Limits for Demo's?

#71TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 1:32:58 PM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
So you are saying that one can't come to a reasonable conclusion of a game based on a DEMO of the game. What you are suggesting is pointless IS the ENTIRE point of a demo.

Having a limit DOES hurt the developers because it takes peoples ability to ADVERTISE the game to people AWAY from them.

Having people enjoy a demo and hopefully talk about it to people and tell them how much they enjoyed the demo does NOT hurt anyone. It is the ENTIRE point of the demo. It gets word of mouth out which leads to sales, assuming the word of mouth is positive. It only hurts developers if the demo sucks, and in that case, too bad for releasing a crappy demo.

Well considering demos aren't the final product you only get rough estimates on a game from a demo. Sometimes how you feel about a demo might not be how you feel about the final game. I thought the Dead Rising demo was fun, but playing the final product was more a chore.

And it doesn't take away advertising away from developers, because things like commercials exist.

And yes having people enjoy a demo and talking about it doesn't hurt, but having them enjoy a demo, talk about it, yet not buy the product does. Hell if people were say going by word of mouth I'm pretty sure it's a good indication that someone already owns said console so they can try the demo themselves.

No where did I say demos are the final product of the game. They are just demos. And obviously not entirely representative of the full product. How are you possibly getting anything related to this out of my post?

It does take advertising away. There is a limit. It is LITERALLY limiting the amount of times people can advertise and show the DEMO to the game off. How are you saying otherwise?

So you are saying you can't talk about games on systems you don't own? How are you getting anything remotely like that from any of the points I have made? It would be good for Nintendo fans to showcase the game and talk about it to people who don't have it.. Do you see why that would be good for Nintendo??
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#72BuretsuPosted 1/14/2013 1:33:16 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Buretsu posted...
TheBonfini posted...
There is no benefit for the customers, OR, the developers OR Nintendo to limit an advertisement of a game, PERIOD.

So EA and Sega are just shooting themselves in the foot by setting the limits for the Fifa 2013 and Sonic Racing demos to 10 and 15 respectively?

Shooting themselves in the foot? Take your hyperbole elsewhere.

It sucks for people who could have potentially come to a conclusion about those games and now they can't since there is an arbitrary limit in place.

You're saying that no developer would want to put a limit on their demos. But these demos have limits, and they're stricter than they could be. If they didn't want a limit on their demos, why not at least set the number of uses to the maximum? Why would they do it If there's no benefit to them, PERIOD?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#73FindmeElseweyrPosted 1/14/2013 1:37:39 PM
Demos shouldn't have limits on them until after the game is released.

I play demos of games before they're released to satisfy that craving before I can buy the full game.

Demo limits themselves make sense, I'm just glad no one else does it. Kinda funny Ninty does though, out of the big 3. I figured M$ would be the first, then after a while $ony would (with unlimited demos for PS+ members) and then finally after years Ninty would hop on board as well.
---
I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
dungeonfighter.nexon.net
#74TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 1:37:47 PM
Buretsu posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Buretsu posted...
TheBonfini posted...
There is no benefit for the customers, OR, the developers OR Nintendo to limit an advertisement of a game, PERIOD.

So EA and Sega are just shooting themselves in the foot by setting the limits for the Fifa 2013 and Sonic Racing demos to 10 and 15 respectively?

Shooting themselves in the foot? Take your hyperbole elsewhere.

It sucks for people who could have potentially come to a conclusion about those games and now they can't since there is an arbitrary limit in place.

You're saying that no developer would want to put a limit on their demos. But these demos have limits, and they're stricter than they could be. If they didn't want a limit on their demos, why not at least set the number of uses to the maximum? Why would they do it If there's no benefit to them, PERIOD?

I really don't know how limiting an advertisement for a game could benefit unless the demo sucks.
---
#75Final Fantasy2389Posted 1/14/2013 1:38:23 PM
Why didn't you buy it if you loved the demo so much? Did you have a lot of disposable income back then? Were you smart enough to realize you were missing out on 90% of the game?

I was around 11 or 12 at the time, so no I didn't have a lot of disposable income (and I never had an allowance).
I knew what I was missing but had no way of actually getting the game aside from asking for it for my birthday or Christmas (which I did but never received).

There was a Spyro Year of the Dragon demo on that disc as well. I actually did get that game for my Birthday one year.

Here's the one I had:

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=28653
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/MQgbcu | http://bit.ly/Lw3HJz | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#76Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 1:39:22 PM
TheBonfini posted...
No where did I say demos are the final product of the game. They are just demos. And obviously not entirely representative of the full product. How are you possibly getting anything related to this out of my post?

It does take advertising away. There is a limit. It is LITERALLY limiting the amount of times people can advertise and show the DEMO to the game off. How are you saying otherwise?

So you are saying you can't talk about games on systems you don't own? How are you getting anything remotely like that from any of the points I have made? It would be good for Nintendo fans to showcase the game and talk about it to people who don't have it.. Do you see why that would be good for Nintendo??

"So you are saying that one can't come to a reasonable conclusion of a game based on a DEMO of the game. What you are suggesting is pointless IS the ENTIRE point of a demo. "

Maybe I was taking it a bit out of context so I apologize\ze, but still what was reasonable about the demo might not be the same about the final product is the thing.

And no it doesn't as advertising is VAST. You could say show off the game in videos, or images. Sure you don't get hands on but you can still advertise it. Hell not even every game HAS demos to begin with so obviously limiting the demo doesn't harm the advertisement of the game.

And I'm not saying that, I'm saying that in case you use up your demos but talk ti friends about this awesome game chances are they might have the same console or you have a better shot at just buying the game if you actually use up the limits. Because now you can show people the full product instead of say 15 minutes.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#77IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/14/2013 1:44:23 PM
Have we seen an unlimited Wii U demo yet? If not then it's safe to assume Nintendo forces them to do this.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#78Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 1:44:50 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Have we seen an unlimited Wii U demo yet? If not then it's safe to assume Nintendo forces them to do this.

lol
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#79TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 1:47:20 PM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...

"So you are saying that one can't come to a reasonable conclusion of a game based on a DEMO of the game. What you are suggesting is pointless IS the ENTIRE point of a demo. "

Maybe I was taking it a bit out of context so I apologize\ze, but still what was reasonable about the demo might not be the same about the final product is the thing.

And no it doesn't as advertising is VAST. You could say show off the game in videos, or images. Sure you don't get hands on but you can still advertise it. Hell not even every game HAS demos to begin with so obviously limiting the demo doesn't harm the advertisement of the game.

And I'm not saying that, I'm saying that in case you use up your demos but talk ti friends about this awesome game chances are they might have the same console or you have a better shot at just buying the game if you actually use up the limits. Because now you can show people the full product instead of say 15 minutes.

I agree with you that a demo might not be representative of the full game. So why are you still talking about it? It is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Case closed. Demos don't equal the full game. I know it, you know it. Celebrate!

Limiting an advertisement limits an advertisement. Just because there are other ways to advertise does not take away the point that a limit limits things. Why are you still arguing English with me?

Why are chances good that if someone uses up a demo their friends have that console? What you are saying doesn't make any logical sense. Sometimes people don't WANT to buy the game after they play a demo but they might want to show off the demo to their friends that might enjoy that type of game. Why in the world would I buy a game I don't like just to demo it to my friends?
---
#80IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/14/2013 1:49:15 PM
Baha05 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...

lol

You laugh but it's a possibility, Nintendo loves arbitrary limitations.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10