Limits for Demo's?

#41StarBladeEdgePosted 1/14/2013 12:52:03 PM
i can play the rayman demo 30 times....more than enough imo
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#42Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 12:53:41 PM
Zimmy posted...
I love how people frame their answers to fit their argument.

The question isn't should there be limits.

It is, why are there limits at all?

I have downloaded demos on all platforms and Nintendo is the only one that has this limit nonsense.

It really is a non issue since If I am playing the demo 30 times, I should be buying the game.

The better approach is to let you download the full game and have an hour timer like how PSN does.

Hell I agree with you on the PSN one (though it's been a while since I used it). But it does boil down to the fact that if you play a demo enough times or you used up the 30 limits for demos I think it's time to buy the game.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#43TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 12:54:49 PM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Do you not know how kids are? They are selfish, rotten brats. A demo can be fun, a demo can be very fun. It wouldn't take more than a few bored nights for a person to exhaust the demo limit. They talk about how they are addicted to the demo of this game and now their friends are curious about it and the game can't be demo'd for them.

Do you not see how this restriction hurts more than it helps and why people scoff at the idea of paying for demos?

Well then it's really only an issue for kids, but to adults it becomes a non issue all together.

Ok?? In most any case I would say it is a kid that is exhausting their demos because they can't just go out and buy the game they are so addicted too.

but that is my point. Anyone who exhausts the demo restriction is not going to buy the game anyways, that is why it is pointless to have the restriction.

It makes more sense to let the OCD kid play the game as much as he wants who in turn nags his parents incessantly or tells his friends about what game he is playing.

It would still benefit the developer to have the person who is so in love with the game they can't stop playing the demo be able to show it off to their friends.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#44DiscostewSMPosted 1/14/2013 12:57:04 PM
TheBonfini posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Store managers get quite annoyed when a customer comes in and tries out the same free samples day in and day out without buying anything.

Oh do they? Do they get mad when that same person tells all their friends who can afford to buy the game that it is so amazing they have to keep going back to play it, it is so good?

They'd likely go for the sampler bit as well. Free is what people want nowadays.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#45Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 12:58:50 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Ok?? In most any case I would say it is a kid that is exhausting their demos because they can't just go out and buy the game they are so addicted too.

but that is my point. Anyone who exhausts the demo restriction is not going to buy the game anyways, that is why it is pointless to have the restriction.

It makes more sense to let the OCD kid play the game as much as he wants who in turn nags his parents incessantly or tells his friends about what game he is playing.

It would still benefit the developer to have the person who is so in love with the game they can't stop playing the demo be able to show it off to their friends.

Then those adults that use their demo uses up yet doesn't buy the game but brags to his friends about said game is foolish.

And it really hurts the devs more for someone that constantly plays the demo.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#46TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 12:59:08 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
TheBonfini posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Store managers get quite annoyed when a customer comes in and tries out the same free samples day in and day out without buying anything.

Oh do they? Do they get mad when that same person tells all their friends who can afford to buy the game that it is so amazing they have to keep going back to play it, it is so good?

They'd likely go for the sampler bit as well. Free is what people want nowadays.

Do people always get what they want?
---
#47IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/14/2013 1:00:14 PM
They let developers do this, which they never should have done but whatever it is over now.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#48NiftyManZPosted 1/14/2013 1:01:37 PM
TheBonfini posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
TheBonfini posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

They do if the developer is offering a free demo that quenches the thirst of playing the game, without wanting or needing to purchase the game at retail.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#49TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 1:01:55 PM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...

Then those adults that use their demo uses up yet doesn't buy the game but brags to his friends about said game is foolish.

And it really hurts the devs more for someone that constantly plays the demo.

Who would brag about that? Brag? Who said that? Stop making up words to put in the discussion that have no point in being used.

Why would someone be foolish talking about a game that has them so hooked they have played the demo multiple times?

How does it hurt devs that people play their demo? If it really hurt devs then there would not be demos.
---
#50TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 1:04:42 PM
NiftyManZ posted...
TheBonfini posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
TheBonfini posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

They do if the developer is offering a free demo that quenches the thirst of playing the game, without wanting or needing to purchase the game at retail.

People who play a demo over and over and over were not in a position to purchase the game anyways. Quenches your thirst? If I loved a game so much I played the demo 30 damn times I would want that game. Don't you see that?

Now if I talk to my buddies about it, they get curious, and want to see it.. Now they can't demo the game. That isn't good for Nintendo or the developer.

You guys act like there is some amazing demo out there that is as good as the full game.
---