will I like wii U?

#1vidyagamefanboyPosted 1/14/2013 4:33:19 AM
Hi, new to these boards!

I am a big video game fan.

I have owned

nes, snes, gc, gba, ds, psp, xbox 360, 3ds.

Let me give my opinion on them.

Nes: 6/10. Great for it's time, but not so great now except for a few classics.

Snes: 9/10. Fantastic console imo. Squaresoft was still good, actually it was the only period they were good. Lot's of great nintendo classics and third party games.

GC: 8/10. Gets a lot of hate but actually has a really good library of exclusives. I also played oot and mm for the first time on the gc, so that might help my appreciation.

Gba: 8/10. Actually the first thing I bought after not playing games for almost 10 years. Solid overall but many ports.

Ds: 9/10. Needs little explanation I hope.

Psp: 6/10. Save for a few absolutely fantastic games, like trails in the sky and tactics ogre, a waste of money...

Xbox360: 7/10. Some games on it are 10/10, like mass effect and the witcher 2, but overall I don't really like the direction games went in this gen.

Wii: 8/10. Surprising library with many exclusives that have no match elsewhere.

3ds: too early to tell... Some great games though. Waiting for Fire Emblem!!!

QUESTION:

Do you guys think I will enjoy the wii U based on the above?

thnx
#2Luthor_Posted 1/14/2013 4:35:59 AM
W8 4 price drop
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#3MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/14/2013 4:39:14 AM(edited)
If you want a console that is getting ports from other consoles and those ports don't even perform as well, then you'll like it.

If you want a console with a high price tag because of it's gimmicky controller then yeah, you'll like it.

Want a console that'll be dead even before the TRUE next gen consoles come out? If so buy a Wii U.

Interested in only playing first party titles because of poor third party support and none at all after the TRUE next gen consoles come out? If so go get yourself a Wii U.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#4Killeryoshi8Posted 1/14/2013 4:39:00 AM
Yea wait for a pricedrop, this console is garbage atm
---
Blockscape - http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=SFKlNskaRPU&feature=fvwp
#5vidyagamefanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 4:41:16 AM
Killeryoshi8 posted...

In what order would you put:

Snes
Wii
GC
Xbox 360
Wii U

And why?
#6Daz_QSPosted 1/14/2013 4:42:11 AM
It's really only worth it if you want to play 1st party Nintendo games, which they have not really announced much about them.

As with all recent Nintendo consoles you can expect poor 3rd party support.

But yeah, wait for a price drop for sure.
---
EVGA X58 | i7 930 3.8gHz | GTX 570 | 6gb RAM | 750w PSU
#7MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/14/2013 4:44:14 AM
vidyagamefanboy posted...
Killeryoshi8 posted...

Snes
Wii
GC
Xbox 360
Wii U

And why?

There a reason you left Sony out of that list?
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#8vidyagamefanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 4:46:34 AM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
vidyagamefanboy posted...
Killeryoshi8 posted...

Snes
Wii
GC
Xbox 360
Wii U

And why?

There a reason you left Sony out of that list?

Yes.
#9SocranPosted 1/14/2013 5:35:43 AM
If you enjoyed the Gamecube and the Wii, there's no reason you shouldn't like the Wii U. The main complaints the haters have tends to be "It's pretty much only worth it for first party Nintendo games" (a la Gamecube) and "It's too much weaker than the competition that isn't even out yet" (like the Wii).

As an actual console, it's as fun as can be expected. Moreso than usual, in fact. The only thing it's lacking is a large number of games, but that's because it's brand new. At worst, it will get as few games as the Gamecube and Wii, and since you didn't have a problem with those, you'll be just fine.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#10bleachgamer3Posted 1/14/2013 5:44:29 AM
I give the wii u an 8/10 the MOST of the negative comments come from people who have not played it or just dislike it just to give them something to do. I consider the wii u to be a lot of fun I think you will like it.