Limits for Demo's?

#91IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/14/2013 3:16:03 PM
Baha05 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
You are the one that said they were bonuses, so...

By bonus I meant for advertising. It's one thing to have videos and pictures of games, it's another to get a demo. Even more when you think that not all games even get demos and the ones that do are often kinda crazy in when they get released. Some release far before the release, some too close or on the release, and a few after release of the full game.

Thanks for admitting you said bonus and were wrong. :)
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#92DTY3Posted 1/14/2013 3:16:15 PM
Baha05 posted...
Have we seen an unlimited Wii U demo yet? If not then it's safe to assume Nintendo forces them to do this.

lol

You laugh but it's a possibility, Nintendo loves arbitrary limitations.

My Pokemon Rumble demo still exists and is unlimited as far as i know.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#93Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 3:16:31 PM

Admitting to bonus yeah, being wrong no.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#94MotiJrPosted 1/14/2013 3:17:53 PM
Seriously, who needs to play a game 30 times before deciding if it is worth purchasing? When people complain about demo limits, they just sound cheap when the limit is around 20 plays.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#95Beatperson14Posted 1/14/2013 3:18:07 PM
Nintendo lowers the bar yet again
#96TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 3:20:55 PM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
I don't know how you can say such an absolute thing as it doesn't. I gave a real example of how it could. You use up all your demo trials, people come over, you can't show the demo to them. The developer just lost an opportunity to have their game show cased. I am not saying it is some huge big deal and the developer will go bankrupt over it. I just propositioned that it is doing more harm than good, and I have not been giving any argument to the contrary. Look at Eoins post it more eloquently lists my points.

I think people like to show case their new systems to people who don't have it yet. That is my reasoning. That is why I think that limiting the demo can even hurt Nintendo. If I was them I would want all the early adopters to show the demos off to everyone who doesn't own the system.

I get what you mean but that situation but honestly there are other methods to showcase a game and outside being a kid, you could always save a few plays for such an occasion. Sure it's not going to bankrupt anyone but it won't hurt them either

And yeah you have a point there too, though again it boils back to simply saving like at best 3 plays. That way you still played the demo a lot and you have enough to showcase the game to others. Or better yet just buying the game would be a better option if say you liked it because I don't think anyone who had played a demo and not liked it would play it 30 times.

I know there are many other methods to showcase a game. I just think a demo is the best if it is available. Not making the demo available isn't good for the developer who might enjoy the free advertisement. That is all I am saying.

Not one singular time did I ever say that someone who didn't like a demo would play it 30 times. I said it can happen someone likes a demo SO much they play it 30 times and can't show the demo off to people they talk to about it. That is how it might hurt the developer get the free advertisement.

You keep saying I have a point and then try to make one of your own to combat me that has absolutely no relevance to what I have ever said in this discussion. Why do you keep doing that?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#97StickMen1090Posted 1/14/2013 3:21:42 PM
its the devs who make this limit
#98Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 3:23:21 PM
TheBonfini posted...
I know there are many other methods to showcase a game. I just think a demo is the best if it is available. Not making the demo available isn't good for the developer who might enjoy the free advertisement. That is all I am saying.

Not one singular time did I ever say that someone who didn't like a demo would play it 30 times. I said it can happen someone likes a demo SO much they play it 30 times and can't show the demo off to people they talk to about it. That is how it might hurt the developer get the free advertisement.

You keep saying I have a point and then try to make one of your own to combat me that has absolutely no relevance to what I have ever said in this discussion. Why do you keep doing that?

Maybe, though again it can boil down to just saving a demo or 2 so you can show it off. That's all I'm going to say about it.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#99IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/14/2013 3:24:22 PM
Baha05 posted...

Admitting to bonus yeah, being wrong no.

Poor guy can't admit when he is wrong, oh well.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#100Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 3:26:07 PM
Poor guy can't admit when he is wrong, oh well.

Well you haven't told me why I was wrong, you just took a word I used out of the context I was using it in. Maybe reward wasn't the word but there is no denying that games do exist without demos and to get a demo of a game outside a game expo is pretty damn good.
---