where should the next donkey kong country be

#1hydrocrushPosted 1/13/2013 6:28:27 PM
where should the next donkey kong country be - Results (76 votes)
wii u
65.79% (50 votes)
3ds
13.16% (10 votes)
both
21.05% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
i think like real gamers think that as long as its good handheld over system because graphics dont matter fun comes first

so ill go with 3ds the gba remakes were great except some music changes that shouldent of been done

so the 3ds would make a great home for it
---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836
#2hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 6:33:54 PM
hydrocrush posted...
i think like real gamers think that as long as its good handheld over system because graphics dont matter fun comes first

so ill go with 3ds the gba remakes were great except some music changes that shouldent of been done

also the both was like for if it should be like ssb4
---
#3jakestar0306Posted 1/13/2013 6:40:48 PM
I know this isn't the point, but:
http://gimp.open-source-solution.org/manual/images/tutorials/straight-lines-1.png

It's right there. It probably wouldn't kill you to use it.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#4blinkfreakPosted 1/13/2013 6:42:55 PM
hydrocrush posted...

I picked Wii U just because I want to sit down and drool over it on a big TV. I'd get it on 3DS if that is where it was. I own multiple copies of the originals on multiple systems. I prefer the console versions over the GBC/GBA games.

I just hope they make it a true DKC game and not like Returns. Not just because of the enemies but the lack of water and snow levels (at least I don't remember snow levels in DKCR), everything about diddy, the life system where you get hearts, no switching characters, rolling, lack of animal buddies, some barrel types function differently. I'm sure I could list more but I haven't played DKCR since release.
#5hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 7:05:03 PM
blinkfreak posted...
hydrocrush posted...

I picked Wii U just because I want to sit down and drool over it on a big TV. I'd get it on 3DS if that is where it was. I own multiple copies of the originals on multiple systems. I prefer the console versions over the GBC/GBA games.

I just hope they make it a true DKC game and not like Returns. Not just because of the enemies but the lack of water and snow levels (at least I don't remember snow levels in DKCR), everything about diddy, the life system where you get hearts, no switching characters, rolling, lack of animal buddies, some barrel types function differently. I'm sure I could list more but I haven't played DKCR since release.

the only differences was additions and the some music changes

if they left the music alone they would of been great

i think kid icarus being on the 3ds instead of the wii was perfect
---
#6blinkfreakPosted 1/13/2013 8:19:01 PM
hydrocrush posted...
blinkfreak posted...
hydrocrush posted...

The music changes were annoying but not really bothersome. I really dislike DKC for GBC though. Although my copy has a dead battery so I guess it doesn't matter anymore :(
#7hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:24:18 PM
blinkfreak posted...
hydrocrush posted...
blinkfreak posted...
hydrocrush posted...

The music changes were annoying but not really bothersome. I really dislike DKC for GBC though. Although my copy has a dead battery so I guess it doesn't matter anymore :(

you mean gba?

also hopfully nintendo adds it to the 3ds vc
---
#8blinkfreakPosted 1/13/2013 9:09:32 PM
hydrocrush posted...

you mean gba?

No, I mean GBC. DKC was released on GBC in 2000 I believe. The physics are messed up, you jump way higher than you should be able to.

One issue with the GBA games though is that the backgrounds were washed out. Only a minor gripe though. I love some portable DKC.
#9jakestar0306Posted 1/14/2013 3:51:07 AM
blinkfreak posted...
hydrocrush posted...

you mean gba?

No, I mean GBC. DKC was released on GBC in 2000 I believe. The physics are messed up, you jump way higher than you should be able to.

One issue with the GBA games though is that the backgrounds were washed out. Only a minor gripe though. I love some portable DKC.

I thought Donkey Kong Land was a different game than DKC? I know DKC was re-released for the GBA though.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#10DeathSoul2000Posted 1/14/2013 3:59:10 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
blinkfreak posted...
hydrocrush posted...

you mean gba?

I thought Donkey Kong Land was a different game than DKC? I know DKC was re-released for the GBA though.

What? It is. DKC got 2 remakes - one on the GBC and one on the GBA. On topic though, i vote 3DS. Wii had its fun with 1st party 2D platformers, while DS hardly got any, and the ones it did get were largely sub-par.(YIDS, W:MoD, NSMB, K:SqSq) Its' time for the 3DS to have a turn.