone can afford to have a PC, 360, PS3, Wii U but acquiring any two of those (well maybe not PC since that can get pricey) isn't out of the realm of possibility. Especially a used 360/ps3 which are around 100 bucks these days (have seen 360's as low as 79.99 where I live).

If you consider yourself a GAMER and not a Nintendo gamer or Xbox gamer or PlayStation gamer then save up a bit of cash and make life a whole lot less frustrating. It won't remove the problems you perceive with your gaming box of choice but it makes it a whole lot easier a pill to swallow when you are not bound to it's flaws.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#52Shunasassi_lmntPosted 1/13/2013 9:10:12 PM
Crazy Nintendo haters
---
Babe of the Nightbreed
Sex, Pins and Death
#53TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 9:11:50 PM
darkjedilink posted...
TheBonfini posted...
GoombaX posted...
What valuable features is it missing exactly?

The topic is basicallt about Nintendo fans being offended by legitimate criticisms of the systems features, it's games and missing features in said games. Do you really need me to answer that? You're missing the point completely. You aren't accepting criticisms because you honestly don't perceive there to be any.

When you are ready to answer that question yourself the trolls won't be so tempted.

Do you honestly not see any legitimate concerns? Don't even think of them as criticisms because for some reason that word has a negative connotation associated with it.

Think of a "wish list". There's lots to be desired and could, should, or would be implemented if consumers could make the proper realistic demands.

No one with any sense should be making a mountain of a molehill like lack of DVD playback. That is a minor criticism but can be legitimately put on anyone's "Wiish Liist" and shouldn't be so vehemently combatted. That's what the trolls are anticipating.

So, unless a game console launches with every possible feature and a hundred great games, trolling is acceptable and nobody can complain about said trolling?

Did I say any such thing?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#54DemonDog666Posted 1/13/2013 9:17:12 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
It's so much easier not having a bias any which way. Just buy more then one gaming box and you will notice that your frustrations with any one console become a whole lot less important when you can go play on a different machine and take a break from the other.

I understand not everyone can afford to have a PC, 360, PS3, Wii U but acquiring any two of those (well maybe not PC since that can get pricey) isn't out of the realm of possibility. Especially a used 360/ps3 which are around 100 bucks these days (have seen 360's as low as 79.99 where I live).

If you consider yourself a GAMER and not a Nintendo gamer or Xbox gamer or PlayStation gamer then save up a bit of cash and make life a whole lot less frustrating. It won't remove the problems you perceive with your gaming box of choice but it makes it a whole lot easier a pill to swallow when you are not bound to it's flaws.

I have a massive backlog of games, I'm not buying a console for 2 mediocre games that I probably wouldn't even get around to buying if they were on a console I already owned.
#55GoombaXPosted 1/13/2013 9:19:11 PM
TheBonfini posted...
GoombaX posted...

The topic is basicallt about Nintendo fans being offended by legitimate criticisms of the systems features, it's games and missing features in said games. Do you really need me to answer that? You're missing the point completely. You aren't accepting criticisms because you honestly don't perceive there to be any.

When you are ready to answer that question yourself the trolls won't be so tempted.

Do you honestly not see any legitimate concerns? Don't even think of them as criticisms because for some reason that word has a negative connotation associated with it.

Think of a "wish list". There's lots to be desired and could, should, or would be implemented if consumers could make the proper realistic demands.

No one with any sense should be making a mountain of a molehill like lack of DVD playback. That is a minor criticism but can be legitimately put on anyone's "Wiish Liist" and shouldn't be so vehemently combatted. That's what the trolls are anticipating.

there are problems with the wii u and i have stated a few myself, the problem is trolls blowing stuff out of proportion and doing the same topic over and over again
also ill ask again, what valuable features is the wii u missing. If you cannot answer this ill assume your a troll
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#56GoombaXPosted 1/13/2013 9:21:33 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...

I have a massive backlog of games, I'm not buying a console for 2 mediocre games that I probably wouldn't even get around to buying if they were on a console I already owned.

but you bought a vita
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#57darkjedilinkPosted 1/13/2013 9:22:16 PM
TheBonfini posted...
darkjedilink posted...
TheBonfini posted...
GoombaX posted...

So, unless a game console launches with every possible feature and a hundred great games, trolling is acceptable and nobody can complain about said trolling?

It's pretty much exactly what you said.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#58TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 9:27:58 PM
GoombaX posted...
TheBonfini posted...
GoombaX posted...

there are problems with the wii u and i have stated a few myself, the problem is trolls blowing stuff out of proportion and doing the same topic over and over again
also ill ask again, what valuable features is the wii u missing. If you cannot answer this ill assume your a troll

Ok yeah, blowing things out of proportion is annoying and you are more than entitled to let those who do that know it. It's pretty obvious from lurking but a few months who the regular offenders are of that. But you can't really control about the number of similar topics being made. If it's by the same user you mark them for spamming. If they are different users than more than likely it's a legitimate concern for multiple users. They should probably use the boards search function to see if these concerns have been previously addressed but you can't expect everyone to be up to date on every happening of the consoles when this is actually a really casual website in the first place. I see the tired old "cOld" cliche used for topics relating to news less than a week old. Not everyone logs in to Gamefaqs every single day for updates.

And like a really care if some guy whose online personification is a Nintendo enemy thinks I'm a Nintentroll. Stop hijacking the topic. It isn't about the many obvious criticisms of the Wii-U, it's about people's sensitive reaction to valid concerns.
---
#59DemonDog666Posted 1/13/2013 9:35:34 PM(edited)
GoombaX posted...
but you bought a vita

I bought a vita for alot more then that, there are 9 vita exclusives I either already have or are on my to get list, 5 cross games released I have or want, another 3 ports/multiplats that I have nowhere else to get them but vita that I'm interested in, 5 yet to be released games I'm interested in, 7 psp games I own and like another 20 on my want list waiting for them to go on sale below 10 bucks like the others.

So that's 49 games I have/want on my vita already for those of you who can't add. There were more vita games I wanted on launch then wiiU has now and it doesn't even have a VC or account system so all Nintendo's backlog aside from wii games (which I'd want maybe 5 total on) is useless.
#60TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 9:35:31 PM
darkjedilink posted...
TheBonfini posted...
darkjedilink posted...
TheBonfini posted...
GoombaX posted...

It's pretty much exactly what you said.

If that's your honest interpretation of what I said out of all that than it is hardly a wonder why trolls come in droves to provoke.

You've completely misinterpreted what I said. Oh well.
---