Limits for Demo's?

#1xXHPLinkXxPosted 1/14/2013 11:44:53 AM
Why on Earth does Nintendo limit the amount of times a Demo can be played? That's so dumb. Is there any reason for this?
---
PSN: Mr_Summers
"But Professor, I'm packing a bazooka behind each eyeball!" -Cyclops
#2Banjo2553Posted 1/14/2013 11:45:51 AM
I dunno why there's limits either.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#3zetsuclonePosted 1/14/2013 11:46:51 AM
wat
---
I can transform
#4HejiruPosted 1/14/2013 11:47:09 AM
To make you buy the real game.

I thought this was obvious.
---
Your opinion differs from mine, therefore you're trolling.
#5GloryChaosPosted 1/14/2013 11:47:55 AM
Nintendo doesn't limit anything. Rather, they give developers and publishers the ability to limit the demos themselves. The reason for that? A mystery to me.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/14/2013 11:48:09 AM
Nintendo allows developers to add varying limits to their demos so that you cannot just use the demo. Eventually the demo runs out and if you want to keep playing it you would need to buy the game.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#7Y34RX3R0Posted 1/14/2013 11:48:53 AM
Hejiru posted...

---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#8New LinkPosted 1/14/2013 11:52:45 AM
When I was much younger, the playstation 1 was my main console. I had several demo disks, one in particular had Spyro and a few levels. I played this demo over and over again, but I never bought Spyro. The few levels included were enough to satisfy me. This was also the case with other games like Legacy of Kain.

Don't want to lose the sales. Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I understand why they did it, because kids are easily entertained, a few levels can be enough, and even some older players still do this, repeatedly play the demo without purchasing the game.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#9NiftyManZPosted 1/14/2013 11:55:02 AM
Hejiru posted...

---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#10xXHPLinkXx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 12:24:51 PM
New Link posted...
When I was much younger, the playstation 1 was my main console. I had several demo disks, one in particular had Spyro and a few levels. I played this demo over and over again

I had that same demo disc and would play that demo a lot as well lol.

Just annoying, is all, cause I love playing the Rayman demo and showing it to my friends when they come over. I'll run out of uses before the game is out :(
---
PSN: Mr_Summers
"But Professor, I'm packing a bazooka behind each eyeball!" -Cyclops