What's the point of a NNID?

#14D_ShadoPosted 1/14/2013 7:44:35 AM
Your games are tied to the console. If your Wii U bricks because of a system update, everything you bought is lost. Does having this ID system accomplish anything other than making Nintendo feel like they've caught up to the competition in online infrastructure?
#2GloryChaosPosted 1/14/2013 7:45:29 AM
The point is to eventually have an actual account system that can accessed from your computer, phone, 3ds, or future Nintendo system.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#3jackorhoadsPosted 1/14/2013 7:48:39 AM
Friend Codes were better (lol)
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#4FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/14/2013 7:48:52 AM
to add to above i also wouldnt be surprised if nintendo changed the club nintendo service to use NNID in the future.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter P3rd (PSP)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#54D_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 1:01:30 PM
GloryChaos posted...
The point is to eventually have an actual account system that can accessed from your computer, phone, 3ds, or future Nintendo system.

Right so you can back up your games or something? I dun get it
#6Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 1:02:52 PM
Pretty much it'll be your ID, even though things are tied to the console such a thing can be corrected in a later update. Even more so when the 3DS can get a one.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#7BuretsuPosted 1/14/2013 1:03:21 PM
4D_Shado posted...
GloryChaos posted...

Right so you can back up your games or something? I dun get it

An account system would correct the flaw of having games linked to your console, and instead have them linked to your account so you're not reliant on Nintendo if your console breaks, or you want to access your games from someone else's Wii U.

It would also tie together Nintendo systems in the same way that PSN does for Sony's consoles and handhelds.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit